The Triad

load previous
Sep 29, 2020 6:21 am
"I am sorry you didn't get to try that bow."

Zenithral raises an eyebrow and gives Alalla a flat expression. "No you're not."

His expression then becomes disturbed at Fenthick's paralysis, shocked at Halla's screams, and terrified at the roar.

"Erevain!" With a wave of his hand, Halla's fallen staff flies to Zenithral, carried in a spectral hand. "Make or find us a place to hide! Alalla, help with Fenthick!"

He turns to Halla and sways from side to side, then leans forward, watching his wife's movements to see if she's following him. "Halla, dearest! I'm here!" he pleads calmly, hands stretched outwards nonthreateningly as he slowly approaches.
Last edited September 29, 2020 6:22 am

Rolls

Persuasion (You're okay! I'm okay! We're okay!) - (1d20+8)

(19) + 8 = 27

Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm
"No you're not."
Alalla snorts at Zenithral's flat expression. "I'm absolutely not sorry you didn't get to today but in general--" she cuts off at the screaming and the roars.

At Zenithral's order she picks up Fenthick and tosses him over her shoulder. "He'll be fine, Aribeth. We've seen his before. His mind is still recovering from this place." She prays that's what's happening. She takes a second to look Aribeth in the eye. "Are you focused?"
Last edited September 29, 2020 2:39 pm
Sep 29, 2020 3:52 pm
Aribeth takes a steadying breath as Alalla holds her gaze. "Yes... Yes." She looks around for the source of the roars, hands on sword hilts, but can't seem to discern their direction. "This place distorts reality, like a festering wound in the cosmos. How can a monster be so large and sound so close, but we are unable to see it?"
Sep 29, 2020 3:55 pm
Meanwhile, Erevain has pulled rope from his pack and cast a spell. The rope stands straight up in the air, some ten feet. "Up, quickly!" It is odd to see the familiar concern on his face through the drow features.
Sep 29, 2020 4:03 pm
The party responds quickly to Zenithral's orders. All but Halla. In spite of his soothing words, the woman does not cease her screams. When he draws close, she lashes out with a fist. He easily ducks away from the swing, but Halla's eyes begin to glow yellow and her screams are laced with bestial growls.

Rolls

Halla vs Zen - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Sep 29, 2020 4:23 pm
Zenithral wanted to panic. It was an odd sensation. It was as if he'd be more comfortable in the realm if he abandoned any semblance of control. Ironically, he realized, that wasn't much different from Arvandor.

He tried to ignore how Halla looked at him, bestial and unthinking...frightened.

As Fluphy retreats into the extra dimensional space, Zenithral takes a deep breath and breaths out light in a soothing wave of divinity. (Zenithral casts calm emotions.)
Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm
Alalla is more comfortable here. The urge to give up control and embrace the violence and chaos is strong, but familiar. She knows how to deal with this threat.

Al quickly scales the rope, then drops the unmoving Fenthick to the side. She lays on her stomach to the side of the entrance, allowing others to pass but watching in case she needs to drop down and help Zenithral fend off his wife.
Sep 29, 2020 6:33 pm
With Zenithral's spell soothing her fears, Halla's eyes roll up into the back of her head and she sags in his arms. It doesn't look as though she'll be able to climb the rope on her own.

The roar sounds again, closer this time. The ground begins to shake with the pounding of great feet.
Sep 29, 2020 7:11 pm
Zenithral drags Halla over to the rope and quickly ties it under her arms, then hangs on.

"Pull us up!" Zenithral shouts frantically.
Sep 29, 2020 7:33 pm
Al seizes the rope and hauls the two up as quickly as she can.

Rolls

Athletics (Muscles, coming up) - (1d20+11)

(7) + 11 = 18

Sep 29, 2020 10:50 pm
With Alalla's help, the last two companions make it into the extradimensional space. No more than a few moments pass than a pair of monstrous hooved feet pound into view. The legs extend upwards, out of view of the rope trick's window. Whatever this demon is, it is enormous.

A wet snuffling sounds from the creature, and the feet stomp in a surprisingly quick circle. Its legs tremble with rage, and then it unleashes that awful roar. It sniffs once more, then its feet leave view of the window as it thumps away.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Sep 29, 2020 10:54 pm
Erevain carefully puts his ear to the window, then pulls a small mirror out of his pack, which he uses to check the surroundings. He holds up his hand for a minute to make sure the others wait... and then he relaxes. "I think it is gone. What now?"
Sep 30, 2020 4:17 am
"Corellon said we need to need to find...Lolth. In the Demonweb Pits..." Zenithral says uncertainly, holding Halla and stroking her hair. "I believe I can access some semblance of guidance from Ilmater to find a general direction we can start searching...but otherwise I have no clue. Halla may be able to commune with the surroundings to discern more information, but I'm not sure if she's prepared to do so. What powers of divination can you and Fenthick access?" he asks Aribeth.
Oct 1, 2020 12:11 am
Aribeth looks down at Fenthick. "Not much, I'm afraid. And less now with Fenthick in this condition." She shakes her head. "In truth, we usually depended on a wizard for such things."
Oct 1, 2020 12:17 am
Erevain speaks up suddenly from his place by the window. "Someone comes! It looks like one... no, two drow wom-"
Oct 1, 2020 12:19 am
The companions suddenly find themselves falling yet again - ten feet to the ground as their refuge suddenly dissipates into nothing.

Everyone take 6 fall damage and knocked prone.

"Stay where you are and answer our questions," a satin voice calls out in a strange accent of Elvish. Two drow women stand nearby in gowns of spider silk. "Why seek ye death in Lolth's domain?"

Rolls

Fall damage - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Oct 1, 2020 1:12 am
"Gahh!" Zenithral wraps his arms around Halla as they fall and strike the ground. He groans, helps her sit up, then stands slowly, hands raised in peace.

"We seek an audience with the Spider Queen." he says in Elvish. "We seek to obtain an item of value, one that she either has or knows of."

HP: 112/118
Last edited October 1, 2020 1:14 am

Rolls

Persuasion (We come in peace!) - (1d20+8)

(10) + 8 = 18

Advantage - (1d20+8)

(6) + 8 = 14

Oct 1, 2020 1:49 am
Erevain gets to his knees and bows deeply before the two women. "Great priestesses, please heed my companion's words." His imitation of their accent is remarkably well done.

Helping Zenithral!
Oct 1, 2020 4:44 am
The speaker steps forward to meet Zenithral and Erevain. She listens with an impassive face, as deadly as she is beautiful.

There is a silence of several heartbeats before she answers. She drops to one knee in front of Erevain and caresses his face with a long-nailed finger. "Do ye so badly wish to be one of our slaves that you dress yourself as one? Wael!" Quick as a viper, she seizes his hair close to the scalp and speaks a nefarious spell.

Rolls

Erevain wis save - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

Oct 1, 2020 4:55 am
Erevain grits his teeth, but doesn't let a groan escape his lips. His features return to normal. He maintains eye contact with the drow woman to prove her magic has no effect on him, and then reaches up to slap her hand away. The elf straightens. "She is no priestess. She is a demon. A Handmaiden of Lolth. A yochlol."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.