Mission/Chapter 3: A New Dark World

Aug 25, 2020 4:55 pm
OOC:
Here, the main party will enter first. Then Marcus/Vadimir will come in when I say they come across each other.
Aug 25, 2020 10:44 pm
Well used to discomfort, Reeve stoically ignores his complaining organs. He immediately check for danger, hand on his talwar. Seeing none, he checks to be sure his companions also travelled in one piece. Then he goes have a look at the iron gate.
OOC:
Did the researcher come with them through the gate?

Is the iron gate open or locked?
Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm
"Well, I for one was hoping for a beach."

He moves up to that iron door and checks it with Reeve.
Aug 26, 2020 12:47 pm
You see that the researcher also steps through with you. He remains silent, as if still comprehending what have been happening.

As Reeve and Gabrien checks the door, they find it easily swings out, but with a grinding squeak that echoes out. Then, there was a sudden flash of white light coming from somewhere in the other side. "Hey! What is that?!" Came a woman's voice that follows. There is what appears to be a larger stone chamber with similar other doors outside your current room, which you discern during the momentary flash. The light from the portal does not shine far, leaving the chamber in darkness again.

Then, there was a scream. It was not the same voice, but it was also female.
Aug 27, 2020 2:19 am
"We're gonna need some light"

Unless his comrades have a more efficient method, Reeve lights a torch from his explorer's pack.
Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am
Reeve went to light up a torch. The place feels like some kind of dungeon, as the walls and floor are made of cobblestones. There are signs of the ground being deformed, which is similar to the areas where the shadow creatures are. Then, dust seems to be falling from the ceiling as slight vibrations is felt.
OOC:
I'll count that now you guys do actions by rounds, as I'll admit threat is in the area. So Ash and Gabrien can do an action before Reeve.
Aug 27, 2020 12:22 pm
Gabrien prepares his bow ready to fire and he tries to mage sense of what they can see or hear.

Rolls

Perception (Specialized) - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Aug 28, 2020 12:30 pm
Ash's eyes dart around looking for a blind spot to look out from if someone comes to investigate into them if they come searching.
Aug 31, 2020 4:40 pm
Gabrien focuses deep in his surroundings. He picks up the footsteps of 2 individuals that are making their way over. While they are heavy, they are probably not the cause of the vibrations. However, the way the structure shakes does not feel to be a good thing, as it could cause a collapse if it worsens. Gabrien can also notice something strange, in that the opposite holding cell in the larger chamber seem to be emitting pulsing light through cracks in the wall facing opposite of the party.

Ash could hide beside the doorway to be in reach of attacking if needed while peeking into the outside.

The people approaches closer, and they are standing just shy of your starting room to the right. Apparently, this room is at the end of the chamber, where your left is stone wall, in front is another room with a glow, and the right leads to further down.

Suddenly, there was chilling groan, one of which is badly familiar to you as being from the big shadow monster you fought before. The people sounds worried. "Oh boy, sista! That is one of em' bigguns!" A male voice comments. Then, the light in the opposite room glows bright purple for a moment in the shape of a widening crack, before disappearing in darkness.
OOC:
Ash, could you make a roll for me to see how well you stealth? Also, it's now back to the party's turn
Aug 31, 2020 7:59 pm
OOC:
Sure, if skills are all the same I'm trained with an assett

Rolls

Stealth Check w/Effortt - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 1, 2020 10:53 am
OOC:
Which direction is the sound of the "bigguns"? Front where the light was or right where the people are?
Sep 1, 2020 12:03 pm
Gabrien looks out and takes a chance. To the two in the hallway, he says quietly, "Hey, over here. Got a second? We're friends, and we fight those shadow beasts."

Rolls

Trained in Persuasion (We're friendly) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Sep 2, 2020 1:44 pm
Ash keeps himself well hidden in the blindspot of the door. Gabrien speaks out, and the woman responds. "Who the Inferno are you?! How did you get here?! Ah shit, if you really are a Friendly, then help us dry out this new Leakage!"
OOC:
Reeve, roll perception to determine the sound location, the chamber is a bit echoey. Also, will Ash be remaining in hiding?

Rolls

Secret Roll

Sep 2, 2020 1:58 pm
"New, yeah. I love drying out Leakages." He glances at Reeve, shrugs, and moves toward the woman.
Sep 2, 2020 3:37 pm
Ash stays on overwatch waiting for a possible ambush regardless.
Sep 2, 2020 4:46 pm
OOC:
perception roll

Rolls

Intellect - (1D20)

(13) = 13

Sep 3, 2020 9:47 pm
Qralloq says:
"New, yeah. I love drying out Leakages." He glances at Reeve, shrugs, and moves toward the woman.
Reeve nods and follows Gabrien, ready for a fight.
Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm
Reeve's ears listen in to the rumbles and noises. The cracks of stone and wood are faintly popping off around the place as the shakes grow. The alien moans are coming from where the room where the light was. Pieces of stone can be heard breaking off and bouncing about in that room, as if something is breaking through the wall.

This is when everyone can tell something big is happening. There was another loud groan, and a spark of purple, and the hiss of something speeding in the air. That is when the two people used their strange machine to produce a blinding flash of light down the corridor chamber. You can see the silhouettes of hazy forms flying around the chamber like that of bats under the momentary intense lighting. They shriek as it somehow hurts them, but are still alive as the chamber returns to its darkness.
OOC:
Each of you who are watching this, make an intellect based roll. This is to see if you are blinded by this. Also, it's the party's turn again.
RoAries sent a note to RoAries

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Sep 12, 2020 1:49 am
OOC:
Rolling

Edit : Lol, I don't think Reeve is blinded :P
Reeve will move to the entrance of the monster's room with his torch.
OOC:
Not quite sure the distance here. Tell me if Reeve has actions left.
Last edited September 12, 2020 1:51 am

Rolls

Intellect (trained intellect defense?) - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Sep 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Reeve indeed was successful in shielding his eyes from the glare. He manages to cross the hallway with torch in hand, and avoids the shadow creatures avoiding him by darting to the ceiling corners of the chamber. He is now in front of the monster's room.
OOC:
I'll allow you to have a choice. Attack the monsters that is around you, or head straight into the room, but with no actions left.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.