Forbidden Lands anyone?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm
Hello,

Before I attempt to put together a Campaign Forum here I just want to know if there is an interest in anyone wanting to play in Forbidden Lands.

FORBIDDEN LANDS

In this game, you are not heroes sent on missions dictated by others - instead, you are raiders and rogues bent on making your own mark on a cursed world. You will wander the wild lands, discover lost tombs, fight monsters, and, if you live long enough, build your own stronghold to defend. During your adventures, you will uncover the secrets of dark powers lurking in the shadows and, in the end, you can be the ones to decide the fate of the Forbidden Lands.

GAME SYSTEM

This game utilizes the Year Zero Engine. If you have never played a game using this engine then please check out the OGL SRD document here: Year Zero Engine OGL SRD

If you have never played a game using this engine I think you will be quite surprised at how well it runs compared to some of our more classic games (d20, d100, et cetera), which I still enjoy btw. :)

I won't bog down this post with more details, this is just kind of fishing to see if there is any interest out there to try something new, or if you have a bit of experience with this game and would like to play let's do it. Please let me know. Thanks and happy gaming.
Last edited September 19, 2020 5:11 pm
Sep 19, 2020 5:00 pm
We just started a RL campaign in the Forbidden Lands. I'm a fan of the system so far.
Sep 19, 2020 5:10 pm
Yes. Year Zero games are fantastic in my opinion.
Sep 19, 2020 5:15 pm
I "grew up" with Drager og dæmoner, and forbidden lands got to reuse the artwork
Sep 19, 2020 5:18 pm
I'd like to try it out.
Sep 19, 2020 5:23 pm
It seems fun but I cant justify learning a new system right now with my schedule. I hope it works out well though.
Sep 19, 2020 5:25 pm
If you don't mind, I'd like to add this SRD to my list of free resources.
Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm
Squadfather44 says:
I'd like to try it out.
Thanks! I will also note: Im up for running ANY Year Zero game, but just thought I would pitch this one first. It is solid. I dont mind sharing the necessary things in game, but the srd link is pretty much all you would need.
Sep 19, 2020 5:34 pm
kalajel says:
If you don't mind, I'd like to add this SRD to my list of free resources.
Please do.
Sep 20, 2020 10:49 am
Year Zero Engine is the same system that Tales from the Loop uses, right?
Sep 20, 2020 1:30 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Year Zero Engine is the same system that Tales from the Loop uses, right?
You are correct. :)
Sep 20, 2020 2:59 pm
Seems like a curious choice for a fantasy setting/game. I can't really join another game right now but I would be interested in observing if this gets off the ground if that would be possible.
Sep 20, 2020 3:07 pm
Does one "observe" by making the game public? Am I understanding that correctly?

I'm not sure there is enough interest in this game/setting yet. But, if there is more than just one then maybe I can lift it off the ground. :)
Sep 20, 2020 3:20 pm
I'd join. I'm in quite a few games but I do have capacity, and I'm interested in the concept and system.
Sep 20, 2020 4:54 pm
Quote:
Does one "observe" by making the game public? Am I understanding that correctly?
Either making the game public and posting a link to the forum or just inviting me to observe, yes
Sep 20, 2020 5:52 pm
I got you @Squadfather44. So far it's you and maybe Qralloq.
Sep 21, 2020 2:07 am
I’ll be honest, this interests me, most of my games are ... well there’s only one or two that seem to move. I’d be interested in giving it a try.
Sep 21, 2020 2:38 am
By all means. That gives us around 2 to 3 players. Ill start prepping the game forum on the morrow'. :)
Sep 21, 2020 2:40 am
What do I need to do to get past a 'Maybe'? I can be cajoled into sending bribes.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.