Gamers' Plane Chrome Extension

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Aug 21, 2020 3:29 pm
Well, I created a second account (Crawllock) and invited it.
If you use an incognito tab for one, you can log into both at the same time.
Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm
Yeah. I'll do that. I'm sure Keleth will forgive me for this special circumstance.
Aug 21, 2020 11:55 pm
I mean, you're doing the work people want from this site, so I can't really fault you for the work you do.
Aug 22, 2020 1:13 am
This is probably a great time to mention how much I love GP and that my effusive gratitude to Adam for his search function in no way reflects an overall criticism of the main site...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3cLYhUs6X216O7cXZjeu9K0D2OH9Uw8iLrJQlzV-Vt7H-y1ckpWT89ZwDucksDLkHFaKqkRpHhOUI2OJp8crHZl8tmGSokTyz4sWe34OOXhnoa631CVX3uj2Q93_wKofQYA7m-3FXqZsehOnvsX4wHi=w241-h306-no?authuser=0
Aug 22, 2020 3:36 am
One suggestion for the search function. A jump to post link on search results might be helpful, where you can go to that particular post's page instead of having it be isolated from its original context.
Aug 22, 2020 4:21 am
saevikas says:
One suggestion for the search function. A jump to post link on search results might be helpful, where you can go to that particular post's page instead of having it be isolated from its original context.
You can if you click on the title of that specific post :)
Aug 22, 2020 6:03 am
Moonbeam says:
This is probably a great time to mention how much I love GP and that my effusive gratitude to Adam for his search function in no way reflects an overall criticism of the main site...
This. If I didn’t love GP then I wouldn’t have written an extension for it.

If GP has prepared a beautiful and bountiful feast of PbP for us, then I’ve brought a small dessert over to say thank you (I wanted to get a pun in there about cookies, but the tech part of my brain rebelled - the extension doesn’t use cookies, it uses sync storage).
Aug 28, 2020 6:18 am
https://i.imgur.com/agWbbwL.jpg

The latest version has an Imgur upload button.
Click it. Select a graphic. It'll upload the graphic to Imgur and add the link to your post.

Imgur only(?!) allows 1250 uploads per day from that button. I think we'll be fine.

Other changes:
The forums on the RHS of the homepage are alpha sorted with the tavern at the bottom.
I separated dmg from the attack roll on the DnD character sheet integration.
Last edited August 28, 2020 6:20 am
Aug 28, 2020 3:20 pm
It's brilliant. Not sure if I can get it to work on my phone, too, but I'll try to figure that out.

Is it possible to expand the Search function to include user names? I recently found myself wanting to know when the last time a missing user posted in a game, and it didn't pick up their name unless I'd tagged them in a note.
Aug 28, 2020 3:26 pm
https://i.imgur.com/YInxcpO.jpg

No problem. Updated.
Sep 4, 2020 6:30 am
For those of you who aren't interested in messing about with GitHub to download the latest version - this is now in the Chrome Web Store. I know it says "store" - obviously it's free. GitHub will always be the best place to go for the latest code, but it's probably easier to install from the link below.

Link to extension

If you already have it installed from GitHub, then don't bother with the google version - it's the same code.
Last edited September 4, 2020 6:40 am
Oct 1, 2020 11:36 am
Fantastic tool, thanks for creating this!
Oct 1, 2020 11:40 am
You're welcome. I'm glad that people find it useful.

I should probably post the link the Firefox version too.
You can install the Chrome extension directly from here.

You can install the Firefox extension directly from here.
Nov 4, 2020 6:34 pm
I managed to get the Chrome extension working on my Galaxy S10. Needed to use the Kiwi browser in developer mode, but so worth it. Thanks again, Adam.
Nov 4, 2020 6:36 pm
You're welcome. (Adam wrote as he gave his iPhone a dirty look - Y U NO RUN EXTENSIONS!).
Nov 4, 2020 6:51 pm
You did? Yay! Never heard of the Kiwi browser though.
Nov 6, 2020 12:57 am
I finally got around to installing this, wanted to stop by and say thanks! It works wonderfully in my 'Fox. :D
Nov 6, 2020 1:03 am
I tried it too and it's an awesome QoL improvement! Thanks!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.