Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 15, 2016 11:31 pm
"Move! I'll cover you!" shouts Zangua as he draws his club. With a weapon in each hand, Zangua dances lightly in front of the Implacable to keep its attention, remaining between it and the fleeing girl.
OOC:
Taking the Dodge action to impose disadvantage.
Apr 16, 2016 12:19 am
Turning its attention on Zora's flight down the tunnel, the Implacable announces to the room, "YOU CANNOT FLEE FROM THE IMPLACABLE," and whirls its catchpole at the dancing warrior standing between it and its quarry.

Edit: The blunt end of the pole cracks against Zangua's helmet, ringing his head like a bell, soon followed by the blade swooping up across his chest, cutting into the enchanted scales of his armor...

Zangua, please make a Constitution saving throw! Also, Felor, Leth, Mordred, and Shamush can take their actions.

Rolls

The Implacable's disadvantaged butt-end catchpole attack vs Zangua - (1d20+9)

(17) + 9 = 26

The Implacable's disadvantaged butt-end catchpole attack vs Zangua - (1d20+9)

(9) + 9 = 18

Damage, if applicable - (1d6+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

The Implacable's disadvantaged blade-end catchpole attack vs Zangua - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

The Implacable's disadvantaged blade-end catchpole attack vs Zangua - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

Damage, if applicable - (1d10+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Apr 16, 2016 12:41 am
Mordred runs to Zora's side and asks if she is OK. He stands between her and The Implacable and prepares a Fire Bolt spell as a Ready action, should The Implacable give chase.
Last edited April 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Rolls

Fire Bolt - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Damage - (1d10)

(6) = 6

Apr 16, 2016 12:45 am
Zangua idly wonders if such a construct would prove a suitable sparring partner. Minus the nasty weapon, of course.

Rolls

Constitution - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Apr 16, 2016 5:51 pm
"I'm fine" Zora says, then, a beat later: "I twisted my knee or something."

Zangua feels a burning, swelling sensation in his chest, where the Implacable cut him.

Felor, Leth, Shamush, you're up!

Rolls

Zangua poison damage - (2d4)

(24) = 6

Apr 16, 2016 11:49 pm
Seeing that his arrow had no effect, Leth curses and puts away his bow, and goes to retrieve his shortswords as they move down the tunnel. He suddenly remembers he has a "new" sword - and didn't Felor say it was enchanted? Maybe that could prove to be effective. He draws the magic shortsword in his right hand and one of his original shortswords in his other, though he makes no attempt to attack The Implacable and instead opts to keep following Zora down the tunnel, simply being prepared to fight with the swords should he be forced to do so.
Apr 18, 2016 1:51 am
Shamush, in the throes of his frenzy, whacks away at the construct with his club, moving to Zangua's side as he does so.

Two attacks due to frenzy, fruitless or not.

Rolls

Attack Roll #1 - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Attack Roll #2 - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Damage Roll #1 - (1d8+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Damage Roll #2 - (1d8+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Apr 18, 2016 8:41 am
Quote:
"YOU CANNOT FLEE FROM THE IMPLACABLE,"
"I beg to differ," Felor mutters as he scoops his equipment off of the floor and retreats down the tunnel with Zora.
(does collecting my stuff count as an action, or can I cast a spell too?)
Last edited April 18, 2016 10:01 am
Apr 18, 2016 4:24 pm
Shamush whangs away ineffectually at the Implacable while Felor scoops up his belongings.

Sure Felor, you can cast a spell!
Apr 19, 2016 8:23 am
"I beseech thee, destroy this unnatural terror!"

Cast Guiding Bolt - IF IT HITS: All attacks vs construct gain advantage until the end of my next turn.

Rolls

Guiding Bolt attack roll - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Damage if applicable (radiant) - (4d6)

(1251) = 9

Apr 19, 2016 3:46 pm
Felor's piety seems insufficient thus far to draw Fjorgyn into this fight; his bolt goes wide of its target again, searing the cavern wall.

With the Implacable presenting its back to him, Everil springs for the construct's neck...

Edit: The Implacable ducks out of the way, leaving Everil to land alongside it, chomping at air and scratching dirt.

Vad, you're up!

Rolls

Everil bite vs Implacable - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Damage, if applicable - (1d8+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Everil claws vs Implacable - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Damage, if applicable - (2d4+2)

(34) + 2 = 9

Apr 19, 2016 4:49 pm
OOC:
Running low on spell slots and probably good to save a couple for healing so probably not much else I can do attack-wise. If people want to stay and fight I can try and assist somehow though.
Apr 19, 2016 4:59 pm
OOC:
Zangua's trying to delay it so you can get Zora out of there. He's down to 4/31 HP (hoped his Dodge might keep him alive) and plans to Disengage and flee when possible.
Apr 19, 2016 9:17 pm
Seeing some of the others starting to move and that most of the attacks seem to be ineffective, Vad will run after the others.
Apr 20, 2016 12:16 am
Seeing that most of you are opting to follow her into the tunnel, Zora turns and starts leading the way through, but that bad knee looks to be compromising her speed.

New round. Zangua, you're up.
Apr 20, 2016 8:43 am
I'm not sure how mechanics around injury work in D&D - if I used Cure Wounds on Zora would that sort out her knee?
Apr 20, 2016 3:40 pm
OOC:
Unsure of the rules here. Using two weapons, I get two attacks. Am I able to make one attack, and then Dash away from the Implacable?

I ask because the Mobile feat lets me avoid any opportunity attacks from a target after I make a melee attack upon it.
Apr 20, 2016 4:40 pm
Felor: she has what we call a "narratively-mandated injury," but yes CW should sort her out

Zangua: I'm just gonna make a spot ruling here and say sure, you can make one attack and Dash away
Apr 20, 2016 4:47 pm
Knowing full well that his weapons have no apparent effect on this construct, Zangua opts for a tactical withdrawal. He risks a glance over his shoulder to check on how far the others have gone, then feints forward with his club in a thrust.

He then pivots on his front foot to face the tunnel, and quicker than one might imagine Zangua dashes after the retreating group.
OOC:
With Dash, can move up to 80 feet. If that overtakes Zora et al, so be it and I'll be like Shaggy outrunning the Mystery Gang. Zoinks.

Rolls

Club attack vs Implacable, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d4+4)

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

1d4+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Apr 20, 2016 5:27 pm
Zangua hovers in place for a moment, making running motions in mid-air, before dashing past the rest of his companions, leaving a white puff of dust behind. He then runs past the same repeating background for several minutes...

Zangua whiffs at the Implacable and runs away, but the Implacable makes no move to pursue. Instead, it methodically deals with its remaining antagonists, swinging its catchpole at Shamush, then pivoting around with unnatural grace to bring the butt of the pole down on Everil's head.

Edit: Shamush lunges out of the way in time, but the pole lands solidly on Everil's badger skull.

Next up: Felor, Leth, Shamush, and Mordred!

Rolls

The Implacable's blade-end catchpole attack vs Shamush - (1d20+9)

(5) + 9 = 14

Damage, if applicable - (1d10+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

The Implacable's butt-end catchpole attack vs Everil - (1d20+9)

(7) + 9 = 16

Damage, if applicable - (1d6+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

load next

Thread locked