Happy quarantine to you all

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 1, 2020 6:48 pm
Hello! Happy quarantine days to all!

I've been seeking out places to try some different tabletop things, so I'll patiently sit and watch for things that grab me here.

Presently, I'm a fan of the modern & futurist stuff out of Free League (Tales from the Loop, Things from the Flood, ALIEN, Coriolis, etc.) I think it strikes a happy medium between crunch and more free-form narrative games.

If push comes to shove, I'll run an ALIEN scenario or a Season of "Loop" or "Flood".
May 1, 2020 6:54 pm
Hello. Wasn’t there a zombie movie called "28 days later"? It turns out 28 days was optimistic (I’m in the UK).
May 1, 2020 7:06 pm
Yes, 28 days will be very optimistic. Here is Californication, we're looking at another 28 days at a minimum.

It's going to be very strange going back to the real world. Since I take public transportation, I expect to look like a bank robber most days, with a bandana over my face.

It'll be interesting to see the regular faces on my normal morning train again at some uncertain point in the future (assuming they survived the pandemic, anyway).
May 1, 2020 7:09 pm
Welcome buffalo7
May 1, 2020 7:44 pm
Welcome to GP,

I'm in a game of Tales from the Loop that seems to have slowed down a bit unfortunately. It's a great system so if you want to run Loop or Flood, I would definitely be interested ;)

Happy gaming
May 1, 2020 8:13 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome to GP,

I'm in a game of Tales from the Loop that seems to have slowed down a bit unfortunately. It's a great system so if you want to run Loop or Flood, I would definitely be interested ;)

Happy gaming
Cool. I prefer "Flood" for a couple reasons. It's the 90s. The kids (teens) grapple with older and darker themes.

We'd probably just use a couple parts of the Mystery Landscape in the book as a beginning and end, or perhaps we could walk through the Prophets of Pandora mystery series if everyone is very motivated. It's a 4-act cycle, so it is a lot to get through.
May 1, 2020 8:16 pm
I'd love to try out Flood. I haven't played it yet

You do not have permission to post in this thread.