Mission/Chapter 3: A New Dark World

load previous
Nov 10, 2021 5:07 pm
"Ah, seems to me you need an available exterminator. I'm free if you can explain to me why your members can be arrested and detained after saving a client."
Nov 20, 2021 5:55 am
There was a moment of silence as they turn to Reeve.

"Our members are being arrested for saving clients?" Hanson asked.

"If I may, I just also have read about this." The man with the tablet interrupted.
"Your new students have become wanted by the company known as Nouen-Penti. Apparently, they assaulted their office, but knowing how these types of businesses are like, their assets aren't as innocent as they publicly claim.

I was able to unearth more, er, less protected information. A mysterious man in armour was able to be immune to bullets as he ran around the place. Rumour was that it is a Stranger disguised as a human. I'm guessing that is supposed to be you, Reeve.

I'm not going to bother to question how you managed to make them think you are a monster, as I suppose that you have your ways. What I'm more interested in is what happened at that Leakage incident at the city docks.

The police had questioned the witnesses at the site. Apparently, Exterminators and an unidentified armed group have entered the locked down area. When the police investigated the Warehouse, no sign of the Leakage is found. Or even possible causes of it. No proof of the emergency exists other than the signs of a fierce fight, and the traumatised workers that survived.

Fortunately, we have one other clue as to what happened. The bad news is that it came at the cost of a veteran of ours being in danger. Well, he always like being in danger, what with him spending his retirement in the Strange, but we preferred if we don't completely lose him.

Why we know where he is, it's because we... Okay, I, had implanted a tracking chip in his body that tells us in which Recursion he currently is in. And right now he is in one called Super City. Ignoring its current positive branding, that place has organisations that can rival with our city's criminal companies in terms of nasty monstrous surprises.

Perhaps that is why Nouen-Penti is involved with the Leak-"

"Oh hurry to the point! I may be a granny, but Professor Dennis prattles on longer than me. We need you and your friends' help to rescue my friend. Speaking of which, where are they now, dearie?" Emily the counter lady cuts in.
OOC:
Reeve gets 1xp compensation.
Nov 20, 2021 1:24 pm
Quote:
"Oh hurry to the point! I may be a granny, but Professor Dennis prattles on longer than me. We need you and your friends' help to rescue my friend. Speaking of which, where are they now, dearie?" Emily the counter lady cuts in.
"I don't know, we got separated escaping the Nouen-Pati place. They went straight out, so they should be safe somewhere. I went back in to get our weapons back as most of the guard were to weak to stop me. Did not kill a single one by the way. Almost got them too, but then the Captain of the guard, a moderately strong fellow, took out some, how'd he call it?, a Radiation Gun yea. Nasty thing, make you boil from the inside. So I decide to bolt before I slip up. So the Laser Rifle you lend me and my Talwar I've been carrying since childhood are still in the hand of these ruffians.

By the way, the Captain basically told me me they were detaining us so we would not tell people they were involved in forbidden experiment at the warehouse. Couldn't tell you exactly what they were doing there, but there was a portal being fed by artefacts, a sorcerer, eh scientist type supervising and a bunch of monster guarding the place."

Reeve described what he'd seen to them in as much detail as they ask.
"My partners could probably tell you more once they show up, they are better than me at this stuff. In the meantime, will you do anything about our stolen gear? It would prefer not to be empty handed if I'm to go in a dangerous place to rescue your friend."
Nov 21, 2021 4:48 am
The guard of the Exterminator's Headquarter's basement widened his eyes.
"What?! You lost my gun?! Ugh, at least I know where it is, but not the means to get it without trouble. I'll figure something out, but since you say you have lost all your weapons to those troublemakers, I guess I could still offer you something basic in the meanwhile. This is only because uou are still trusted by my colleagues here. Just be sure not to lose it again, otherwise I might treat you like how I treat that bastard that sold off my equipment."
Nov 22, 2021 5:17 pm
Reeve give the guy a steely look.
"Can't say I was impressed by the Exterminator's status if you let your people be detained like that. Or was I supposed to shoot at the client then?"
The question is retorical.
Reeve addresses the others.
"Is the guy missing the one with the spear that was at the warehouse with us?"
Last edited November 22, 2021 5:18 pm
Nov 24, 2021 9:55 pm
Gabrien is well aware of the other cypher on the weapon.
[ +- ] Cypher 2
In time, the ghost takes its leave. 8 hours pass, and Ash is finally recovered. The doctor looks like he just had a hang over.

"Ugh, I don't understand why I agreed to sacrificing my job and safety for you guys. It is too late now, I guess. Is there anywhere you have in mind to go to? I don't think you really want to live in my house. I'll allow Ash to rest a little longer if he needs to, then we shall leave this dump."
OOC:
Gabrien gains 1xp for winning the fight with the ghost, and Gabrien and Ash gains 1xp as compensation.
Nov 25, 2021 6:36 pm
The guy answer back Reeve.
"If you are being shot at, you can shoot back."

Professor Dennis interjects.
"No, no! I mean, it will be your own discretion what you do out there. If you meet hostile individuals, you could choose to surrender peacefully, and maybe you could perform negotiations. Which I assume you did, sort of.

As for our status, I'm afraid we are roughly equal to the Nouen-Penti. While our organisation is older, our numbers are dropping over the years due to low pay and high risk, especially since the last Recursion war was about a century ago. And also, our clients are not well defined. Mostly we negotiate compensation with the owner of the area for our service of stopping the Leak before the police. For your case, that would be whoever runs the warehouses. The Nouen-Penti is likely a third party service provider, and they have somehow decided to detain our fellow Exterminators. Whatever business they were up to, it was probably embarrassing enough that they chose to risk making an enemy with us.

And yes, the one with the spear that followed you is our veteran that we need rescued."
Dec 7, 2021 2:56 pm
Alternative Bad End:
While Ash continued to sleep, the doctor quietly sneaked out. The effect of the cypher that controlled the doctor to save Ash and his friends have been broken, and the doctor is very upset at being manipulated by the enemy, which made him complicit in going against the dangerous company he was working for. He knows he has very little chance of surviving in the present recursion, and so he sought to offer himself to the Nouen-Penti to explain himself, as they can assess any assassin from all over the multiverse to hunt him down swiftly.

By the time Ash is well rested, the building he and Gabrien are in are surrounded by the armed men of the company. The doctor is grateful that his colleagues are still willing to listen to him explain that he was mind controlled by the Strangers.

However, what this meant for Ash and Gabrien, the outcome can be pretty clear...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.