Interest Check | Star Wars Burning Wheel hack

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 12, 2021 6:40 am
optimumsquare says:
I'lll play if it ISN'T burning wheel.
Lol maybe some day I'll run a game using FFG in the same setting.
Jan 12, 2021 7:32 am
Hey nezzeraj I can step into either of those roles you outlined although while fairly familiar with Star Wars I have never seen Burning Wheel nor do I have it to reference things with -- would that be a problem?
Jan 12, 2021 7:44 am
DeJoker says:
Hey nezzeraj I can step into either of those roles you outlined although while fairly familiar with Star Wars I have never seen Burning Wheel nor do I have it to reference things with -- would that be a problem?
Yeah I am only accepting people who have the core rulebook and are familiar with the rules. Character creation is pretty complex and takes a long time, and if it turns out the game style doesn't appeal, it will feel like a major waste of time that I want to spare people. And I already lost one potential player during character creation and don't want a repeat of that lol. Thanks for showing interest though!
Jan 12, 2021 8:15 am
Okay so what if I shoot you a counter offer -- design a character and I will step in and take the reigns -- that way no wasted time in creating the character and I am sure I can pick up the game fairly quickly as we go -- further you can tailor the character to fit some in game element you might have wanted to have in place. Sound good?
Jan 12, 2021 10:02 am
I mean, no, it doesn't sound particularly good lol. The time wasted just shifts to me, as I will have to create the character, and there's no guarantee you will like the character. Burning Wheel is all about building a character from birth to the current time with lifepaths, and should be really tied to the player. There's also no guarantee you will like the game even if I did go through all the work of building a character. You may also be underestimating how easy a game is to pick up that you never heard of and don't own the book for. I don't really want to spend time explaining what an I: B4 M: B8 S: 12 VA 2 WS 3 Add 2 weapon is. I am specifically asking for players who know the system and own the book, which I don't think is a big requirement for a game.
Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm
Okay so be it -- but having played and helped design games I am sure that would have been a small hurdle and I have yet found a quality character that I did not like -- I focus on role-playing and a role is a role and the crunchy bits are only there to help define what can and cannot do and nothing more. Have fun searching for a rare commodity
Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm
Hey nezzeraj, how's it going?

I'll need to spend some time with the Lifepaths, but I can't pass up the opportunity again for some BW.

If you'll have me (as mentioned I have lots of experience with the system, having ran and played in a couple games here, and IRL, and done some tutorials for it too), I'm in.
Jan 13, 2021 1:04 am
emsquared says:
Hey nezzeraj, how's it going?

I'll need to spend some time with the Lifepaths, but I can't pass up the opportunity again for some BW.

If you'll have me (as mentioned I have lots of experience with the system, having ran and played in a couple games here, and IRL, and done some tutorials for it too), I'm in.
Cool, take your time. Just let me know when you have a character made and I'll send you an invite.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.