Gamers' Plane Chrome Extension

load previous
Nov 21, 2020 12:47 pm
I could see them immediately after forcing the update.
Nov 29, 2020 11:20 am
A small change request:
You have the One Page feature, which will show all treads in one viewing. It is useful for searching, but combersume if there are many (+20) pages. So but I would like a "Show last 2 pages".
I have several times gone to respond to new posts, and see that the latest page only have one post, while my fellow player's post are on the previous page.

Each page holds 20 posts. Let's say that my last post was post #76. When I log back in, the latest post is #82. The latest page contains only #81 and #82, while the previous page contains #60 to #80. I would like an option to see post #60 to #82

Does this make sense?
Nov 29, 2020 11:22 am
That makes a lot of sense. I often lose the plot when we skip over a multiple of twenty posts.
Dec 8, 2020 7:39 pm
I am terrible for asking but will do it anyway.
Any chance that your extension will be available on the brave browser? We talked about the browser at work today, and my prime reason not to switch is losing your extension in my firefox browser.
Dec 8, 2020 8:21 pm
No idea. They say Chrome extensions work in it.

It’s just css and js, and there’s very little browser specific code in it, but *shrug*. Try it, and let us know.
Dec 8, 2020 8:46 pm
so fare it looks good. (and grimm for my firefox)
Last edited December 8, 2020 8:46 pm
Feb 24, 2021 4:17 pm
runekyndig says:
A small change request:
You have the One Page feature, which will show all treads in one viewing. It is useful for searching, but combersume if there are many (+20) pages. So but I would like a "Show last 2 pages".
I have several times gone to respond to new posts, and see that the latest page only have one post, while my fellow player's post are on the previous page.

Each page holds 20 posts. Let's say that my last post was post #76. When I log back in, the latest post is #82. The latest page contains only #81 and #82, while the previous page contains #60 to #80. I would like an option to see post #60 to #82

Does this make sense?
There's now a "Backfill" button at the top of thread pages.

I've updated the homepage with the last five game posts. I've re-added the "Your Games" bit at BoS's request.

It warns you if you're about to leave a page where you've been writing a post.

https://i.imgur.com/2QH6sjm.jpg
Apr 7, 2021 2:31 pm
Question: The Latest Game Post button... Is it possible to extend the list beyond 20? There are a few of us* that are in a lot of games, and when they all update, some get lost, rolled off the bottom of the list like stampeding bison over a cliff. 30 games would be a good start.

* few = at least 1
Apr 9, 2021 6:51 am
PAGINATE_PER_PAGE is set at 20 server-side. There's nothing the extension can do about this.
Apr 9, 2021 12:55 pm
Thanks for checking. There used to be a Page 1, Page 2 at the bottom of the post list, but that's gone away. Guess I'll need to just manually check every game.
Apr 9, 2021 1:22 pm
Sometimes, the page 2 link appears there for me but it's not always there. Not sure what prompts it to show up
Apr 9, 2021 1:48 pm
How is that used? It only shows page 2 if is more than a week old? Because if I'm busy at work I routinely need page 2 for posts on the same day
Last edited April 9, 2021 1:49 pm
Apr 9, 2021 2:22 pm
Dunno. It's server code and I still haven't got docker working.

The code is the documentation:
https://github.com/rohitsodhia/gamersplane.v1/blob/master/includes/forums/ForumSearch.class.php#L39

My reading is that it should return a count of threads:
* with a game ID
* in forums you can access
* where there has been posting in the last week

But it's not the extension, so I don't really know.
Jul 14, 2021 9:51 am
Adam says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Is there a way to suppress YouTube vids from embedding? It's a useful feature in most cases but sometimes I just want the link and not the inline video. I thought they'd only embed when you use the youtube tag but even when I use the url tag they are embedding. Thanks!
Ah. That's the extension that's doing that. As more functionality is added to the main site, the extension becomes more redundant.
Is there any way I can suppress that feature in the meantime short of removing the extension or refraining from using YouTube links? I'm on an older laptop and with as few as two YT links on a page it's slowing Chrome down to a crash.

Thanks!
Jul 14, 2021 9:55 am
It's probably best to remove it then. Most of the functionality is slowly moving into the main site anyway, and I think I'll be deprecating it entirely soon.
Jul 14, 2021 10:08 am
Ok cool. Thanks for your help!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.