Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 10, 2016 12:10 pm
"... We did get a were-rat once, and he could only be harmed by silver. Unless one of you has more expensive weapons than I've seen so far, we are going to have to subdue him and get him to change back."
Apr 10, 2016 7:52 pm
Relieved to see Zora alive, Felor readies himself to subdue the subterranean king.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(18) + 1 = 19

Apr 11, 2016 3:58 pm
Combat begins! Here are your initiative tiers:

1st: Felor, Leth, Shamush, Zangua, Mordred
2nd: Everil
3rd: Vad
4th: Zora

Tier one, you are go!
Apr 11, 2016 4:12 pm
So I'm thinking we should have the most athletic characters attempt to grapple, while the less athletic members (like Mordred) use a Help action to give them advantage on their rolls. So if someone wants to grapple, Mordred will Help. I'd really like to subdue Everil rather than kill him, so we can possibly get some more information about the Badgerways out of him.
Apr 11, 2016 4:32 pm
Zangua leaps forward again, angling at the cavern wall and planting his foot to launch himself high upon the badger-king's back.

Rolls

Athletics to Grapple - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

Advantage from Mordred (assuming) - (1d20+6)

(11) + 6 = 17

Apr 11, 2016 4:42 pm
Future grapplers, you can roll Everil's counter along with your own roll; it's 1d20+2.

Edit: Throwing himself at Everil again, Zangua succeeds in wrapping the royal werebadger in a bear hug.

Rolls

Everil's Athletics check to counter Grapple attempt - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Apr 11, 2016 8:10 pm
Since Mordred was helping Zangua with that bear hug (how'd you help, Mordred?), Felor, Leth, and Shamush are up next.
Apr 11, 2016 8:30 pm
Given Zangua's rolls, it appears I just waved my hands around menacingly and said, "Hey Everil! Look behind you!"
Apr 11, 2016 8:33 pm
"Zora, you said they squeeze his paws? All four paws? Like a massage thing, or what? Tell us what to do to get him back into human form."
Apr 11, 2016 8:38 pm
"Well...I only saw it happen once," Zora says. With Everil distracted, she has already turned around and started hacking away at the door with her bone javelin again. "One troll held him down and another two squeezed his front paws with both hands."
Apr 11, 2016 8:44 pm
Can I climb up to Zora's platform as the movement portion of my turn? I should probably have said at the time, so it's OK if not.
Apr 11, 2016 8:54 pm
It's a pretty sheer climb, your best bet would be two kind of wedge yourself where the protruding part of the ledge meets the wall of the chamber and shimmy up, but that's definitely going to take an ability check and is more of a task taking up your turn action than a basic movement.
Apr 12, 2016 3:42 am
OOC:
So Zangua just has a hold on him? He's not pinned to the ground yet?

I would want Leth to help in whatever way he needs to in order to get Everil on the ground and to then start applying pressure to one of his paws, but I'm not 100% sure what sort of action/check/roll I would need to accomplish that...
Apr 12, 2016 12:06 pm
Dropping his spear and shield to the ground, Felor charges forwards to assist Zangua in subduing the were-beast while beseeching "Fjorgyn, lend me your strength!"

Cast Guidance and add to Athletics check. To the paw rubbing thing if Zangua has him pinned, otherwise help to pin him while others do the paw thing.

Rolls

Athletics + Guidance - (1d20+2, 1d4)

1d20+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

1d4 : (3) = 3

Everil's opposing check - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Apr 12, 2016 4:01 pm
Leth: you could either assist Zangua in holding him down, or go for a paw. Either would be an Athletics check.

Felor goes for one of Everil's paws and manages to keep a hold on a few of his digits, but he's trying hard to wrench it away...

Shamush, you're up.
Apr 12, 2016 4:44 pm
So to assist Zangua, what should I roll?
Apr 12, 2016 4:46 pm
If you want to dogpile him, do an Athletics check; it'll make it harder for Everil to break free.
Apr 12, 2016 4:52 pm
Shamush spreads his hands and looks for an opening and then darts forward to help Zangua subdue the badger.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Apr 12, 2016 5:01 pm
Shamush joins Zangua in trying to hold the werebeast down.

Waiting on Leth's action decision for now...
Apr 13, 2016 4:51 pm
To keep things moving, gonna bump Leth to the next slot.

Everil thrashes about, trying to dislodge the humans hugging him and holding his paws.

Edit: Felor loses his grip, but Zangua and Shamush stay on him.

Leth and Vad, you're next!

Rolls

Everil Athletics check to break free - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

load next

Thread locked