Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 13, 2016 5:08 pm
OOC:
writing from my phone, I'll be away from my computer til Friday.

I think if we can keep at least two (maybe even three) of us piled on him, then the rest of us go for the paws, we should be good.
Seeing the were-badger vulnerable on the ground, Leth goes for a paw - the one opposite of Felor - and tries to get ahold of it and start squeezing, hoping it will actually work.

Rolls

Southpaw Athletics - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Everil's check - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Apr 13, 2016 5:16 pm
Leth dives for Everil's left paw and grabs hold, squeezing tightly. Everil tries to jerk it away, but Leth isn't about to let go.

Vad, you're up!
Apr 13, 2016 9:25 pm
OOC:
Appears the right paw is open still?
Badger jumping not being something Vad is to familiar with he hesitates for a moment before sighing in resignation and running towards badger-man's front right paw. "I'll get this one!" he screams as he awkwardly throws himself through the air.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Break Free - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Apr 13, 2016 9:47 pm
Vad goes for the right paw, and while he doesn't maintain the most solid of grips on it, manages to hang on.

Zora, meanwhile, continues hacking away at the door behind her.

A new round begins! Felor, Leth, Shamush, Zangua, and Mordred are up!
Apr 13, 2016 10:40 pm
Zangua does his best to hold on. "He smells worse than you, Shamush!"

Rolls

Athletics to maintain grapple - (1d20+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Everil counter - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Apr 13, 2016 10:42 pm
Everybody -- if you just want to maintain your current Grapple hold, you don't need to roll again, it's on Everil to use his turn to break free if he can.

Felor, Leth, Shamush, and Mordred are next!
Apr 13, 2016 10:42 pm
OOC:
Ah, thanks for the explanation!
Apr 14, 2016 8:46 am
Can I help with the paw-rubbing or is it strictly one-man-per-paw?
Apr 14, 2016 12:06 pm
So we've currently got Shamush and Zangua pinning Everil, with Leth and Vad squeezing a paw each, is that right? I'm guessing we need to squeeze for a certain length of time, so Mordred will jump on the pig-pile holding him down.

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Apr 14, 2016 4:08 pm
"Fjorgyn! Assist this loyal servant with your might!" Felor implores, laying a hand on Mordred's shoulder.

Cast Guidance, and add it to Mordred's Athletics check. (Is that OK? You can add the roll before or after rolling the skill check so is it cool to cast it after Mordred's already done the check?)

Rolls

Guidance - (1d4)

(3) = 3

Apr 14, 2016 4:10 pm
Edit: Felor, this use of Guidance is fine.

Mordred circles around the Everil dogpile, trying to get at his relatively exposed hindquarters to lend a hand in holding him down. He gets a tentative grasp of the werebadger's legs, and...

Something flies through the air from the open doorway on the west ledge, landing on the ground in the middle of the chamber with a wet thud. A bundle, wrapped in a cloak stained with sticky reddish-black goo. You recognize the cloak. It's Ghaman's cloak.

You all look up. Standing on the west ledge is a bronze construct in the shape of a tall, gaunt man with spindly limbs and a head shaped like a scroll case standing on its end, studded with glowing red gems. In one pincerlike hand it holds a long bronze pole topped with a C-shaped blade.

"I HAVE COME FOR WHAT I SOUGHT," it says in a dead, flat voice. "I AM IMPLACABLE."

With one unnaturally sudden, swift leap, it springs from the west ledge to the one Zora is standing on, landing on large, squared-off feet. Zora screams and leaps from the ledge, hitting the ground hard but rolling into a somersault.

Everil struggles against the men holding him down and twists his neck up to look at the construct, snarling furiously.

Shamush, it's your turn.
Apr 14, 2016 4:20 pm
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Did not see that coming.
Apr 14, 2016 4:23 pm
OOC:
You totally modelled him on IG-88 right? ;) That is a bad-ass scary image.

So, uh, can we let Everil have at the droid?
Apr 14, 2016 4:38 pm
http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/IG-88.jpg

That's what I was thinking, notinventedhere.
Last edited April 14, 2016 4:38 pm
Apr 14, 2016 4:41 pm
No, no, it's totally different! He's BRONZE! And the red lights on his head aren't electric lights, they're glowing magic gems! idk what you guys are talking about
Apr 14, 2016 7:22 pm
Is it too involved a set of actions to get off Everil and get a javelin fwung at the construct in one round?
Apr 14, 2016 7:45 pm
Nah, you can release him as a free action, so that would be alright.
Apr 14, 2016 7:59 pm
Shamush looks up through a tuft of badger fur at the arrival of the construct, his eyes wide and startled. He releases his grip and as he stumbles back, reaches over his shoulder for one of his javelins and hurls it up at the awful thing with wild lunge. Rattled, he croaks, "Kill, Your Majesty! Kill it!"

Rolls

Attack with javelin - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage with javelin - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Apr 14, 2016 8:03 pm
Shamush's javelin pings off the Implacable's slender bronze chest.

Everil has the next turn; before I decide his action, I need to know if Zangua et al are going to keep trying to hold him down, or let him go?
Apr 14, 2016 8:27 pm
OOC:
Zangua is definitely going to channel is best Laurence Olivier and release the badger.
load next

Thread locked