Cat & Mouse: Planetside Edition

load previous
Sep 15, 2020 1:50 am
OOC:
@Robobax - You can absolutely use the Triumph from your Initiative roll for an extra Maneuver. Just want to point a few things out (and Aspiroth this will benefit you as well).

The droids have heavy weapons (that can reach Long range), with heavy damage, and capable of Auto-fire so I want to be clear in that they can hit you from where they are stationed with heavy damage.

Keep in mind each Turn you can make (1) Action and (1) Maneuver. You can make an additional Maneuver each Turn by either exchanging your Action for a Maneuver, suffering 2 Strain, or in V's case this round if provided by some other source. However you can make no more than (2) Maneuvers a Turn.

You can go with your plan ... and the roll would be Deception not an attack.
Sep 15, 2020 5:40 pm
OOC:
I love the plan, so I'm up for it if V wants to try. Another option would be for Arius and V to play the game, and the rest of the squad to use the distraction for a flanking attack.

Just want to confirm. I understood that Arius would be unable to attack from any floor of this building, as they are all at too great a range.

I would also like to know for future reference if one of the droids' weapons could be be salvaged as a personal weapon by a certain clone called Arius.... ;)
Last edited September 15, 2020 5:40 pm
Sep 15, 2020 6:11 pm
OOC:
Correct. The droids are at Long Range from the building (i.e. down the street) so changing floors won't increase or decrease range.

Arius could certainly attempt to salvage the droid's weapon ... it's more or less a vehicle weapon so I can't make any promises that he'd be able to make use of it.
Sep 15, 2020 9:13 pm
Seuss says:
OOC:
Correct. The droids are at Long Range from the building (i.e. down the street) so changing floors won't increase or decrease range.

Arius could certainly attempt to salvage the droid's weapon ... it's more or less a vehicle weapon so I can't make any promises that he'd be able to make use of it.
OOC:
That's fine. I just find it more fun to use looted stuff than to buy things. It provides a connection to the story every time you use it! And, next time he'd have a long range weapon. :)
Last edited September 15, 2020 9:13 pm
Sep 15, 2020 10:05 pm
OOC:
Alright I wait for NPC, PC ingame response
Sep 16, 2020 1:17 am
OOC:
So V will wait for the last PC slot?

Also is Arius still going to make a move downstairs as per your post?
Sep 16, 2020 5:59 pm
OOC:
I think Arius will continue downstairs. Should the spiders start attacking V, he can contribute from a lower floor, and at the same time support the subterfuge that there are more people in the building. Also, splitting the enemy firepower between two floors will reduce the danger of them getting lucky...
Sep 17, 2020 12:16 am
OOC:
Yes I'll wait
Sep 17, 2020 12:30 pm
With a short nod, affirming agreement with V's daring plan, the Commander moved to join Arius. The pair of trooper's heavy footfalls echoed loud in the near emptiness of the stairwell, though when Arius peeled off and entered one of the floors in the middle of the building the ARC Trooper kept descending - most likely to coordinate the rest of the squad's movements.

On the crystalline street below, the sergeant began issuing orders, growling in frustration as the Troopers took more time than the grizzled squad leader felt appropriate.
OOC:
@Robobax - it is now V's turn in the Initiative order. He has an additional Maneuver for his Triumph on the Initiative roll. Send also a Deception roll if V is in fact attempting to fool the Spider Droids into thinking the squad is on the roof.

Just for insight into the system the rest of your squad's turns were as follows:

Colt:
Maneuver - moved short to Medium range
Action - converted Action to Maneuver to move 1/2 range band from Medium to Long

Clone Sergeant:
Maneuver - Take Cover
Action - Form Squad (success)

Clone Troopers (Minion Group)
Was formed into Squad and no longer receive a Turn and instead 'act' on the squad leader's Turn

Rolls

Clone Sergeant - Leadership

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 2 Threat

Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm
"Commencing Operation "DROID DUMBSTER", I will now distract them from the roof."

Armed with his weapon V runs to the edge of the roof and kneels down, ready to shoot the first salve at the Dwarf spider droids. And here it goes, with a shout as lout as he can he looks above the edge down on the droids and shoots.

