Interest check, City of Mist

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 27, 2020 10:22 pm
I'm putting this here because the 'Pen and Paper' section got no steam. This is just an interest check. If enough are interested it will be a while before I have anything ready to play. I have only read through the players guide and will need to read the MC(what they call the GM) guide then put together a loose narrative.

City of Mist is a RPG I've been reading lately and with my a renewed flame for tabeltop now and the quarantine still around I've jumped back on the site.

Has anyone played the game before?
If so, have you played on PbP?
If so, what format did you use for character sheets?
Would anyone be interested in a modern noir mystery where your normal lives get flipped on their heads by myths and legends you thought just that?
Jul 27, 2020 10:26 pm
I would be interested in trying this. I've never played it before, but I've read about it and it sounds very cool.
Jul 28, 2020 5:24 pm
I'd be up for getting turned on my head. Doesn't happen often enough. Where can I find the Players' Guide? Is it under the name, City of Mist?
Jul 28, 2020 9:59 pm
Yea. There is a free starter set pdf.
Jul 29, 2020 2:33 am
I'm definitely interested. Heard good things about CoM, and have been wanting to try the PbtA system.
Jul 29, 2020 7:24 am
Cool, wasn't sure if anyone had heard of this game. I'll be reading the gm guide in the next few days. I hope to have something ready by the end of next week. Then I'll look for a party. Sorry if that is too long but I wanted to make sure shone people were interested before I committed.
Jul 29, 2020 10:25 am
I never played the game to be honest, but I've checked what it was about yesterday, and I must say I'm really interested too. May I ask how much activity you would expect for players, however ? In terms of posts per weeks/days ?
Last edited July 29, 2020 10:40 am
Jul 29, 2020 10:30 am
Hmm... it seems that my post vanished. I am interested as well. Urban fantasy is my weakness :D
Jul 29, 2020 10:41 am
This sounds amazing. I just read all the free material. You have 4, so If there's room, count me in.
Jul 29, 2020 4:31 pm
Posts per day can be discussed. As of right now, I can respond a few times a day(depending on the situation) at least to answer some clarifying questions.

There are 6 of you interested in the game so I'll be finishing up the GM book and then I guess starting a game forum. Session0 is for the group to set up characters, their connections, the world, and then a small playthrough as your character with a back and forth to develop the world and the character's lives.
After that, I'll need a few days to gather the info and come up with a nice narrative.

While thinking of a character remember you have a normal life, these characters are not superheroes, at least not yet.
Jul 29, 2020 5:20 pm
Well, my disponibilities will give me the time to respond 1 to 2 time a day for the following week, a bit more afterwards. So if you're ok with that, I'll be happy to join !
Last edited July 29, 2020 5:29 pm
Aug 22, 2020 8:15 pm
I am still hoping this game will happen
Aug 22, 2020 8:31 pm
And so am I :c
Aug 22, 2020 8:38 pm
Same here! Although I do understand that life sometimes gets in the way of announced schedules.
Aug 22, 2020 9:59 pm
I'd be totally interested as well. It's an absolutely brilliant concept, I've just never felt confident enough with the setting to try to run it.
Aug 22, 2020 10:43 pm
Absolutely still waiting with bated breath.
Aug 23, 2020 3:31 am
Is this still happening?
Aug 23, 2020 3:44 am
City of Mist is one of the few games built on PbtA's skeleton that changes the formula in a way that interests me. If this is still going on.
Aug 25, 2020 2:33 am
City of mist is one of my favorite games, and even if this isn't happening, I highly recommend everyone who was interested without knowing the system look into it! (That said, if it DOES happen, I'm always down to make a Rift)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.