OOC:Under the Bridge

load previous
Jul 31, 2020 2:05 am
Akki Reminds me of Malak from Conan.
Jul 31, 2020 6:35 am
Are we using 5th edition rules rather than 7th? If so, I may need to adjust my character slightly since I read the 7th edition rulebook. The first thing that jumps out is my combat adds should be 21 rather than 22 since 5th doesn’t include SPD in its calculation for adds.
Jul 31, 2020 8:06 am
Sorry all. I must bow out of this game before even getting really starting. I received a call from my sister-in-law last night. My younger brother, my only sibling. Lives just outside Portland Oregon, but works in the city itself. He was working late and on his way home last night, his car got mobbed by either BLM or Antifa protesters. His driver's side window got smashed in by someone using a hammer and he was hit in the head with it and stabbed twice someone, before he stepped on the gas and was able to get out of there. Getting some distance away before passing out and crashing his car. He is in critical condition. So I am going to Portland this morning to be with his wife and three kids at the hospital. I don't foresee in that in the near future I will be in the right state of mind to be able to put any effort into this game. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause
Jul 31, 2020 2:08 pm
Talk about a wake up call. Damned, the state of the world when the rpg-nerds are taken from their game-sanctums and rushed into the real world by hate and violence. I read what you write and I felt a sudden surge to be Batman ( while every man is expected to be a Superman, we really only want to be a Batman). I was filled with sympathetic rage, and I cannot even imagine your shoes right now.

As for the character, until I hear from you wulfnor, I will simply skip him, put him in a pocket dimension, pending your orders. I can...

A. Rush him into valiant battle, and his sacrifice will save his companions. Your next character with me will be his family of some kind.

B. Keep him in the pocket dimension, just skipped, until you return.

One thing I want to say. This is your game-sanctum. If you want to return to escape the bastard-nature of the world right now you are always welcome.

Your crew awaits your orders, sir.
Jul 31, 2020 2:13 pm
Panchamking, Ill give you the point for the confusion. Also, let's have an icon for you?
Jul 31, 2020 2:39 pm
Damn wulfnor, that sounds awful. Best wishes to your brother and his family, hope he recovers quickly.
Valdus says:
Panchamking, Ill give you the point for the confusion. Also, let's have an icon for you?
Ask and you shall receive.
Jul 31, 2020 2:44 pm
Also when you post you can choose between posting as yourself or your character...
Aug 1, 2020 4:19 pm
Alright I am seeing if this becomes a house rule. I am one lazy GM. I plan on doing mass simultaneous combat. Spells and Missiles being over the others, as part of total combat. I have always searched for some sort of party-one-roll engine (ORE) and think T&T was on the right track with it.

You all roll as a party, totalling your weapons+adds, with spells and missiles (if you pass the required SR) being a stable. We are also playing with spite points form the loser (logically) and will take that into consideration.

And these guys have a lot of spite!
Aug 2, 2020 5:37 pm
I thought it would be a good idea to create some sort of repository for backstories, lore, information and summaries. Once we are done with a section of an adventure players are expected to write a reflection or tale of it in the Tome thread. This can be first person (alas singing it to a tavern?) or third person.

Enjoy!
Aug 5, 2020 6:32 pm
Quote:
Belga will take the hit. She's, well, sturdy. :)
In my far and away youth, I made the mistake of calling a woman "stout" and then trying to save it by saying "you know, robust?"

Death ensued!
Aug 10, 2020 7:49 pm
I trust yall enjoyed the first battle of the tomb of Axton. I hope it was not too hacky, but it is my first TnT fight. I plan on using spite damage a LOT more in the future.
Aug 16, 2020 1:41 am
I am having a good weekend and I hope all of you are too. Blowing off some steam and I pray all of you may also have that bliss. I believe I will be back on Monday.
Aug 19, 2020 11:15 pm
I have returned, no worse for where. Sorry I was expecting others to post.
Aug 27, 2020 2:45 am
Hurricane here, be back soon!
Aug 28, 2020 6:45 pm
You would think we would get it, but Louisiana is bigger than you might think... (I live in Nawlins)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/596011677057548289/748975555122167889/IMG_8371.JPG
Nov 5, 2020 3:09 am
No, not everything is ok. Be aware of me, for when adversity or other crap comes into my life I tend to cocoon. That is the situation right now.

We had seven hurricanes threaten, and the last one hit my house with a vengeance.

Further, and a middle age, I found out, that I need hip replacement. This would be nothing for anyone (considering the surgeon I was blessed to find) but I have a long history of damn orthopedic madness that goes way way back to when I was one. YES ONE.

Alas I know I should have told all of you of this and just moved on, but I did not. I guess I am a crisis personality, drawn out of the cave to war with club and fist and the painting by the fire are lost.

For that I am sorry, truly.

But if yall want to continue, I am humbly ready to resurrect this multi-user shared hallucination.

Shall we?

Thread locked