[LANCER system] Potential for Camelot Space Opera?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 12, 2020 8:41 pm
I was one of the people who originally asked to get in, but I was fairly late to the party last time.
Jun 14, 2020 4:35 am
FYI, your link to the "fixed" game goes to the old one
Jun 14, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm here just to say Compcon is the sleekest RPG aid for a pen-and-paper game. Makes me wish we could play the entirety of Lancer on it.
Jun 14, 2020 12:58 pm
Compcon is great. More games should have something like it
Jun 14, 2020 4:07 pm
optimumsquare says:
FYI, your link to the "fixed" game goes to the old one
Hm. That doesn't seem right. I'll get it fixed, thanks.
Jun 27, 2020 2:51 am
We're looking for a new GM.

Due to stuff irl, Rem wouldn't be able to GM for this campaign so the players are looking for a new GM for this game.
Here's the link to the game if you're interested: https://gamersplane.com/games/2607/

and here's a picture of a cat.

https://is3-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple128/v4/91/dc/4c/91dc4cff-c2db-dffa-4552-02b3e193e99a/source/512x512bb.jpg
Last edited June 27, 2020 2:51 am
Jun 27, 2020 5:55 pm
If it helps, I'm willing to share the plans I had for the game, to ease the burden of trying to plan a campaign you weren't prepared for. No statblocks or anything yet(I was waiting to see the players builds first to design encounters), but a basic plot structure at least.
Jun 27, 2020 6:03 pm
Oh bummer, I just saw this thread after I applied. D: woops
Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm
So at a glance this appears to be similar to Battletech and other games of this genre -- some mostly table-top moving and fighting with not much in the way of role-playing -- is this correct? I am very familiar with table-top mech battles used to play Battletech with my friends all the time we even created rules for an on going campaign situation for upgrading mechs and pilots

However it never mixed in role-playing very well -- even though I think they tried once

So yeah I might be able to run this but it will require maps to play the mechs on I am guessing -- is there a place to get these hex maps easily as well as tokens to represent the mechs ??
Jun 27, 2020 6:26 pm
There is roleplaying, involved, the game just uses, essentially, two different systems for that and the combat. The combat is a tactical crunchy game like you're expecting...but the roleplaying is more like Apocalypse World with partial successes and other narrative elements.

As far as maps, I planned on just using various pregenerated and purchased battlemaps, or badly drawn MSPaint maps. The company that makes the game has a file on their website with png images of all the mech types.
Jun 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Oh okay so remspeedwagon other than having IRL issues will you still be around from time to time ?
Jun 28, 2020 12:24 pm
Yeah, I'm still on the site, and you can feel free to pm me with questions and such. I'm just not currently able to handle the mental load of running a game unfortunately. Things changed pretty quickly around here.
Jun 30, 2020 9:13 pm
Okay well if your going to be semi-available I can step in keep things moving forward -- I posted my join -- so when you get the chance if you can accept me and make me GM I will get things started there but stay in contact with you -- so that if you get the ability to return to the drivers seat it will be rolling along.
Jul 1, 2020 4:33 pm
I was really interested in this.

I noticed the game says there is room, obviously with DeJoker stepping in that might change the dynamic a bit on how many people he thinks he can run it.

I applied, let me know if I can step in. no worries if not.
Jul 1, 2020 8:15 pm
Okay tried to add you but it appears the game is full once more ... maybe?
Last edited July 1, 2020 8:18 pm
Jul 1, 2020 11:57 pm
The game says 7/12 when I look at it.

I tried Withdrawing and requesting again not sure if that will help
Jul 2, 2020 2:13 pm
Maybe as a 2ndary GM I am not able to accept you -- I will check with rem on that
Nov 2, 2020 2:15 pm
Okay -- the ship is finally arriving at its destination and the crew will be needing to deal with their current situation and the universe as it has become. Looking for 2 (maybe 3) other Lancer Pilots to fill out the the Lancer Unit which consists of 5 Lancers anyone interested in such an endeavor give a holler back
Last edited November 2, 2020 2:17 pm
Nov 2, 2020 6:07 pm
Hi!

I've been interested in joining a Lancer game for quite a while now... so I would be interested if you accept newbies that have never played Lancer before (although I played Battletech in my old days, hehe)

PD: I have already read most of the rules book, though, so I don't expect that you need to guide me much.
Last edited November 2, 2020 6:08 pm
Nov 2, 2020 6:33 pm
Okay you have been invited just follow the link here Knights of Caliburn(Fixed)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.