OOC:Under the Bridge

Jul 19, 2020 9:33 pm
Toll or Troll? You know what to do.
Jul 21, 2020 10:40 pm
Welcome AshDrunbar to Book One of the Tales of Tunnels and Trolls- The Tomb of Axton. Feel free to ask any questions here and roll up your character in the creation thread.

Trolly,

Valdus
Jul 22, 2020 9:55 pm
I have been playing a long time and I don't think I have ever been on an online game that has stalled so much.

But in real life, at the tabletop- sheeet that was forever. Somebody late, somebody getting food, no doubt a girlfriend (well in this day and age I have to say boy friend to the women-gamers. But in my day? It was all boys and NONE had girlfriends, your friendly neighborhood GM included!) is keeping another, another is eating, another is erasing a character sheet until it has a hole right where STR should be, and still another is looking for dice. Oh did I mention there is only ONE DAMN PLAYER'S MANUAL?
Jul 25, 2020 3:03 pm
If I would still be teaching. i would have started class and handed out detentions to whoever is late. Last I know we got three people heading over to that Tundra-Lord's tomb. I will adjust the danger and madness and move forward. The others can catch up.

But the tundra could be a harsh place for stragglers.
Jul 25, 2020 4:28 pm
Also, news FLASH, we do have another coming in from another site. A true Troll!
Jul 27, 2020 1:16 pm
OOC:
Hi everyone. Took me a few days to find this thread but I'm finally here ! I'll be keeping an eye out for further posts, thanks.
Last edited July 27, 2020 1:17 pm
Jul 27, 2020 2:27 pm
Hi all, I’m a complete noob looking to learn so please feel free to correct/advise when I do anything wrong/stupid where appropriate! I was just looking at starting the rolls for my character stats, but wanted to check I’m looking at the right rulebook. The one I’m looking at has 7 stats, but the character sheet I saw in the thread has 8 - looks like WIZ is the extra one. I also can’t see anything about the talents in there. Should I be looking somewhere else?

EDIT: I’ve found another, longer, rule book that includes these things. I’ll take a read through and then get my character sorted.
Last edited July 27, 2020 4:17 pm
Jul 27, 2020 6:41 pm
We are using edition 5 with talents. I prefer to use STR instead of WIZ for magic. Im pretty sure the easy rules I picked are edition 5 with talents. In the end, and one of the things I love about T&T, is that it is all compatible.
Jul 27, 2020 7:27 pm
Valdus says:
We are using edition 5 with talents. I prefer to use STR instead of WIZ for magic. Im pretty sure the easy rules I picked are edition 5 with talents. In the end, and one of the things I love about T&T, is that it is all compatible.
I did create my character using edition 7. Any changes I should take into account ? Somehow a separate WIZ score makes sense to me (also if you plan on using STR instead my poor wizard is gonna be pretty messed up, right ?).
Jul 27, 2020 7:33 pm
No, I just prefer using strength but not to worry. 7th it is not a problem.

People prefer to use strength because it opens a whole new world of rp. But honestly, if you think of classical magi, it would make sense to even use CON. Magic robs the invoker of life-force.
Jul 27, 2020 8:26 pm
AshDrunbar, welcome to the game as well. I look forward to RPGing with you! To you as well PanchamKing!
Jul 27, 2020 10:01 pm
Thanks to Gringnr today I bought a slew of T&T stuff. The "classic" 5th rules in two versions and a GM screen. Hopefully this will fuel the madness that is to come. Since I bought the T&T bundle on bundle of holding, I have quite a few GM adventures if this chaos we have here becomes a blissful habit.
Jul 28, 2020 7:34 am
wulfnor says:
AshDrunbar, welcome to the game as well. I look forward to RPGing with you! To you as well PanchamKing!
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone ! Ready to boogie, here... ! (-;
Jul 28, 2020 12:18 pm
Do submit the character on the main page?
Jul 28, 2020 7:26 pm
Valdus says:
Do submit the character on the main page?
Yeah sorry... Still a tad rusty, haven't used Gamersplane in quite a while...
Jul 28, 2020 7:29 pm
Not to worry. First post is UP!
Jul 29, 2020 11:25 pm
I dont expect people to post every day. If people can people can but its not expected at all.

Its not a big deal to wait for people on table top. But for a GM its damn dangerous to wait for someone to post. I Got to keep the ball rolling, so if you can post send me a pm and Ill handle your pc with extreme mercy (unless I roll 1,2)

Finally, this is going to sound messed up. But I am not surprised that TnT never caught on in the 70's and 80's like DnD did. I made up your roster and yall got a total of 14d6+122. Imagine counting that on the tabletop? That would take half the night and at least two pizzas!

Yes, it looks like this...

Wow, only 1 spite point!

Rolls

For example - (14d6+122)

(45124354235361) + 122 = 170

Jul 30, 2020 11:02 am
Valdus says:
I am not surprised that TnT never caught on in the 70's and 80's like DnD did. I made up your roster and yall got a total of 14d6+122. Imagine counting that on the tabletop? That would take half the night and at least two pizzas !
I didn't know this system was a contemporary to D&D's basic rules, that explains a lot... but yeah, as far as rolling a gazillion D6s on an actual board, no wonder players didn't catch on.
Luckily we have the magic of dicebots today, so problem solved !

(I'd still take the pizzas, though...)
Jul 30, 2020 6:04 pm
Very contemporary. In fact, T&T was seen as mocking the accountant/war-gaming style of D&D. When I was young I relished in that exactness. As a teenager it was something I could control, unlike my puberty damn life.

But now? Old and with dice-roller apps? Hell, I'm T&T all the way. Let skynet do the work for me!

PS: I heard from Gringnr, should be posting after work today. Now let me see who failed that SR...
Jul 31, 2020 1:44 am
Hey, y'all. Sorry about the lateness. I haven't used this forum before, and I'm feeling my way around the layout. I just found the in-character board for the first time a short while ago.
load next

Thread locked