Variant Rules

load previous
Apr 8, 2016 12:53 pm
More specifically it applies until your next turn, so if you make attacks of opportunity on other's rounds power attack is still modifying them.
Apr 8, 2016 1:42 pm
Aight, good to know! In that case my second attack was an 18 to hit with 7 damage, and my third attack was a 13 to hit with 7 damage
Apr 27, 2016 1:21 am
Now that you've have a chance to play with it, how do you feel about the variant action economy rules compared to the normal rules?
Apr 28, 2016 1:49 am
As you mentioned, it definitely poses an advantage at low levels, but I can see how at higher levels, its slightly, though not very, limiting. I'm biased, as since we can only cast one spell a round anyway, it doesn't really affect me.
Apr 28, 2016 4:27 am
I think if we were doing regular actions, we might end up wasting a lot of time with questions about whether or not we can or can't do certain things... which is not conducive to the play-by-post structure. If we were at a table, I might want to try out the normal action economy, but for here on the forums I think the variant playstyle is definitely the way to go.
Apr 29, 2016 2:14 am
Are we confirming crits/fails?
Apr 29, 2016 2:16 am
thedandyman says:
Are we confirming crits/fails?
We are indeed confirming crits. No critical fails in this game though
Apr 29, 2016 2:16 am
*thumbs up emoji*
Jul 28, 2016 6:57 pm
I've decided not to go with the Automatic Bonus Progression rule. I think it'll be more fun to simply find magic items.
Jul 30, 2016 2:02 am
If I weren't playing a monk who has no possessions, I would be very pleased with that decision hahaha
Aug 8, 2016 5:06 pm
thedandyman says:
If I weren't playing a monk who has no possessions, I would be very pleased with that decision hahaha
I'd drop out of that vow if I were you! That one is just so punishing lol
Aug 9, 2016 3:38 pm
I updated the original post, so please re-read it!
Sep 15, 2016 10:03 pm
Can I only do flurry of blows if I take a standard attack as my first attack? Or can I use flurry of blows after using something like Stunning Fist? And can Stunning Fist be non-lethal damage?
Sep 15, 2016 10:07 pm
Because it uses the highest Base Attack Bonus, it will have to be paired with the first hit. Stunning Fist isn't a separate action, so it can be paired with any attack, but you have to declare the intent before you roll the attack. Stunning Fist just says "damage" so it should be doable with a non-lethal attack.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.