The Triad

load previous
Apr 15, 2020 2:42 pm
Erevain holds out a hand and furrows his brow in concentration, but Alalla's glaive doesn't appear. His eyes widen. "We left it in the Material Plane." He thinks for a moment. "But I should be able to cross back to Kuldahar and call it easily enough. Wait here."

He heads back along the branch away from Yggdrasil.
Apr 15, 2020 5:56 pm
Alalla sighs. "No, it's fine. I'm well enough armed," she grumbles, resting a hand on her sword. "We really have to get going and I worry about you not being able to make it back, or coming out somewhere else."
Apr 15, 2020 6:01 pm
Erevain nods and returns, ready to continue.
Apr 15, 2020 6:22 pm
"Jermsy had better not find that glaive..." Halla mutters. "Or better yet, maybe he will find it. Save me some trouble..." That line of thought trails off as the druid throws herself into spellcasting. A minute later, each member of the group becomes wind and mist.
[ +- ] Wind Walk
Halla leads the way upward and away from the branch. As they drift farther from their branch, the silvery void seems to press in closer and closer, obscuring the view of Yggdrasil.
OOC:
This part is tricky, but making an arcana check could give you some clues!
Apr 15, 2020 9:12 pm
Alalla stays as close to Halla- or what she thinks is Halla- as she can. Magic... she grumbles inwardly.
Last edited April 15, 2020 9:14 pm

Rolls

Arcana (lets pretend Al knows anything about magic) - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

Apr 16, 2020 12:48 am
He and his companions had done a bit of plane-hopping near the end of their battle against Belhifet, so he thought he'd prepare himself with at least some knowledge in case they had to do so again. With the help of Dok, Zenithral had spent some time studying the planes in Orrick's library. Drawing upon that knowledge now, Zenithral searches his memory for anything that could help the group here.
Last edited April 16, 2020 12:52 am

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+9)

(11) + 9 = 20

Apr 16, 2020 3:30 am
A passage comes to Zenithral's mind:

It is the space between everything.
It is the road that goes everywhere.
It is where you are when you aren't anywhere else.

The space between the Yggdrasil's branches is the Astral Plane - a dangerous place to go unprepared, and with great risk of becoming lost forever. If the group strays any farther from the World Ash, they might never find their way back again.
Apr 16, 2020 10:20 pm
"Halla!" Zenithral calls through the rushing wind. "I fear we venture too far from Yggdrasil! Let us travel along it's branches, lest we wander into unknown planes!"
Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm
Halla stops in the air, wispy head nodding, and the group heads back to closely follow Yggdrasil's branches. With tremendous speed they fly along the pathways, black-blue leaves a blur. At one point they come across some giant squirrel-people holding spears, but the strange creatures vanish into the leaves, chittering excitedly. The party even sees an entire town in a far-off crux of the Tree.

Following Halla's guidance, they fly for more than an hour before she stops them along a branch. Floating in the air above the branch is pattern of swirling colors. "This is the portal to Arborea!" she declares. "We need only pass through it."
Apr 16, 2020 11:10 pm
"This was much better than more walking and climbing," Zenithral remarks. "We might have dodged a hostile tribe too. I hate to assume, but you never know. At any rate, what are we waiting for?" Unless anyone objects, Zenithral heads for the portal.
Apr 16, 2020 11:14 pm
"Wait!" Alalla calls. "I don't believe these aren't guarded," she says, examining the portal. "Which reminds me, Zenithral. Let's talk later about an orcish unit to help Kuldahar's militia guard the portal to the Great Oak. Can you imagine if Belhifet had used the thing? We always did wonder how that awful Yugoloth got into town." She shakes her misty head. "In any case, be wary and ready."
Last edited April 16, 2020 11:17 pm
Apr 17, 2020 12:24 am
Aribeth instinctively reaches for her sword, but of course cannot feel the weapon. "If there is trouble of head, I will not be of much use like this."
Apr 17, 2020 12:28 am
"It is a powerful spell that our Archdruid has cast, and I imagine that it would last for much longer than we have used it. Do we end its effects early?" Fenthick's airy voice is admiring. "I doubt many priests could muster the energy to cast such a spell. I certainly could not!"
Apr 17, 2020 12:30 am
"I am no priest, priest. Nature provides all the power I could need." She glances at Zenithral. "Though, I do honor Sylvanus... But enough of that. Do we proceed with caution, or speed?"
Apr 17, 2020 12:42 am
Zenithral slows at Alalla's call. "Huh. I hadn't considered that," he replies in regards to guarding the portal.

"We can return to this form later without requiring an additional casting, if we wish," Zenithral informs Aribeth and Fenthick. "I say we trust Alalla's instinct and proceed with caution, at least until we pass through the portal. Let's find a safe place to revert...preferably closer to the portal if possible."
Apr 17, 2020 4:34 am
Alalla nods. "As you say." She approaches the portal cautiously, looking for a safe place for the group to change.
Apr 18, 2020 2:25 pm
When Alalla draws close to the portal it begins to shimmer. A moment later, three armored elves step through onto Yggdrasil's branch. The one in front looks up at the wispy adventurers in surprise. "Uh, who goes there?"
Apr 18, 2020 4:55 pm
"Hail!" Zenithral says, stepping forward. "I am Zenithral Melerelel. My companions and I seek passage into Arborea for an audience with the First of the Seldarine."

Rolls

Persuasion (Hey cousins! Just passin' through.) - (1d20+8)

(10) + 8 = 18

Apr 18, 2020 5:13 pm
Alalla gratefully retreats behind Zenithral and takes up an attentive, but non threatening stance.
Apr 18, 2020 6:20 pm
At Zenithral's first word the three elves throw themselves to the ground, hands held overhead protectively. As he goes on, they straighten up, confused. The lead elf turns to look at the others and stumbles slightly, then waves a hand in the party's direction. "Smell wet! Er, well met! This is Arborea. Welcome! Come in?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.