"YOU LITTLE DWARF SPIDER DROIDS DON'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST A WHOLE CLONE COMMANDO JUST WAITING FOR YOU ON THIS ROOF, COME AND GET US YOU DUMB FUCKS."

After V shouted at the droids he ducks again and moves along the edge, just to shoot again from a different position.

"COULLDN'T AGREE MORE, YOU DON'T STAND A CHANCE YOU, IDIOTS!"
OOC:
If we got Destiny points I'd like to use them.

Rolls

Deception Roll Vs. Dwarf spider droids

2 Advantage, 2 Threat

Sep 17, 2020 8:13 pm
Robobax says:
OOC:
If we got Destiny points I'd like to use them.
OOC:
You do in fact have Destiny Points. Though only (2) in total for the pair of you.

How did you want to make use of your point?
Sep 18, 2020 12:49 pm
Not exactly taking the bait the droids train their heavy blasters on the roof top, easily within range of the powerful cannons, and opened fire.

The bright red bolts of plasma tore through the parapet of the building, showering V with bits of crystal and metal as the blast sent him flying back and feeling as if he got hit by a speeder truck, struggling for breath as the wind was knocked out of him.

Many floors below the building shook and groaned from the impact with large chunks of the crystalline structure falling past the window Arius had taken position behind. Through the bluish tempered glass he could see that the powerful shot had caused the droid to loose his footing slightly, the heavy cannon tilting towards the ground.
OOC:
So a lot going on here ...

With the Triumph, V has picked up a Critical Injury (Winded) that means he can no longer suffer voluntary strain (to make additional Maneuvers). He also as suffered 14 Wound.

With the Threat rolled the Droid will suffer a Setback on his next roll targeting V and suffered Strain (which being a Rival means Wound).

We are now into the next Round with PC slots in the Initiative order.

Keep in mind that taking cover gives a [Setback] die to the Droids attacks.

Rolls

Droid1 - Gunnery (Long Range)

3 Success, 1 Triumph, 3 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Threat, 1 Triumph

Droid2 - Gunnery (Long Range)

2 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Critical Injury - (1d100+10)

(71) + 10 = 81

Sep 18, 2020 1:20 pm
OOC:
@Robobax - May I suggest that you flip a Destiny Point this round to say that V happened to grab some stimpacks (5) and use his Maneuver to move into the stairwell where he can then use a Maneuver his next Turn to use the Stimpack (healing 5 Wound).
Sep 18, 2020 8:16 pm
OOC:
I use the destiny point, to take the Stims Wow, guess I almost died...
Looking over the edge V sees the incoming fire of the the spider droids, but he was to slow. With an impact as strong as that a part of the roof breaks off and V gets thrown back over a few meters. Spitting blood in his helmet after he landed, on big rock, that broke of the edge landed with a heavy impact on his chest crushing his chest. So thats, were the blood comes from. Pulling the rock of his chest, he crawls heavily injured to the roof entry, accessing his com while spitting more blood.

"This is V... Uaaaghh....Commander, they didn't went near the wall, looks like they won't climb up to me. To be honest, lungs injured and I can't breath well...Pulling in some Bacta Stims, but I need a few.... These canons are... heavy.... And by the looks of it, we won't get them by shooting from the windows... They have heavy weapons, so I suggest, we try to use sewers to get them from the back, or use smokes, to get around them. Using cover only ends in broken covers and broken bones....."

With his last sentence he rams the Stim in his opened chest and puts the armor back on.

"Ahhhhhhhh, bacta..."

"Need no assistance, I'll be back in a sec and join you on the lower floors. Sorry Vode, my plan failed, but I'll get them for this spilled clone blood..."

Heavily injured, V passes out.
OOC:
This state of unconscious should only last for one or two rounds, because for the plot I don't think you just stand up after getting hit by a big shot so easily. Fucking triumph :D Anyway, the question stands, if the idea for the sewers or the smokes are possible. I heavily suggest to avoid direct conflicts, if don't want to loose any men. I'm only alive, because the gm was too nice to let me die by my first encounter. I make a resilience roll on how V reacts, I think thats suitable.
Last edited September 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Rolls

How V reacts after the attack in terms of unconsciousness

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Sep 19, 2020 12:32 am
OOC:
Love the narrative flair and while I agree that the average person probably doesn't get up right away these are trained soldiers with adrenaline pumping so I think it's fair to say that V gets knocked out or knocked silly for a few moments but he'll be able to act on his turn next round.

