Best of Gamers' Plane!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 1, 2016 10:46 am
AKA: Bragging thread.

I'm running a game of MAID RPG involving a Canadian maple syrup smuggled who runs hotels and hosts illegal rock-paper-scissors tournaments. The players are maids that are supposed to tend to their boss's needs. Everything is based on random tables, and anything from a zombie attack to cliche anime romance scenes can happen.

I just wanna say that my players are amazing, they are a bunch of artists - really. It's fun just seeing what stupid/funny things we can come up with. No maids vs zombies yet, but we might get there.

Link to the session thread.

Anyone else got good content they want to brag about?

//Handle
Mar 9, 2016 8:49 am
darthoingoboingo says:
For the love of god, start the game! this is like the roleplaying equivalent of uncontrollable salivating before the food comes out!
So, Falryx's Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game has gotten off to a good start. The players worked together to make a solid backstory with 12 pages of character creation, and their character's personalities really shine through. Even before the game started, the players had about a page long discussion in-character about their sleeping arrangements!

Check out their banter here.

I don't really know a lot about Star Wars, but farting on a spaceship seems like a horrible idea. Won't everyone have to continously breath in the same recycled air until they get to the next planet? #StarshipProblems

//Handle
Last edited March 9, 2016 8:52 am
Mar 23, 2016 8:13 pm
I'm bumping this thread, purely because I have to brag on one of my players.

DJForeclosure, you've really impressed me with your character concept in "Trouble in Paradise". The backstory that you've worked up so far has been phenomenal, and we haven't even started playing yet. I can't wait to see what you do with your summoner.

11 of 10, would game with again.
Mar 23, 2016 8:15 pm
irvanovich says:

DJForeclosure, you've really impressed me with your character concept in "Trouble in Paradise". The backstory that you've worked up so far has been phenomenal, and we haven't even started playing yet. I can't wait to see what you do with your summoner.

Agreed, the concept is fantastic!
Mar 23, 2016 11:35 pm
The biggest obstacle this group of adventurers faced? A stuck door...
Mar 24, 2016 1:59 am
I would say King of Fall is going goood. Just had a break but should be ready to start again soon. Our group played off of each other in the beginning so it took awhile for the Dm to say anything since the scene was so amusing.

King of Fall
Last edited March 24, 2016 11:53 am
Mar 24, 2016 2:21 am
Naatkinson says:
irvanovich says:

Agreed, the concept is fantastic!
Awww... you guys.
Mar 24, 2016 12:16 pm
Kjmagle says:
I would say King of Fall is going goood. Just had a break but should be ready to start again soon. Our group played off of each other in the beginning so it took awhile for the Dm to say anything since the scene was so amusing.

King of Fall
Yep, I'm in this game, and it's fantastic. In fact, I'm in six games at the moment, and while all the others are really good, this one is the best. All of the players are excellent at roleplaying, and the characters are well developed and super interesting. @DMKiado has really created a great story and is keeping us on our toes. Two thumbs up.
Mar 24, 2016 6:48 pm
handle says:
darthoingoboingo says:
For the love of god, start the game! this is like the roleplaying equivalent of uncontrollable salivating before the food comes out!
So, Falryx's Star Wars: Edge of the Empire game has gotten off to a good start. The players worked together to make a solid backstory with 12 pages of character creation, and their character's personalities really shine through. Even before the game started, the players had about a page long discussion in-character about their sleeping arrangements!

I don't really know a lot about Star Wars, but farting on a spaceship seems like a horrible idea. Won't everyone have to continously breath in the same recycled air until they get to the next planet? #StarshipProblems

//Handle
this game is already so much fun! we haven't really gotten to the meat of the plot yet but the banter is already hilarious.
Mar 24, 2016 7:04 pm
darthoingoboingo says:
handle says:
darthoingoboingo says:

//Handle
this game is already so much fun! we haven't really gotten to the meat of the plot yet but the banter is already hilarious.
Agree with that also. Every game i have been in has been great.

I would also say our started game is hilarious Whisper Base
Dec 16, 2016 3:04 am
I'm not the DM of this game so I should really let him brag, but The Orc Wars is the most amazing game I have ever been in. Characters are fabulously complex and deep, the story keeps us all on the edges of our seats, and we have rolled a collective total of about 15 natural 20s, leading to some pretty awesome feats of strength, etc.
Besides that, the game averages about 20 posts a day, making for an incredibly fast-moving game!
DM_Apexwolf, you're a fabulous DM. Dramasailor, HypCo, McDunno, mcniels5, you guys are amazing.
Dec 16, 2016 4:17 am
I just want to say this is the best idea I have ever seen on a pbp site, and have never seen it before!
Dec 16, 2016 4:31 am
@Couch, you've been no slouch in adding to the epicness that is Orc Wars. I have to second that statement. The pace and depth of story have been phenomenal. Some truly amazing cinematic moments, both with critical successes and critical failures. DM_Apexwolf has done a marvelous job keeping information flow that should be secret just that. Players have built wonderful characters with great stories.
Dec 16, 2016 4:33 am
As a second mention: GazTheDM. In our Eberron game (Thanks JoshuaMabry!) he is playing one of the more inventive characters I've seen. Granted, many of the characters in that game are inventive, but his warforged skinned as a statue come to life with no memory other than purpose has been hugely entertaining.
Dec 16, 2016 7:23 am
Dramasailor says:
As a second mention: GazTheDM. In our Eberron game (Thanks JoshuaMabry!) he is playing one of the more inventive characters I've seen. Granted, many of the characters in that game are inventive, but his warforged skinned as a statue come to life with no memory other than purpose has been hugely entertaining.
aaaaawh you are making me blush ^^ and since we are boasting i will boast about our DM JoshuaMabry, his way of dming, descriptive tekst and way he interacts with our whackyness and creative ness is worth a boast and mention
Jan 30, 2017 11:58 pm
I know it has been a while but thank Drama and Couch for the kind words. I like writing stories for other to play around and screw with. I have always found the idea of jumping into a world and making it your own to be fascinating.
Sep 12, 2017 3:28 pm
I just want to shout out to thedandyman for this post: LINK

As well as JoHoover's post, which is a follow-up from a lifelong friend: LINK

The first one had all of us choked up, and the second one caps it off very nicely
Sep 23, 2017 11:19 pm
Naatkinson says:
I just want to shout out to thedandyman for this post: LINK

As well as JoHoover's post, which is a follow-up from a lifelong friend: LINK

The first one had all of us choked up, and the second one caps it off very nicely
I second the shout out here. Some of the best role-playing I've ever witnessed.
Sep 24, 2017 2:37 am
Those links posted by Naatkinson are very good.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.