OOC Chat

load previous
Apr 11, 2020 2:46 pm
I am back. I dropped my phone into a river on a hiking trip and had to start over. Took me a while to get everything fixed.
Apr 14, 2020 10:06 am
Good to see you're ok Kaos. I know Silent is pretty much absent, Awsmack is rejoining soon and just waiting on Santouche to respond.
Apr 14, 2020 12:31 pm
I'm here, I'm just admittedly a bit lost in the game at this point. I think what's tough in this moment (aside from the relatively low number of players and the virus situation) is that none of us except Kaos, even as players, have a real reference point for what's going on in town/with the sheriff because we weren't involved in the first chapter. But I sense we're pretty close to the end of this whole thing, so yeah, as long as there are still other players in the mix, I'm still here to press on.
Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm
Very good point. I think what I tried to achieve was some sense of mystery for what went before to have your characters thrust into a situation they didn't really understand. From Doc's point of view, the paranoia that Mathis was exhibiting, especially toward the law in Cobb's Corner's is now being shown to be real, as you see the deputy apparently at the centre of everything, sacrificing the towns folk to whatever is in the clouds above.

I think something key that was missed (and if we had more original characters than Mathis, this might have had a chance to roleplay out) is that the kids were always perceived as strange - the daughter of librarian, the students of the town's teacher that reported them drawing disturbing images and poems about "Mother", the withdrawn son of the town's eatery.

You're absolutely right though, the end is nigh, one way or another and I'd like to bring in some more active players to get things moving for the finale.
Apr 17, 2020 10:25 am
Mathis didn't like to talk about it unless forced too. He has seen some shit and it has made him slightly introverted. As a player I should have tried to pass more information but I couldn't figure out how with this character's personality.
Last edited April 17, 2020 10:25 am
Apr 17, 2020 12:24 pm
It’s all good Kaos, certainly wasn’t a criticism . It would have been nice to have more of the original team still onboard, but sadly that’s the nature of the beast. I see Meta has returned to GP. Shame Father Bill is hanging headless from a tree.
Jul 16, 2020 1:27 am
OK lets have a go at wrapping this up. I'd love to run episode 6 if anyone survives.
Dec 25, 2020 7:06 pm
Merry Christmas everyone!
Dec 25, 2020 9:15 pm
Merry Christmas!
Dec 25, 2020 10:05 pm
Merry Christmas everyone!
Dec 31, 2020 11:34 pm
Happy new year, everyone!
Jan 2, 2021 9:09 pm
Happy New Years!

KCC

Jan 4, 2021 2:25 pm
Hey guys. Gonna have to drop this game. Made the character a full month ago now, so I don’t think the pace is going to be for me! All the best with the game! Hope it’s a great one!
Jan 4, 2021 2:38 pm
That’s a shame. The pace will pick up once set up is complete and with festive season things have moved slower than normal but that’s fair enough KC
Jul 30, 2021 5:34 pm
So what's next?

Now I have a free slot on my roster I'm considered what to run next and I've been tempted for a long time to try to run Masks of Nyarlathotep, a massive campaign so I have two questions for existing players.

Have you played this campaign before?
Would you be interested in diving into something like this?
What sort of pace would suit your style?
Jul 30, 2021 5:58 pm
I would definitely be up for that! I haven't played Masks before, but have been eyeing the book. I listened to a podcast a while back that was doing the introductory chapter and thought it was good to the point that I stopped listening so as not to spoil it. As for pace, I'm good with whatever. If I could pick I would prefer a daily post to prevent having to reread to figure out where we are and what we are doing, but I understand that might not work for everyone.
Jul 30, 2021 11:47 pm
I have the book and prop kit for Masks, as well as have listened to the HPLHS audio drama (Dark adventure radio theater it's awesome) I'd love to play it, as it's one of the longest CoC games.
Jul 31, 2021 1:36 am
Sweet, that’s two. Limitar? Larry up for more madness?
Jul 31, 2021 1:31 pm
Sure! I have heard some bits on podcasts, but never played or browsed the material.
Jul 31, 2021 4:15 pm
Ok that’s three plus a new player that’s expressed interest , UmbralDragon. Four seems a comfortable number so I’ll get set up soon.

Once we’re you’ve joined you can remove you character from this game and apply it to the new one.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.