Mythic Pathfinder

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 30, 2020 12:47 am
So I have slowly been working on a project that is set in the standard pathfinder setting Golarion. It's not finished yet, but I feel I have a decent amount of plot sorted, and it is meant to be kind of sandboxy.

The quick summary? Each pc is the child, or descendent of a deity. This means the mythic rules are going to be get involved. For those who don't know about mythic it is a brilliantly crafted well balanced ruleset that lets your characters be even more powerful... just kidding its a broken but enjoyable mess. Its an addition rule set for pathfinder that is meant to make them feel more powerful, and the rule set used to start up gods and demigods when it's needed. Because it's fairly unbalanced I will be trying to focus on puzzles, story and interaction, though what fights there will be will hopefully be fun, and not devolve to rocket tag.

There is also going to likely to be kingdom rules around, unless everyone runs far away from them, as I am re purposing the stolenlands for story purposes. It was going to start level one, but it has been pointed out 3 or 5 would be better.

So, anyone else interested in diving into a hellhole of a ruleset. (It is fun, I promise)
Last edited April 30, 2020 4:28 am
Apr 30, 2020 1:54 am
I just finished a mythic campaign with my regular group, and it was pretty fun. I doubt you'll have trouble filling your game, but if you need one more to round it out, I'd be interested. However, I'm already in a lot of games, so please keep me down lower on the priority list. :)
Apr 30, 2020 4:20 am
Interested.... Where could I find these mystic rules? He says looking into the rule hellhole before jumping in
Apr 30, 2020 6:21 am
Interested in yet another PF game! I'm not thoroughly versed on the Mythic system, but I'm willing to do homework.
Apr 30, 2020 4:15 pm
its these rules, right?
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/alternative-rule-systems/mythic/
I think it could be fun. I'm game
Apr 30, 2020 6:02 pm
I would be interested yes.
May 1, 2020 2:55 am
It's an additional rule set on pathfinder and can be found here. The site also has the possible deities char;s can be related to. (I hope the link is okay, it's the official site endorsed by the publishers.) Characters may or may not know of their parentage, but start out non mythic.

Good to see a little interest. I might throw a closed forum up and slowly work on it, and then pop here when it's ready for people to apply. (And invite those who have shown interest. (Need to get skull's properly up an going as well. Just the thought stuck in my head.

Would people be more interested in starting lv3 or lv5?

Edit: Missed your second post rune, yep those are also the ones. My one comment on that site is that with the mythic feats, some of them are 3rd party. (Though I just checked back now, and looks like they've finally separated them.
Last edited May 1, 2020 2:58 am
May 1, 2020 3:34 am
For starting level, I'm cool with either. Related, would we be starting at above 1st Mythic Tier?
May 1, 2020 3:36 am
You would be getting 1st mythic tier shortly after the start of the story. Your character's will have started making a name for themselves, but won;t necessarily know of their heritage or be incredibly powerful yet.
May 1, 2020 2:06 pm
I am interested as well if you have any space left. I had a tiny brush with the Mythic rules in PFS, but my character really hadn't been designed to do them justice (being a hybrid character).
May 2, 2020 12:56 am
Forum up, and now open. Will try and get around to invites, though nets being slow, so feel free to apply
May 2, 2020 7:51 am
I'd be interested in giving this a go, haven't really played around with Mythic. I like your concept as well, and have some interesting ideas to explore it.
May 2, 2020 10:39 am
Hi! I hope it's not too late to join/express my interest too!

I've been playing PbP Pathfinder games for well over a decade over on different sites (mostly RPOL), and I just learned about the existence of Gamers Pane. When I saw your game advertisement, I registered immediately :)
May 2, 2020 7:52 pm
Good to see more interest, unfortunately currently only one slot left. As Chunky posted first currently gong to Chunky, however Carakav, if someone else drops out you're next in line. And if there's more interest I may do what others have start doing a keep a possible list for a second run through.
Last edited May 2, 2020 7:53 pm
May 2, 2020 9:27 pm
Does Gamers Plane have functionality for adding me as a lurker? I wouldn't mind just watching how things play out. If only to get an idea of how things are done on this site.
May 2, 2020 10:08 pm
The GM can make the game "public" and provide you with the link to the game forums. That would allow you to read along.
May 3, 2020 10:07 pm
I would love to join this, if you ever need another player. :)
May 5, 2020 5:16 am
I'll keep you in mind Paladin.

For now Carakav what I've actually done is accept the application, so that way you should be able to see the forums and spectate.

There is a list of public games somewhere, which may be less octane fueled.

Edit: Found it
Last edited May 5, 2020 5:18 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.