Welcome to High School!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Aug 10, 2020 11:50 am
Nemaín was slow to react to the alarm going off. It wasn't that she didn't know what an alarm was, just that she wasn't sure why it should pertain to her. When everyone around her reacted as if they were in an emergency Nemaín could honestly say she was surprised. It took her several beats longer than the others to follow. Luckily, her enhanced nature made it easy to catch up with her apparent companions.

She still wasn't sure why they all cared about the fate of the gemstone store. Perhaps it was simply because she was new to the way things were done here. A hero, like Morrigan or the other elite hero's of this world, saved the world. Why should they be acting as security for someone foolish enough not to protect their wares.

Or perhaps... this was something beginners needed to do. Nemaín was no beginner, at least not in her own mind, so the idea that this was something basic grated at her.

"This is child's play" she scoffed, loud enough for everyone to hear "Give me a moment"

Lines of power, radiating a pinkish hue, raced across her exposed skin as she activated her magic. The feeling, as always, was exhilarating. Her body felt light, strong, and her focus was thrown into sharp relief. The Celtic lattice and runes etched on her body and face at once beutiful and terrifying. Her eyes too, took on a a glowing aspect.

She crossed the room quickly, a cocky smirk on her face, and came in low with a devastating haymaker.
OOC:
Making an attack with Fighting. Let me know if I rolled incorrectly, still learning the system

Rolls

Attack: Fighting - (1d20+10)

(2) + 10 = 12

Aug 10, 2020 3:46 pm
Okay, for physical combat, you add either your Fighting value or your HTH combat value, whichever is higher. Your HTH value may be affected by your skills. You are looking to beat his Parry, which would be a 17, so he blocks your blow.
Aug 11, 2020 2:14 am
OOC:
sounds good. Do you want me to narrate the block or would you prefer too? I'm assuming I'm my turn is over unless I'm misunderstanding the system.
Aug 11, 2020 11:31 pm
OOC:
You can narrate it if you wish. If not, then I will when I post the next move, but yes, your turn is ended.
Aug 13, 2020 8:45 pm
Forgive me everyone, it's been a Day and I'm swamped. Please be patient and I will update when possible.
Aug 16, 2020 12:27 am
The Cobweb Kid bounds onto the scene, performs a triple-somersault with a twist and lands in the classic "Iron Man" pose.
"Freeze, snowball!" he gleefully shouts as he extends his arm and fires a gooey, purple webbing out of his hand towards the icy villain!
Last edited August 16, 2020 12:32 am

Rolls

Ranged Combat: Webbing (Cumulative Affliction) +9 - (1d20+9)

(13) + 9 = 22

Aug 16, 2020 5:50 pm
The gooey substance strikes the villain, instantly becoming frozen and brittle. He shrugs and shatters the now fragile webbing. He turns his attention to Bloodwine. "Oooh, I'm scared," he says, with an air of bravado.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 7, 2020 3:11 am
The Cobweb kid shifts his feet nervously.
Sep 7, 2020 6:46 pm
OOC:
I was waiting on Lightwielder, but I guess that's not going to happen.
The frosty man points his finger at the Cobweb Kid and a blast of icy cold shoots from his fingertip.
OOC:
Cobweb Kid must make a Fortitude save, please.
OOC:
Rhiannon is up!
Sep 8, 2020 12:46 am
OOC:
Can I make a Dodge roll first?
Sep 8, 2020 6:38 am
Rhiannon drifts slowly through the fight, invisible and incorporeal, as webbing and ice blasts fly back and forth. Nothing this exciting has happened for a long time, and she wants to make sure she gets a front-row seat for all the action!

She finds a spot she's happy with, perched on one of the jewellery cases, and becomes fully visible. To everyone else, it looks as though she simply appears out of thin air.

"Woo! Go Cobweb Kid... ooh, yikes. Okay... Come on, Nemain! Hit 'em where it hurts!"
Sep 8, 2020 11:27 pm
OOC:
Nope, no Dodge because this is not a direct attack. It's an Affliction.
OOC:
Nemain and Cobweb Kid (after his save and the result of such) are up!
Sep 9, 2020 3:12 am
Fortitude Roll

Rolls

Fortitude - (1d20+4)

(5) + 4 = 9

Sep 9, 2020 5:16 pm
Cobweb Kid, you are wracked by sudden cold, leaving you exhausted (-2 penalty on all checks, -1 speed rank). "Be glad that you're not my target, kid!"
Sep 10, 2020 7:26 am
Trey looks around for the heaviest nearby object. He hoists a large display case over his head and hurls it at the ice villain!

"Eat this, ugly ice dude!"
Last edited September 10, 2020 7:52 am

Rolls

Ranged Combat: Throw - (1d20+9)

(17) + 9 = 26

Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm
OOC:
Nemain?
Sep 14, 2020 3:37 am
OOC:
I didnt realize you guys were waiting for me! I’m really sorry, i thought i had to make a move after Bloodwine and got lost with those secret rolls, again i apologize
Last edited September 14, 2020 3:43 am
Oct 3, 2020 9:58 pm
OOC:
Hey, sorry I disappeared for a while. I’m working with a recruiter to apply for Officer Candidate School in the military and the process is involved. Things are settling into a routine now though. I’ll get a post up ASAP.
Oct 10, 2020 11:48 pm
Nemain scowls darkly at having been so easily deflected, a low growl rising from the back of her throat. The ice villain had managed to create some space between himself and the young demi-god. Frustrating, especially as it seemed her erstwhile comrades were going to be less than helpful.

Nothing new there she thought wryly best to just count on yourself

Ignoring them, Nemain was more than willing to to use the distance to her advantage. The ice wizard or whatever he might be called wasn't the only one who could strike at range.

pink energy gathered around her hands, crackling like the lines etched across her skin.

"You're not safe over there either"

Heedless of the other teenagers Nemain’s twin blasts raced across the distance to her opponent.
OOC:
Rolling my blast attack. Blast Damage=10
Last edited October 13, 2020 4:14 am

Rolls

Ranged Attack (Blast) Dex + Ranged Combat Skill - (1d20+16)

(16) + 16 = 32

Oct 11, 2020 3:43 pm
The blasts catch the frosty villain by surprise, slamming into him and leaving him bruised (-1 Toughness).

OOC:
The Cobweb Kid is up!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.