char avatar

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 5, 2020 6:42 pm
hello.
i have a char:
https://gamersplane.com/characters/dnd5/15317/
and I've tried uploading an avatar.
choose file, upload, save......

but the avatar pic never shows.
any hints, please?
May 5, 2020 6:46 pm
It won't show up anywhere until you make a post as that character. Have you done that? It's kind of unintuitive, I know.
May 5, 2020 6:47 pm
Check that you have something in the name field. This is key.

Then check edit character sheet and edit avatar to see if it is previewed.
May 5, 2020 6:48 pm
I think that, if you try to edit the avatar, the old one will show... though some image files are not uploadable
May 5, 2020 6:53 pm
If the picture doesn't show up on the upload popup either, it might be that the file is too large. Try decreasing its size and then upload it.
May 5, 2020 7:05 pm
thank you all very much. Submitting the post as THAT char, does indeed display the avatar.

follow up question: I hav two chars. and the only options are my normal login (Morlaf) and only one of my chars (the one with the avatar). Why is my other char not an option, please?
May 5, 2020 7:22 pm
The characters have to be accepted into a particular game for you to be able to post as them on that game.
May 5, 2020 7:23 pm
they are both accepted.....
May 5, 2020 7:54 pm
Then as per my earlier notes, for the second character:

Check that you have something in the name field. This is key.

Then check edit character sheet and edit avatar to see if it is previewed
May 5, 2020 7:56 pm
the char does not appear as an option - it is a different question so plz ignore and i will post new thread - thanks!
May 5, 2020 8:19 pm
The question may be different but I think the problems are the same. You can only post as a character if:
1) it has a legal avatar
2) you have something in the name field
3) the GM has "Approved" it into the game
May 5, 2020 8:48 pm
Actually, you don't need to have a character portrait to post as a character. The sheets do need to get approved though
Last edited May 5, 2020 8:48 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.