Deadlands: Reloaded firearms rework

May 8, 2020 6:19 am
I've been working on remodeling the guns in Deadlands: Reloaded to make them a bit more personable. In a Western setting, a chosen gun can say a lot about any particular character, and I feel that DLR tends to make most guns just be the same. All revolvers are basically the same, all rifles are more or less the same, etc. Usually with one "best" option, like the LeMat for Revolvers. Not to mention, many of the guns they selected are cap & ball weapons that aren't listed as such, and some of them are just strange choices (like the Evans Old Model Sporter, which saw maybe 300 units made and was widely unpopular compared to the New Model, which say 15k units manufactured). So I've done some work adjusting guns to be a bit more interesting, I think. I added new weapons, adjusted the stats on existing weapons, and added some new traits or qualities to some of the guns, as well as added options for Shotguns in gauges other than 12. I don't normally do game design and such, so I do not expect this to be perfect in any way, but I thought I would share it here and see if anyone would be interested in taking a look and maybe offer insight or suggestions on things that need to be changed.

I also added at least a line or two of information about each gun individually, and tried to suggest what sort of people were often seen carrying such guns.

Document can be found here.
May 8, 2020 11:43 pm
That link requires permission to see
Last edited May 8, 2020 11:43 pm
May 8, 2020 11:46 pm
Oh wow. I was tired when I put that up. Thanks. Fixed now.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.