Chapter Three: The Last Dream of Mirza Horgul

load previous
Apr 30, 2016 1:09 am
Here's an idea: Those of us with magical attacks (me, Vad & Leth) hide while the rest continue on with Zora, that way we can get a surprise attack off from behind The Implacable and maybe continue guerrilla style attacks while he chases Zora.
Apr 30, 2016 2:25 am
"Honestly, I think it's best we flee as far as we can," says Zangua, holding his side with a wince. "That thing hits hard and fast, unless you've got some fancy trick up your sleeve to avoid that catchpole."
May 2, 2016 3:47 pm
This ground isn't really diggable. What's the plan: keep going, or lay an ambush?
May 2, 2016 3:55 pm
Well, Mordred is going to lay back and attempt to get behind The Implacable, if the terrain allows for that. If others want to do the same, we can make a group stealth check, so only half of us have to succeed.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

May 2, 2016 3:59 pm
Zangua huffs a quick breather, then turns to Zora. "Keep moving," he says, eager to go and willing to push her onward.
May 2, 2016 4:27 pm
Mordred finds some stalagmites to hide behind.

Anyone else going to lie in wait?
May 2, 2016 10:46 pm
Vad will attempt to hide back as well, looking for anyplace to try and conceal himself.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

May 3, 2016 8:43 am
His earlier efforts having drained his deity's goodwill for the time-being, Felor opts to continue with Zora to protect her from any more mundane threats further down the tunnels. He whispers "good luck" to those hiding themselves as he and Zangua hustle Zora further down the cavern.
May 3, 2016 3:26 pm
Shamush will also keep back for the ambush.
Last edited May 3, 2016 3:26 pm
May 3, 2016 3:46 pm
Felor uses Thaumaturgy to mimic the sounds of a full party's footsteps as they leave.
May 3, 2016 4:03 pm
Zora doesn't like this ambush plan, and stops walking. "Mordred. Vad. Do you think you're even going to slow that thing down? You saw what it can do. If it's followed us here already, that means...Everil..."

Meanwhile, the sounds of scraping and stomping are getting closer, louder.
May 3, 2016 4:22 pm
"I already like this girl," says Zangua, casting a glance over his shoulder. "Seriously, that thing's got serious hurt, and unlike most of us I don't think busting its kneecaps is going to slow it down."
May 3, 2016 4:38 pm
"Zora, it's called The Implacable for a reason. It's not going to stop and it looks like we are going to have to fight it sooner or later. At this point, I'll take any advantage we can get. Unless you have a better idea, at least an ambush gives us the element of surprise. Now go!"
May 3, 2016 5:09 pm
"What makes you think you have an advantage here?" asks Zangua. "Does it see with eyes, can it be surprised? Because it's not a man so who knows." With that final statement, Zangua turns and makes ready to leave.
May 3, 2016 5:10 pm
All of a sudden, the cavern is silent. The approaching sounds have stopped.
May 3, 2016 5:54 pm
Oh. Hmm. Something something too quiet.

Any other sounds/sights/smells? Can I hear it "idling"?
Last edited May 3, 2016 5:55 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 3, 2016 6:16 pm
TOO too quiet. Mordred can't hear anything at all.
May 3, 2016 11:23 pm
Anybody else got any checks to make or actions to take while this eerie silence settles over the cavern?
May 3, 2016 11:51 pm
Nope. I had though about have Vad put his ear to the ground, but I'm not sure he'd even know to do that, being a silly sorcerer and all...
May 3, 2016 11:55 pm
Zangua strains his senses to pick up the slightest hint of activity, but already he is planning to escape down the tunnels with Zora.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

load next

Thread locked