Hi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 23, 2020 9:36 pm
I have had a long break from PbP, but I am hoping to pick up the hobby again and this seemed like good place to do it.

I love good worldbuilding and storytelling, so I am willing to learn pretty much any system given the right setting and pitch. In the past, this has led me into PbP games on the giantitp forums using Call of Cthulhu, D&D 3.5, Dark Heresy, Demon the Descent, D20 Modern, Gnorman's E6, The One Ring, and Vampire the Requiem. I also once ran a PbP game there using Legend.

It has been a long time since I had a tabletop group to play with, but during Corona lockdown, I started a 5e campaign for my daughter and her friends. It is not easy to teach a group of 11-year-olds with no RP experience the rules over a video conference, but they are having a lot of fun now.

Finally, to save bowlofspinach the trouble: I have already taken a look at the New GP Member Guide and I am keeping an eye on the Games Tavern, but I have not yet checked out the Discord server. :-)
Last edited September 24, 2020 5:58 am
Sep 23, 2020 9:43 pm
Welcome runestone!

I'll save myself the introductory links then and will instead just wish you happy gaming
Sep 23, 2020 9:46 pm
SALUTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome and Rewelcome i guess :D
Sep 23, 2020 10:14 pm
Welcome!
Sep 24, 2020 12:50 am
Great to have you!
Sep 24, 2020 12:51 am
Welcome aboard
Sep 24, 2020 12:58 am
Welcome!
Sep 24, 2020 1:08 am
Hello and welcome!

Len

Sep 24, 2020 2:16 am
Hi Runestone, welcome aboard!
Sep 24, 2020 8:42 am
Thanks everybody. I am looking forward to playing here.
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome runestone!

I'll save myself the introductory links then and will instead just wish you happy gaming
I just realized that I mangled your name in the original post. Sorry.
OOC:
This is just an expriment to check the ooc functionality
[ +- ] Experiment
Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm
Welcome!
Sep 25, 2020 5:52 am
runestone says:
Finally, to save bowlofspinach the trouble: I have already taken a look at the New GP Member Guide and I am keeping an eye on the Games Tavern, but I have not yet checked out the Discord server. :-)
There should be some sort of award for people who familiarise themselves with the site before posting. We should call it the "Runestone Award" in honour of the first person to do so.
Sep 25, 2020 5:45 pm
Adam says:
There should be some sort of award for people who familiarise themselves with the site before posting. We should call it the "Runestone Award" in honour of the first person to do so.
:-)
I am probably just the first person to be smug enough to brag about it.

But seriously, if someone derserves an award, it is the people who regularly post in these threads to welcome newcomers.
Sep 26, 2020 8:19 am
I pretended that I read it and they let me in anyway.

Yeah. Bowl of Spinach is amazing in the way that they jump on these introductions. If their current career doesn't work out then they could always get a job as a bot.
Sep 26, 2020 1:23 pm
Bzzt... impossible. I am human. No need to send a captcha to prove it

You do not have permission to post in this thread.