Hello - I'm new

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Oct 11, 2020 12:20 am
Hi everyone.

I've played D&D for decades, but also taken decades-long breaks, too. About a year and a half ago one of my kids (they're teens - 20s) asked if I'd be interested in starting up again and if I'd DM. Long story short I said yes and set about learning 5e. I had some parents involved as well as my kids' peers. We played consistently until the shutdown in early March and then pivoted to Roll20 and Discord. It worked for awhile, but it got hard for everyone and we stopped playing.

I'd come to really enjoy playing, but really didn't know how to go about finding another group. I'd heard about play-by-post but I've never done it, and thought it would be worth a try when I heard about this place on an old podcast episode. So here I am.

I'm probably going to stick with the 5e system since that's the one I know best at the moment. (I could probably do a 3.5e but I'm really rusty.) I value intrigue and storyline over power playing. As you might have guessed, I'm an older player.

Nice to meet everyone, and I hope I can find a game to play here. I'm open to suggestions if that's a thing.

ETA: I joined the discord and read the rules :)
Last edited October 11, 2020 12:23 am
Oct 11, 2020 12:25 am
Welcome Adar,

You ruined my usual welcoming post by already reading the rules and all that stuff, so I'll just say happy gaming!
Oct 11, 2020 12:28 am
Welcome!
Oct 11, 2020 12:36 am
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome Adar,

You ruined my usual welcoming post by already reading the rules and all that stuff, so I'll just say happy gaming!
Oh noes! Sorry to ruin the fun! I can forget them for you. I'm quite practiced at forgetting things.
Oct 11, 2020 12:37 am
Welcome Adar. Many of us are "older" and some are nearly adults, too. Hope you find some great games.
Oct 11, 2020 12:48 am
Welcome!

Len

Oct 11, 2020 1:03 am
Good to meet you Adar, welcome to the site!
Oct 11, 2020 1:31 am
Hello and welcome!
Oct 11, 2020 1:33 am
Welcome Adar! Glad to have ya, there's a lot of 5e on the site and all sorts of players 👍
Oct 11, 2020 2:29 am
Welcome aboard
Oct 11, 2020 3:26 am
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I will putter about and learn more about the system and hopefully I'll wind up in a game soon.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.