Interest check: Deciding which of 3 games to run.

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 16, 2020 8:17 am
Hi, I'm ZivenOfNine, and I'm a DMholic.

I've run games since 1978 tabletop, and several in various PBEM and PBP format over the last few decades.

I'm guaging interest in the following to select one to recruit for.

All will end up being in a rules-barely-there FATEalike, highly narrative, and highly cooperative in worldbuilding and plotting.

I aim for once a week minimum posting, and tend to let everyone have a say before I summarize (editing together as needed) before moving on to a new scene.

1. The Far Divide. Elevator Pitch: D&D after a fantasy equivalent of the American Civil War leading into Burroughsesque Planetary Romance.

2. Overpowers. Kitchen sink superheroes in a world where UFOs and Paranormal mysteries are commonplace.

3. Star Trek: Magellan. What Voyager should have been, only even further from home. Set in the pre-Picard era but after Enterprise-F launched. Many Star Trek Online elements will be in background.

Any opinions?
Last edited May 16, 2020 11:46 am
May 16, 2020 10:50 am
I'm game for some FATE-like Star Trek
May 16, 2020 10:56 am
I'm always up for some Star Trek. I'm not familiar with what kitchen sink would mean in this context bu the rest of the second prompt sounds fun as well.
Quote:
All will end up being in a rules-barely-there FATEalike, highly narrative, and highly cooperative in worldbuilding and plotting.
This sounds great to me
May 16, 2020 11:43 am
That's two for the Trek game so far.. bowlofspinach, more or less, Kitchen sink is like DC or Marvel. Despite the presence of what people call The Disks that no one has any real info on, you can have mutants, metas, accidents, experiments, power suits, magicians, aliens (who all have their own stories of the Disks, and they don't know either) mythologic gods and heroes, and fantasy warriors all doing their things in capes and cowls more or less.
May 16, 2020 11:59 am
Okay, so I would definitely be interested in those two ideas. Potentially the superhero one slightly more but I would be up for either.
May 16, 2020 1:23 pm
I'd be up for this, either the superheros or star trek. In either case I think I'd like to play an AI grappling with the laws and restrictions imposed by their creator while trying to be a good servant
May 16, 2020 5:11 pm
I would opt in for the supes game but all three are fine as well
May 16, 2020 5:19 pm
If I have space when it goes up, would be inetrested in any, though Supes would be my 'vote'

Currenttly struggling with writers block rn though (admittdly caused by outside influences), though trying to force it through, so will depend when it's up/
May 17, 2020 5:40 am
So being, full disclosure, both retired and disabled AND in quarantine, I think I shall run both games that received interest in tandem. They are different enough in setting and style that I should have no problem with the GMload.

I'll work out how to get them set up and then post individual recruitment threads for them in the coming couple of days.
Last edited May 17, 2020 5:40 am
May 17, 2020 11:07 am
OK, I have both games as set up as they are going to be. Let me know if you want to be invited to Overpowers, Magellan, or both.
May 17, 2020 11:16 am
Magellan, please
- have applied
Last edited May 17, 2020 11:24 am
May 17, 2020 11:20 am
I'd love to join Overpowers. I'll leave the Magellan spots for others. Cant hog every game on the site for myself xD
May 17, 2020 8:52 pm
Overpowers sounds great and like the bowl I leave Magellan spots for others -- unless you end up needing more folk

You do not have permission to post in this thread.