Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 7, 2016 11:34 pm
You guys heading down the tunnel? Anyone wanna volunteer for the vanguard?
Apr 7, 2016 11:41 pm
Mordred uses his stealth and darkvision as he moves down the passage.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Perception - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Apr 7, 2016 11:45 pm
Mordred silently pads down the tunnel about 100' before reaching a 30' wide round chamber with exits to the west, south, and east.

With the exception of the tunnel he entered from, all the exits from this chamber have a small streak of red paint over them.
Apr 8, 2016 12:11 am
Footprints?

Rolls

Survivial skill check - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Apr 8, 2016 12:15 am
Zangua follows, keeping pace with the group and Mordred's advance.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Apr 8, 2016 12:51 am
With the exception of the tunnel he entered from, all the exits from this chamber have a small streak of red paint over them.

You gotta be kidding me.
Apr 8, 2016 12:57 am
The ground here is hard and rough, making prints hard to find. A quick examination shows that the west tunnel inclines and bends south, the east tunnel declines and bends north, and the south tunnel appears to continue south on level ground.
Apr 8, 2016 12:57 am
Zangua looks to the group. "We could try and trick him, make him think we found her?" he suggests, though he himself doesn't seem certain of how effective that would be. "Want me to take a chance?" he finally asks.
Apr 8, 2016 3:00 am
"Call him, tell him she's here. If he hears us, he might come out," says Zangua. But as he considers the idea some more, "Don't know what we'd do after that, though." He shrugs in resignation.
Apr 8, 2016 5:07 am
"It has to be either the west tunnel or the south tunnel. We could split up again, though I'm not sure how we'd contact each other." Leth says, catching his breath, and a bit exasperated at the sudden inconvenience of having to guess which way they should go again. "My guess is the south tunnel, but it could be either." Leth moves into the south tunnel a little bit, hoping that if Everil was still bleeding, he might have left behind some blood somewhere that could help give them an indication of where to go...

Rolls

Investigation (south tunnel for blood trail or other such signs of passage) - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Apr 8, 2016 5:42 am
No blood, but after spending a few minutes looking carefully, Leth sees faint impressions in the south tunnel that look like claw marks to him.
Apr 8, 2016 4:35 pm
Standing at the mouth of the south tunnel, you hear something. It sounds like a scream.
Apr 8, 2016 4:57 pm
"Good enough for me," says Zangua, and he takes off down the south tunnel, calling his mobility into play.
Apr 8, 2016 5:06 pm
Shamush reacts with Zangua to the scream and starts pelting down the tunnel with him, head down, face intent. He laughs wildly, saying, "This day could not get any more fucked up!"
Apr 8, 2016 5:14 pm
Leading the charge with Shamush right behind him, Zangua runs the 80' length of the south tunnel. He can hear grunting, growling, scraping sounds as he nears the tunnel exit, at which he skids to a stop. Everil is here, and so is a young woman, short but sturdily built with close-cropped brown hair, wearing breeches and a loose tunic. She's not quite the long-haired child painted on the shell, but this has to be Zora Kells.

They're in another thimble-shaped chamber, about 40' across. Two ledges jut out from the walls of this space, a little over 15' high, one opposite Zangua on the south wall, another to his right on the west wall. There's an open doorway on the west ledge, and a closed, heavy wooden door on the south ledge. A border of faded red paint surrounds the door. The door itself has been vigorously hacked at around where the handle should be, on its left side, showing multiple deep gouges.

http://i.imgur.com/nthfrTQ.jpg

Everil, still in badger-form, attempts to scrabble up the south ledge, snarling and chittering. Zora, kneeling on the ledge in front of the door, thrusts down at him with a bone javelin with a grunt of extertion, and Everil slides back down the side with a low growl.

Neither of them seem to have noticed you yet.
Apr 8, 2016 5:24 pm
"You feel like taking out a king?" Zangua asks Shamush, with a wild grin. His iron-shod club and handaxe are slipped out of their loops.
Apr 8, 2016 5:26 pm
Zora's head jerks up, and Everil quickly turns around, at the sound of Zangua's voice. Everil makes a low hissing sound.
Apr 8, 2016 5:31 pm
"Come on, your majesty," says Zangua, side-stepping to his left to clear the tunnel and give Shamush and the others the opportunity to position themselves. "We're all friends, right? We'll have a seat, sip some tea, or whatever it is you royals do?"

The tip of Zangua's club never wavers as it points towards Everil, while the blade of his handaxe is held back.
Apr 8, 2016 5:47 pm
Watching as Zora stabs down at the badger-king-man Vad has seen enough. "I'd be up for a little de-throwning." he responds to Zangua.
OOC:
Vad will take a ready action to prepare Magic Missile. Should badger-king-man make a move to attack Vad will unleash the spell.

EDIT: One more dart, only had the two.
Last edited April 8, 2016 5:47 pm

Rolls

Magic Missle - Three Darts [If needed] - (2d4+3)

(42) + 3 = 9

3rd dart - (1d4)

(4) = 4

load next

Thread locked