Harn World

Oct 5, 2020 4:31 am
I don’t know if anyone’s looked at this. I’m a map nerd and this game has some of the best fantasy maps out there. It’s published by Columbia Games and it’s pretty old. But the maps are gorgeous. Harn is a low magic world with a very solid dark ages Europe feel. The RPG system is brutally complicated, but if you like worrying about bleeding, amputations and infection feel free to have at it.

You can get the main island map for free off drivethruRPG and go from there. These guys have been working on this world for almost 40 years now. I met the main author once and saw many of his original maps
Oct 5, 2020 12:20 pm
In the 90s I played in two campaigns using Harnworld, one using the setting and the system and the other using Rolemaster as the system. I remember the setting being wonderfully detailed, and the system having great crunch (such as hit locations and variable armor by location).

Len

Oct 6, 2020 4:47 am
I love me some good fantasy cartography! Thanks for the tip!
Oct 6, 2020 11:11 am
I know Harn! You're right, it's a superbly fleshed out world. More material than I could ever digest probably, but impressive none-the-less.

On the topic of maps, check this insane map out: Combined Fantasy Lands
Last edited October 6, 2020 11:13 am

Len

Oct 6, 2020 2:58 pm
Wild.Die.Savage says:
I know Harn! You're right, it's a superbly fleshed out world. More material than I could ever digest probably, but impressive none-the-less.

On the topic of maps, check this insane map out: Combined Fantasy Lands
Awesome. Now we just have to fit this planet into the Traveller galaxy, which of course is a simulspace running in a matrioshka brain in Eclipse Phase!
Oct 6, 2020 3:18 pm
lenpelletier says:

Awesome. Now we just have to fit this planet into the Traveller galaxy, which of course is a simulspace running in a matrioshka brain in Eclipse Phase!
There's an Apocalypse World hack for that.
Oct 6, 2020 3:44 pm
All that's missing is Rokugan and Aventuria...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.