OPERATION: RAPIDSTRIKE

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 1, 2020 9:47 am
William pads his pocket, "Never leave the house without my picks". He looks around and his eyes fall on the spotlight, "You reckon I can unlock the gate without getting spotted though?"
Jun 2, 2020 12:54 pm
"I think you can. The spotlight is centered on the fence, this is an island so, they are probably more concerned with keeping people in and, it is late so the guards are probably not as attentive."

Jeff will sweep the area to see if any signs of patrols.
Jun 3, 2020 5:06 pm
You don't see any foot patrols. If you want to open the gate, give me a d100 roll. You have an 87% chance of success. The lock has a rating of 35 and your Deactivation score is 51. 51+[51-35=16]=67. The picks add 20% to the chance.

To be clear, the spotlight rotates, illuminating an 80-foot circle at any given point, every 15 seconds. Note that opening the lock takes 1 full minute, so you will be in the spotlight four times during the process. The spotlight moves quickly, so you won't be in the light for more than a second or two each time.
Jun 3, 2020 5:19 pm
OOC:
Okay, I’ll give it a shot
William watches the spotlight and makes sure to time it so that he reaches the gate just as it leaves.

Rolls

Lockpick attempt - (1d100)

(55) = 55

Jun 3, 2020 5:31 pm
The spotlight passes you thrice in the time it takes to pick the lock (which you are successful at). You work quickly and quietly, noting that the fence is not, in fact, electrified (as the sign says). Each time the light sweeps over you, you hold your breath with anticipation, but nothing happens; no alarms go off and the light does not stop its sweep.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Jun 3, 2020 6:56 pm
William quickly motions for the other two to follow him as he quickly rushes through the gate, runs up to the door and squeezes up against the wall next to it.
OOC:
I imagine that this is the only way in that we can see?
Jun 3, 2020 11:05 pm
Yes, this is the only way in that you know of. The gate is actually about 80 feet from the exterior walls (please see the map at Roll20).
Jun 4, 2020 5:04 pm
Waiting for the spot light to make a pass, Jeffrey will then sprint to the wall next to William. He will pull out his brass knuckles so as to hopefully take anyone down quietly.

"Nice work on the lock."
Jun 7, 2020 3:01 am
As the spotlight makes its next turn, Brand dashes over next to the others. He takes his place against the wall.
Jun 7, 2020 9:48 am
With everyone in position, William takes a deep breath and opens the door as quietly as he can. He then peeks inside.
Jun 7, 2020 1:47 pm
01:02:15

Timing your runs, each of you darts to the side of the building, avoiding the spotlight. When everyone is in position, William moves cautiously towards the front door. The glass-paned doors allow light from inside to floor out, and he finds the doors to be locked.
Jun 7, 2020 2:10 pm
William swears and gets out his lockpick to try and unlock the door once more.

Rolls

Lockpick attempt - (1d100)

(38) = 38

Jun 7, 2020 2:43 pm
You easily pop the lock on the door, but as you are working on it, you notice a simple tape alarm that goes around the perimeter of the door. To prevent it from going off, you'll need to make a deactivation roll for it as well.
Jun 7, 2020 2:45 pm
OOC:
Alright, here goes nothing

Edit: Well, shit...
Last edited June 7, 2020 2:46 pm

Rolls

Deactivation roll - (1d100)

(96) = 96

Jun 7, 2020 3:06 pm
01:04:15

To your surprise, the alarm seems to do nothing. There is no sound, no sudden lights, and no apparent reaction from within.
Jun 7, 2020 7:47 pm
William looks unnerved, "Sorry guys, I realised too late...what do we think? Silent alarm?". He draws his gun and looks through the door.
Jun 7, 2020 9:37 pm
"Either way we're committed now. Let's move as if it was a silent alarm."
Jun 7, 2020 10:31 pm
The hall lights are on within, casting a circle of illumination out through the doors. Beyond the doors, you can see a reception area and hallways going north, east, and west. About 30 feet in, you can see a security camera mounted near the ceiling that is aimed at the doors.
Jun 10, 2020 2:40 pm
"Well, we can either take out the camera, which will draw guards to investigate. Head down the hall and hope it's not monitored, possibly bringing guards or we find another way. I think we just go and take out anyone who comes. Time is not on our side currently."
Jun 12, 2020 8:10 am
William takes a deep breath, "I agree, if we're to have any chance of completing the mission and catching our ride out of here, we need to get a move on". William enters the hall.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.