Mission 2(The Summons)

Apr 30, 2020 12:13 pm
OOC:
Btw, Ash is counted as a spell caster.
"Hmm? I thought that your twin has the ability to control lethal shadows? I feel that would be magical enough. Anyways, as for the area, it is called The Forest of Flames. On certain seasons, the forest can catch fire due to high temperatures. There is also the matter of the region being considered close to the Realm of Fire. I don't actually believe in the Elemental Realms, but some scholars do.

Anyways, The Kingdom of Barovia has made its home within this Eastern region, due to how tough and foolhardy their ancestors were. Their culture used to have painful rituals using fire and combat. Of course, they later grew more civilised and became military-centric and offer their honourable service to Dendemun, the ruling kingdom of the Continent. But alas, the civilisation-ending war probably erased all that history away...

Here's a fun fact to ignore that depressing thought. The reason why the trees here have white bark is because of both the ashes of the past burnt trees, and that the species likely evolved to develope this colour as white reflects the most light and heat..."
OOC:
You each gain 1xp for listening to the bits of lore.
Apr 30, 2020 12:24 pm
"We're going to visit a dragon in the realm of spontaneous forest fires. That's just great, Ash! Get it? Ash?"

Gabrien laughs grimly, and says to Reeve, "We better not let him carry all the food."
Apr 30, 2020 12:28 pm
[ +- ] What Reeve saw
Dr Matvox continues. "It seems rather odd of why a dragon would use this Tearstone Statue to ask humans to visit it. I'll try to search my memory of dragons..."
Apr 30, 2020 3:24 pm
Reeve occasionally nods absentmindedly to both the researcher ranting and Gabrien's banter as he keep a watchful eye.

"I see possible signs of monsters in that tree over there *point at red leaves in a tree in front* get ready."
Last edited April 30, 2020 3:26 pm
May 1, 2020 8:51 am
As the party takes note of the tree, the clump of leaves begins to shake and spread out. It now can be seen that a gathering of bat-like monsters are huddled together upside down. One by one they begin to screech.

"Ah! A family of Treewings! Watch out!" The researcher warns as he ducks down.
OOC:
Roll for Initiative/speed. I can allow for just 1 person to roll if they roll good enough.
May 1, 2020 12:01 pm
Gabrien brings his bow to bear.

Rolls

Trained in Initiative Actions - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 1, 2020 12:02 pm
OOC:
Rolls

Update vat bros in sync... XD
Last edited May 1, 2020 12:03 pm

Rolls

init - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 1, 2020 8:10 pm
OOC:
If we choose one, we should go with the one trained in init

Rolls

Init - (1D20)

(7) = 7

May 3, 2020 9:08 am
OOC:
Alright. The party gets to go first.
The small winged monsters are in short distance away and are above you.
May 3, 2020 12:08 pm
Gabrien steps in front of the researcher and releases an arrow at the Treewings.

Rolls

Bow attack, 4 damage - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 3, 2020 12:15 pm
Reeve will put himself in front of the group with his talwar and will swing the first creature that comes down( if they do)

Rolls

Heavy bladed damage 7 - (1d20)

(17) = 17

May 4, 2020 6:49 am
Gabrien shot down one of the Treewings, 3 are left. Reeve readies his weapon to attack.
OOC:
Left is Ash before the enemy's turn.
[ +- ] How the forest looks like
May 4, 2020 12:19 pm
OOC:
My apologies, assuming their within short distance of each other and also long range at the max from me considering.
Ash scans the area after the warning and watches his companions move to intercept. Focusing a small shadow darts from Ash's feet out rapidly moving before appearing in the air between two of the treewings. A black electric like arc writhes out darting toward their target.

Rolls

Plasma Arc Target 1 - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Plasma Arc Target 1 - (1d20)

(8) = 8

May 5, 2020 6:50 am
Two Treewings are short distance from each other, as they were on different trees. Unfortunately, the creatures are able to swoop away around the arc as it forms.

The Treewings descended down to the group in a swinging fashion. Reeve timed his attack well as his talwar cleaves one cleanly as it comes in reach. They continue to circle around the group. From up close, the Treewings look like having skinny, brown-coloured, insect-like bodies.

Dr Matvox picks up his courage, and attempts to swing his dagger at one of them. However, they were too fast for him.
OOC:
It's the party's turn.
May 5, 2020 7:47 am
Reeve stay close to the doctor to cover him and attack the nearest Treewing with his talwar.

Rolls

Heavy bladed damage 7 - (1d20)

(2) = 2

May 5, 2020 11:55 am
Are they assessing before they converge... Ash wonders to himself.

Dismissing the thought he concentrates on whittling down their numbers.

Rolls

Excemption w/effort to hit - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 5, 2020 1:07 pm
Gabrien draws and releases another arrow, leading his target is it arcs above them.

Rolls

Bow attack, 4 damage - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 6, 2020 7:56 am
Reeve misses with his strike, but Ash and Gabrien both were able to take down one each. There were still a few smaller Treewings that are were part of the group. Instead of attacking, they flew away, and into the trees. From then, everything seems quiet.

The researcher relaxes a little and carefully examines a slain Treewing on the ground. "It seems that the adults are all killed. The remaining ones are now hiding in the nests they made in the trees. You can destroy the nests to control the monster population here, while I do some quick field study of these specimens." He starts taking out tubes filled with liquid from his bag as he gathered the carcasses.
OOC:
You can choose to check out the nest, and decide to destroy it or not.
May 6, 2020 12:02 pm
"A messy nest?" Gabrien examines the trees to see if they're even climbable.

"How about you two climb and I'll keep which with the bow."
May 6, 2020 1:11 pm
You see a hollowed-out opening on the tree where the Treewings escape to. Climbing to it would be Difficult, as the trees are fairly smooth and have no low branches.
OOC:
Make a Speed roll to shimmy up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.