CHAPTER 1: A GREAT UPHEAVAL

load previous
May 15, 2022 6:37 pm
Mathfuric says:

With a broad smile on his lips and sunlight gleaming off his dagger-sized chompers, "Hello Kahkaahwatee, I am Gronkxuxxi. You ssseem a little out of place with the company you keep, both fighting honourably."
Wat will pause in his care of the vulture mounts in order to politely respond to the owner of those very sharp and shiny teeth.

*Squak* "I am often" *Kaaaw* "out of place with the company I keep. I am the last." *chirrrrp*

Wat will execute a much quicker and shallower bow in Gronk's direction, before returning his attentions to the mounts' and any of their injuries.

"Evrik?" *trilll* "Some of these took wounds in our defense" *squak* "against N'Von's pet air elemental." *kaaaaaw* "Help?"
May 15, 2022 11:58 pm
Kuro tilts his head slightly at Evrik.

My upbringing as allowed me the study of many things. In my youth I used to think it was of more things that had no actual application or point. But the more I travel the more I have learned to appreciate those things all the more. I may not have your answers but perhaps I would have a clue as to where to find them.

Then will wait expectantly for his response
May 16, 2022 1:11 pm
CaveJohnson sent a note to Taillesswonder,Penguini
May 18, 2022 7:49 am
Gronk returns the bow to Kahaahwatee as it seemed the civil thing to do, while making a mental note that bows are a thing within feather society. As the scaled monk raises his head from the bow he is overcome with a bit of dizziness, causing him to stead his feet as he realises how many wounds he had taken.
Taking a slow breath Gronk moves off to sit upon the tower’s steps.
May 18, 2022 10:05 am
OOC:
I read that as bow (weapon) not bow (gesture) I was like when did he drop his weapon xD
The.giant stays out of the way slowly scooting to being behind the desk to "hide better"
May 18, 2022 12:58 pm
Hearing Wat describe the battle during his darkness, Evrik's posture eases a little. "My thanks for joining us against those others. I knew them to be bad but did not expect the reaction that they first gave you." He watches as Wat bows and realizes that during his fall to darkness, these new acquaintances have gained Wat's respect. Something that must be earned and is, in Evrik's opinion, something that should be highly valued. "I also thank you for the assistance given me. I only wish I could have done more for you all before I fell." Evrik also gives a slight bow of respect. "I am Evrik, son of Gorunn."

He then sees the giant as he makes his slight moves. Evrik then looks at the others "What was it that brought you here? Clearly you have met this being," he says as he nods toward the giant. "I know little about why the ones we traveled with wished to be introduced to him, but know they intended some sort of barter."

Zephyros

CaveJohnson

May 24, 2022 4:23 pm
OOC:
bump? It doesn't seem we are waiting on me?

The giant pulls out something that sounds like a.bag of chips and chomps into it, bag and all.
Near to the end of the introductions he points to Wat.
Zephyros
"You and your friend. I've seen you before? Is it you that mocks my dreams?"
He pauses as he was his finger. He then purses his lips tapping his chin with the other hand. "No, no." he then sits down in front of the desk. He give off puzzling looks as if you try to remember someone.
OOC:
That moment when you remember someone's face but can't for the life of you remember their name.
"Yes, your the one that stole my pie! A grave misfortune has," his face stops and his eyes glaze over. Only gibberish could be understood.
Moments later when Zephyros comes out of his stuper the points to both Evrik and Wat. "Your destiny is told. Be it now or later you have some heavy decisions ahead."
He then sits there resting, content that his talking was enough to answer everything.
May 24, 2022 5:15 pm
"Bloody giants" Mors mutters "The bigger the skull, the smaller the brain, that's what me mum always told me"
May 24, 2022 5:55 pm
Wat responds to the giant over his shoulder, being occupied with tending wounded.

"*Squak* "I have not seen you" *kaaaaw* "before today."

Wat continues attempting to assist and bandage any wounded vulture mounts, using whatever materials he can scrounge from the dead cultists.
May 24, 2022 8:42 pm
Evrik gives an elbow to Mors and then a quizzical look at Wat before looking back at the giant. "I beg pardon sir, but just as my friend here, I do not recall having met you before today." Evrik's demeanor turns very reverent. "With respect, may I ask, what is it you see of our destiny? Might we assist you in some way?"

Zephyros

CaveJohnson

May 27, 2022 1:11 pm
Zephyros

"I cannot speak of anything. To know or understand your destiny is to change everything. Then it'll no longer be your destiny. All I can say is you were ment to be here."
The giant does a tumble backwards and stand on his feet. He looks to Mors and Gronk. "Who are these two? "
May 27, 2022 2:13 pm
Mors cranes his neck to look up at the giant, "you tell me shorty" he grunts "it seems I'm with the guy what's meant to be here"

Zephyros

CaveJohnson

May 27, 2022 4:18 pm
Zephyros

He looks at the other small folk not understanding the dis laid his way.
" Oh. Good then good. They'll need the help."

Zephyros looks up taking in a deep breath.
"Ah, yes we are close. Another night perhaps."
He takes a step back and begins to levitate to the upper floor(s).
May 27, 2022 4:55 pm
Mors used to dislike giants. So tall, and arrogant, and tall. Now after seeing one of them levitate, he HATES giants. So tall, and floaty, and tall....

"I gotta cloud fer ya" he mutters as he lets out a sustained fart.
May 27, 2022 4:57 pm
Evrik looks at his companions with an even more puzzled look. "Well I'm glad we got that settled," he says to the giant. "So, what is it that we may need help doing?" Evrik asks.
May 27, 2022 6:13 pm
Penguini says:
So, what is it that we may need help doing?" Evrik asks.
Wat responds to Evrik's question.

*Squaak* "For starters, helping these mounts who took wounds" *Kaaaa* "in our defense. Use some of that healing magic" *trill* "on these who need it...please?"
May 27, 2022 7:54 pm
Kuro holds up his hand in an apologetic manner I’m sorry but that’s a skill I do not have.
OOC:
Where were we heading again? I forget and that fight went on for awhile lol
May 27, 2022 8:22 pm
"sorry..... sorry....... these stone eaters just get me hot under the collar" Mors grumbles. "I'll see to yer birds"

He becomes a completely different person around animals, all the gruffness fades away, and he's actually..... sweet.

"hullo pretty bird" he coos as his hands begin to glow "who's yer buddy eh? Mors is yer buddy!"

He gently lays his hands on the most injured looking of the birds, and continues on from there.
OOC:
until he runs out of spell slots of course

Rolls

cure wounds (Wis) - (1d8+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

(3) + 3 = 6

(7) + 3 = 10

May 28, 2022 12:42 pm
Gronk watches the interactions between all parties and ponders upon the importance of non-coherent conversation, while his body recovers from the pounding he took. After a short period he gets to his feet and walks over to help with the birds. "I wonder were we’ll end up the day after tomorrow, and whether thisss fine weather will follow usss." he casually says to Kuro in passing.
Last edited May 28, 2022 12:42 pm
May 28, 2022 4:30 pm
Kuro smiles at his scaled cousin agreeing with his expression but asking What do you make of these two? And I can’t make a lick of sense out of what that giant is spouting can you?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.