Mission 2(The Summons)

load previous
May 12, 2020 9:30 pm
Reeve thanks the researcher and gulp down the content of the pouch in one go. He make a mmm at the taste, give back the pouch and address the group : "We have quite a bit of road to cover still, are you ready to go?"
May 13, 2020 7:10 am
OOC:
I'll assume so. Btw, you are counted as having taken your 1st recovery. Make a recovery roll with +1.
The researcher packs up his belongings and continues on the march. "Yeah, we should get going. I heard that dragons are the primal guardians of the world. Unlike regular monsters, they can't evolve themselves. Also, the myth about them is that they don't trick humans to eat them. However, they do manipulate people to serve them and destroy people if they are unhappy. Anyways, I hope that the journey is worth it..."
May 13, 2020 7:38 am
As the party travels along, Dr Matvox explains his findings. "Well, Treewings were originally brown coloured and had green leaf-like wings. They came from the forests far in the south. From what I see, is that they have spread themselves further to the east, and have adapted themselves to the environment, though not as perfectly.

They are considered to be a baser monster, which is to say, they are animal-like in their survival. Some monsters have adapted human speech, and are capable of forming cunning attack strategies. These Treewings mainly hide in treetops and attempt ambushes. They live in groups, as individually they are rather frail. They spread out to build more nests by scraping the trunks of trees when their population grows big enough, or when they are hunted by humans.

Their bodies are chitinous, and have 4 legs. The front legs are long and where the wings are attached to. They are capable of hanging upside down and take the appearance of leaves when they are still. Unfortunately for them, the leaf formations of the Flame Forest is not like the ones in the Evergreen Forest. They can be spotted easier here. And as for their heads, they have pinchers that could leave small bite marks. What we faced can be considered as a tiny swarm, and a huge one has the potential to wipe out a village."
As he speaks he also keeps an eye along the way.
OOC:
You gain 3xp from this knowledge. Out of equality, you could have it that each gets 1xp.
May 13, 2020 8:46 am
OOC:
I'd much prefer not waste the first recovery since i only used 1 point in all the pools. It seemed fitting for pure roleplay purpose to have Reeve act like that in a world where monster meat is known to get wasted very fast.
May 13, 2020 9:29 am
OOC:
Alright, that is also an option. Reeve have not used a recovery, and 2 meals are left. Let me know when you want to move on to the next scene. Otherwise, I'll move the scene the next day. I'll allow for slight past scene actions, if it doesn't break the continuity too much.
May 13, 2020 12:04 pm
"Thanks for the intel." Ash states flatly mostly scanning the area around them.
May 13, 2020 12:05 pm
OOC:
I don't think there is any reason to not divide that 3xp three ways, since we all learned it.
"Some can talk, you say? That's monstrous!" He claps Reeve on the shoulder. "How was that going down? It smelled disgusting."
May 13, 2020 8:09 pm
OOC:
I'm ready for the next scene
"Many monsters seem to imitate human speech at least, not sure how much they can actually understand though."

"It taste quite disgusting too actually, but a meal's a meal. When you are on the road as much as I am, you learn to make due with what you can."
May 14, 2020 6:49 am
The journey through the forest went on without any other interesting encounters. Eventually, the party reach the edge of it, which slopes up a hill and down into a valley. As they travel on the lifeless ground of the valley, they came across a damaged wagon with the remains of human and horse skeletons nearby. By now, it has been 2 hours since the party left the village camp.
May 14, 2020 12:12 pm
Gabrien points. "Wagon. Bones. Hey Ash, did you hear if the village lost a wagon a month or two back, maybe longer?"

The age of the wreckage doesn't alarm him, but he still makes sure his bow is ready. Could be more dire squirrels hiding under the wagon.
May 14, 2020 2:04 pm
Ash attempts to figure out what was the cause of the deaths and wagon destruction and if there are any supplies left to help piece together what happened, "Standby, need to confirm cause of death by execution, natural causes, or disease." Ash states pulling his muffler up over his face and getting closer his long dagger out.
OOC:
Unsure what you'd want to have rolled skill wise but forensics I guess in current day terms or perception maybe?
May 14, 2020 10:21 pm
Reeve stays watchful while Ash investigate.
May 15, 2020 8:28 am
OOC:
Yeah, you can roll for it as Intellect/Perception/investigation.
The researcher stands back from the remains. He tilts his head at it, cautiously wondering what it is.
May 15, 2020 11:22 am
OOC:
Rolls

Rolls

Int based check w/ effort - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 16, 2020 8:35 am
Ash's ability to see study the wreckage is formidable. He can tell that this wagon group has been torched by a dragon. The wagon contains a strange artefact that has the same aura as the magical equipment you carry. (Roll intellect if you want to study it yourself.) The people were from the city of Dendemun, due to the stylistic designs of the wagon. You also find an untouched small chest containing 200 coins.

You manage to spot other human skeletons further along that looks as if they are ripped apart. A few splintered arrows are scattered around the area. Clawed tracks are also found on the dirt, leading westwards. Your destination is to the south west.
May 17, 2020 10:22 pm
Reeve will investigate the strange artefact.

Rolls

Intellect (trained Dragon lore) - (1d20)

(8) = 8

May 18, 2020 8:40 am
Reeve attempts to study the item. Apparently it is fairly easy to identify it as one of the strange items that does not come from this world. It takes the form of a potion bottle containing red liquid. It has the image of Rulosis' head, the dragon god, as the cap.
[ +- ] Effect of cypher
OOC:
Will you guys continue south-west to the dragon, or follow the tracks to the south?

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

May 18, 2020 12:10 pm
"What ever disagreement they had with a dragon, they're not going to tell us. The city folk may not know, unless it's an ongoing problem. I say we continue to the dragon. We can deal with telling the people of Dendemun later. There may be a reward for information on their missing wagon."
May 18, 2020 1:46 pm
The researcher gets closer to the charred wagon and takes look at the potion. "I recall that the worship of Rulosis originated in Dendemun. There was a legend about how a giant white dragon came down from the heavens and breathed life throughout the land, creating monsters, humans and animals. The dragon calls himself Rulosis, the ancient word for The Ruler. He told both the humans and monsters that they are equally powerful, and designed to be in perpetual war against each other in order to balance the world. The people of Dendemun has thusly made this legend into a widespread religion today. They believe that Rulosis will one day return, and aid humanity to dominate over the monsters so that humanity will be the righteous masters of the world. However, fate have decided to crush that dream. Anyways, I personally don't believe in Rulosis. After all, dragons have been known to consider themselves like a god."
OOC:
For reading this lore, you gain 1xp each.
May 19, 2020 1:47 am
"Well, if Rulosis is to return, he better do it soon hahaha! All I know is that dragons are not gods as long as they can fall to the sword."

"I agree with Gabrien, while dragon hunting is usually a worthy endeavor, I feel our current quest as the potential to be much more important. If we stop to take care of every little monster along the way, we'll never reach out destination."

Reeve store the cypher in a pouch on his belt and get ready to move again.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.