[INTEREST CHECK]: GMless cyberthing anyone?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 30, 2020 10:46 am
So, me (again!) and bowlofspinach continue to pair up in search of a truly GMless game (mostly me, bowl is just having fun).
The idea is to try going for a futuristic game (most likely cyberpunk) and so I wanted to start checking if there would be any interest on GP to try something like that. We'd be looking for players that would like a shot at GMing or GMs that miss having their hands on a PC, basically players that are comfortable driving the story forward. "Magic" is allowed, so if you'd be more comfortable with fantasy settings, we can work out how to convert your ideas to sci-fi.

The starting point is that the characters are running away as refugees. Regardless of their previous backgrounds, they will all be **pretty** low level (they are the low life with low tech!)
I'm putting up some rules together based on basically all the stuff I've been playtesting so far... You can imagine an RPG with "mini-games" for the setting ;) Just to be clear, though these rules have seen some use, this is a playtest so, as per definition, it will likely be unbalanced and broken.
[ +- ] Overview
Last edited April 30, 2020 10:57 am
Apr 30, 2020 10:53 am
That sounds like anarchy!
So, yeah, please consider me for inclusion.
Apr 30, 2020 12:58 pm
I am very into shadowrun right now, and I would like to see GMless games to work

on my second Shadowrun audiobook
[ +- ] audiobooks
May 1, 2020 8:43 am
Right! That's about enough interest already :D

I'm just writing the rules, which may take another week or so. I'll bump this once again during the weekend in case other people are interested, but it seems this is going forward :D

CESN sent a note to Adam,runekyndig,bowlofspinach
Last edited May 1, 2020 8:45 am
May 2, 2020 2:54 pm
OOC:
weekend bump!
Anyone else interested in trying this out?
There will be world building, NPCs actually doing stuff in the background and the usual party going about saving the world all in one :D
May 5, 2020 9:47 pm
I've wanted to play a game in a sci-fi setting for a while now, so if you've not already started a GMless game sounds like it could be a lot of fun (and good practice for when I finally get around to GMing).
Last edited May 5, 2020 9:49 pm
May 6, 2020 8:21 am
Hi Sphere! yes it is still open as I'm a bit busy and it took a bit longer to write the rules :D
May 11, 2020 9:40 pm
Hey guys! Anyone else wants to try? I'm almost done setting up and there would be place for another player.

We'll start with a short scenario to be played more traditionally and progressively "open up the rules", so players won't start immediately playing refugees but will have the opportunity to test the rules slowly, being as much GM as they wish to :D
May 12, 2020 3:44 pm
... forgot to add the link. Maybe, just that could useful :D
May 20, 2020 11:28 am
alright, we started this. We're 3 posts in. Last call anyone? :D
May 21, 2020 8:37 pm
I'd like to join? this sounds like fun. IF you're still accepting people that is?
May 22, 2020 1:30 pm
Hi Vampire panda! Sure, we're just getting started so a new PC can fit easily.
Welcome to the site by the way :D

You do not have permission to post in this thread.