Stop me if you've heard this before

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm
Like seriously, you've probably heard this story a million times in the past couple of months: I am a long-time RPG enthusiast with years of experience as a DM, I was setting up new materials and campaigns for my IRL group, but then the COVID lockdown came, my group was forced to disband, and now I'm turning to PbP because I got nothing better to do all day.

My situation is a bit more complex than that: to make a very long story very short, I have a genetic condition which has harmed both my stomach and my lungs, causing those organs to be very frail. As you can imagine this makes me a high-risk subject, and therefore not catching COVID has become a top priority for me, so even as some restrictions (I'm italian, the crisis in Italy is mostly under control by now) are lifted and people go back to normal life, I still have to remain locked up at home. Thankfully I live in a very privileged situation: my hometown is a very small, isolated, rural area where it's easy to arrange situation where I'll be free to go grochery shopping without running into anybody, my parents are both retired and their pensions allow them to afford a colf that takes care of them 24/7, I live alone in a small apartment, and my job can easily be done from home (I'm a data analyst and videogame designer, with ambitions of one day being a writer), so yeah, you know those people who can barely make ends meet because the COVID catastrophe has ruined their lives? Yeah, I'm definitely NOT one of those, thank God for that. I'll need to live alone and to reduce social interactions to a minimum, but at least my ability to afford a comfortable lifestyle is not in jeopardy.

Still, one just has to scratch that itch for roleplay adventures, you know? Pathfinder and D&D, PTU and M&M, Shadowrun and the Warhammer tetralogy, VtM and many more obscure systems have been an important part of my life for years now, so yeah, since they're probably not going to be something I can do in my real life anymore, I want at least my internet life to involve them somehow. Also because, if I'm not going to be able to travel the real world, I at least want to travel imaginary ones.
And so here I am: I already have some experience with PbP, having spent some time on other websites before, but here is where I'm oping to make that jump, to reach a new level. Honestly, all I really want to do for now is to meet a bunch of people with whom I can exchange fun, memorable games, both as a player and as a DM.

Welp, this is all for my introduction: let's get along everyone :)
Jul 20, 2020 4:52 pm
Buongiorno, Tears!

Welcome to GP. I'm sure you'll fit right in here. Lots of people who for one reason or another need more gaming than they can get in real life.
Quote:
Pathfinder and D&D, PTU and M&M, Shadowrun and the Warhammer tetralogy, VtM and many more obscure systems have been an important part of my life for years now, so yeah, since they're probably not going to be something I can do in my real life anymore, I want at least my internet life to involve them somehow.
Gamersplane has a wide variety of games/systems that are being played here. Keep your eyes on the Games Tavern to find some good ones to join.

If you want to see how GP functions and how PBP looks like on this site, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Jul 20, 2020 5:24 pm
Well well well... that's a screen name I recognize! Hope you're doing good, Tears.

Also welcome to GP! LOL
Jul 20, 2020 6:29 pm
Stop me if you heard this before...welcome
Jul 20, 2020 6:59 pm
Yamazaki says:
Well well well... that's a screen name I recognize! Hope you're doing good, Tears.

Also welcome to GP! LOL
Oh God. Nevermind guys I'm leaving this website, it's been nice to know you.

Ok jokes aside, I'm glad I get to play with you again: hopefully this time around we'll be able to actually do some stuff together without a million things getting in the way. Can I ask you a favor? Don't tell Seardon and Mr. Doctor that I'm here: I left that place because I was fed up with certain... Patterns I had started to notice, and I have decided I don't need that kind of crap in my life, I never want to be involved with that website again. That said, it was still wrong of me to not give those two in particular an explanation, given that my beef was not with them and that they were, in fact, the two people who were closest to me. So yeah, while I don't regret telling off the people who had wronged me and leaving, I do feel bad about burning the proverbial bridges with two great individuals whom I had come to consider genuine friends.

On second thought yes, do tell them I'm here, persuade them to join this website: I'm sure they'd enjoy it a lot more AND it would be a joy for me to see them again. And hey, perhaps I'll actually be able to enjoy my stay here, without ending up on death's door at the hospital for a third time.

WITH THAT OUT OF THE WAY, thanks everyone else for the warm welcome! I'll be sure to join the Discord server too: on a quick side note, I just wanted to say that "Machiabelly" has got to be the best user name I've ever seen on any website ever.
Jul 20, 2020 7:53 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jul 21, 2020 11:37 am
Welcome, lots of good games to join on this site

You do not have permission to post in this thread.