Hello one and all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 1, 2016 7:55 pm
Hi (future) friends!

I'm Sam / DJForeclosure, and I recently signed on to Gamer's Plane after hearing about it on Talking Tabletop (pretty sure that was the one... I listen to a lot of podcasts). I'm the forever-GM in my area (no matter what area I find myself in), so I decided to go online to find a community to play with and then (maybe someday) for which to run some games.

I got into tabletops relatively recently after a childhood of reading the AD&D and 3.0-era manuals obsessively. My friends and I decided to play a homebrew Pokemon tabletop and ran it for 5 years as we all learned how much we LURVED the tabletop (we're finally rolling characters for a new campaign in the same system). More recently I picked up 5e and started homebrewing a world in which to play. Now I run ~3 games a week and try to read about more systems all the time (I'm really intrigued by Numenera, EotE, and Polaris, to name a few).

I'm a big video game player (currently Darkest Dungeon, Persona 4 Vita (again), and "playing" Neko Atsume), a software developer (currently working on a 5e monster creation web tool), and a big fan of podcasts (including Talking Tabletop, Critical Hit, and The Adventure Zone!).

Can't wait to plane shift into the Gamers' Plane!

Places to find me:
Blog (Lots of Tabletop Thoughts)
Twitch (including episodes of a streamed 5e game)
Github (for programming and occasional campaign tracking)
... And then the Twitter is on my profile etc. etc.
Last edited March 1, 2016 7:57 pm
Mar 1, 2016 8:11 pm
Welcom and enjoy what ever game you get into or gm.
Mar 1, 2016 8:13 pm
Welcome DJForeclosure! Talking Tabletop was among the latest I've been on, so probably right. That was the one where we talked about handling social/mental issues with RPGs.

Any system you're particularly looking forward to trying? 5e or another one?
Mar 1, 2016 8:50 pm
Welcome I know Foolsmask is trying to get a Hero Setting game in the Cipher system going which is basically Numenera mechanically but a different setting.
Mar 1, 2016 9:00 pm
Keleth says:
Welcome DJForeclosure! Talking Tabletop was among the latest I've been on, so probably right. That was the one where we talked about handling social/mental issues with RPGs.

Any system you're particularly looking forward to trying? 5e or another one?
I'm certainly most comfortable with 5e, so I'll start there for sure.

The Talking Tabletop interview was a lot of fun. Thanks for the entertaining listen!
Mar 1, 2016 10:10 pm
Heya and welcome, DJForeclosure!
Mar 2, 2016 7:39 am
Welcome! Now I'm curious about Polaris.
Mar 2, 2016 8:19 am
welcome! anyone who likes the adventure zone is ok in my book
Mar 2, 2016 3:52 pm
Hello and welcome.
Mar 3, 2016 6:14 pm
welcome!
Mar 5, 2016 5:23 am
spaceseeker19 says:
Its handbook is a genuinely beautiful read. A very interesting GMless system about a dying world.
darthoingoboingo says:
Garryl 4 lyfe
Last edited March 5, 2016 5:24 am
Mar 19, 2016 1:23 am
DJForeclosure says:
spaceseeker19 says:
Its handbook is a genuinely beautiful read. A very interesting GMless system about a dying world.
darthoingoboingo says:
Garryl 4 lyfe
Polaris is one of the games I wanted to try as well, it's really poetic.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.