His Winded condition however will last until the end of the encounter so he won't be able to suffer strain to take too Maneuvers.
I'll make note of flipping the Destiny point and V now has (5) stimpacks that I will add to the Character Sheet. He would use his (1) Maneuver to move to the stair thus won't be able to take the stim this round but can do that on his next Turn.
Sep 21, 2020 6:30 pm
"Take the stairs, V, and pick me up on the way down."

Arius suggests.

"We should move on together. Combined firepower."

He dodges off, keeping low, aiming for the stairwell.

"Orders, Commander? I could try closing for a grenade, cause a distraction, but which way are we headed?"

Arius tries to meet up with V unseen from the droids for the moment. Not having a clue where the squad is headed, and having insufficient firepower to deal with the enemy from this range, there is not much else he can do. He curses himself for having come so lightly armed, although his reasons for it had been sound enough.
Sep 22, 2020 12:27 am
Commander Colt hit the lobby floor at a sprint, his heavy armored boots echoing loud on the crystal tile floors as he headed for glass doors, upending a desk enroute and settling in behind as he began barking orders for the Sergeant for he and his men to dig in and provide defensive fire.

"My thoughts exactly Trooper," came the grizzled ARC Trooper's response to Arius sensible plan, "though we'll use the grenades for effect not distraction."

Over the comms Arius could hear the Commander frustrated shouts as the rest of the squad seemed to be having trouble forming up.

The air vibrated with the droid's heavy cannon as they continued their barrage of V's position, who at the moment was safely in the stairwell, vainly attempting to shake the shell shock from his head.
OOC:
@Aspiroth - I assumed your action to be moving with in Short Range for your Maneuver and then converted an Action to a second Maneuver to find cover in the stairwell.

@Robobax - as per my previous post V will need to wait until next round to spend a Maneuver to take the Stim. He can also convert his Action to take a second Maneuver and begin to make his way down the building.

Rolls

Clone Sergeant Squad Formation - Dig In

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Sep 22, 2020 8:36 pm
Arius wondered for a moment what Colt thought he'd intended with his grenade. Throwing it into empty space? Shaking his head and realizing that V is not coming so soon, he decides to make a move immediately...

"Arius attacking from the rear, then closing."

Comes over the comms unit.

"V, support from the building if you can. Wait for explosion. Out."

With that, Arius finishes his descent to the ground floor, scoots across to the rear wall and, as quietly as he can, fabricates a new exit to the building....
OOC:
Aiming to exit the building around the corner from the droids and, should the corner be in range, throw his frag from there. If not, he'll turn the corner and advance in cover until he has range.
Ummm...are those rolls right?
Last edited September 22, 2020 8:49 pm

Rolls

Stealth

2 Success, 6 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 6 Advantage

Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm
"When did I sign up for this... Gimme a break..."

Sitting on the highest level of the building V knows exactly, that the way down will be goddamn pain. He ruffles himself and starts moving to the stairs going down. He contacts the Squad.

"Moving downstairs in my own pace. Don't wait for me and continue, if I don't reach rendezvous in time."

Having a tinnitus V overheard the call from Colt concerning the grenates. He just focuses on getting on the ground level to look for the others. Looking at the elevator in the penthouse, idea of taking it comes up to his mind, but fades away after picturing himself being shot down in the elevator by some of the spiders and falling all the way down into a crashing fireball.

"Then the stairs..."

Reaching the stairwell V looks all the way down. Feeling his injured chest and knowing fully well that breathing works like shit, the only thing that comes up his mind is... fuck...

"Thank god I'm not in the 501st, I've heard, that they had to climb a mountain for over 100 feet. Compared to that, the stairs are a joke, but still... the pain stays. Alright... there goes nothing...."

And so V walked down the stairs in steady tempo, with the omnipresent thought, that the only thing, that will make this mess even will be the biggest party in the 70's. God, a drink would be fantastic...
Last edited September 23, 2020 5:43 pm
load next

Thread locked