Hm... seems like you're using IE. Can I suggest a better browser, such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera? There are other choices too.

If you wanna stick with IE, or can't switch, I'll warn you right now, while most of this site should work with IE, stuff might come up buggy, so you might not enjoy it as much...

Interest Check | Star Wars Burning Wheel hack

Jan 12, 2021 6:40 am
optimumsquare says:
I'lll play if it ISN'T burning wheel.
Lol maybe some day I'll run a game using FFG in the same setting.
Jan 12, 2021 7:32 am
Hey nezzeraj I can step into either of those roles you outlined although while fairly familiar with Star Wars I have never seen Burning Wheel nor do I have it to reference things with -- would that be a problem?
Jan 12, 2021 7:44 am
DeJoker says:
Hey nezzeraj I can step into either of those roles you outlined although while fairly familiar with Star Wars I have never seen Burning Wheel nor do I have it to reference things with -- would that be a problem?
Yeah I am only accepting people who have the core rulebook and are familiar with the rules. Character creation is pretty complex and takes a long time, and if it turns out the game style doesn't appeal, it will feel like a major waste of time that I want to spare people. And I already lost one potential player during character creation and don't want a repeat of that lol. Thanks for showing interest though!
Jan 12, 2021 8:15 am
Okay so what if I shoot you a counter offer -- design a character and I will step in and take the reigns -- that way no wasted time in creating the character and I am sure I can pick up the game fairly quickly as we go -- further you can tailor the character to fit some in game element you might have wanted to have in place. Sound good?
Jan 12, 2021 10:02 am
I mean, no, it doesn't sound particularly good lol. The time wasted just shifts to me, as I will have to create the character, and there's no guarantee you will like the character. Burning Wheel is all about building a character from birth to the current time with lifepaths, and should be really tied to the player. There's also no guarantee you will like the game even if I did go through all the work of building a character. You may also be underestimating how easy a game is to pick up that you never heard of and don't own the book for. I don't really want to spend time explaining what an I: B4 M: B8 S: 12 VA 2 WS 3 Add 2 weapon is. I am specifically asking for players who know the system and own the book, which I don't think is a big requirement for a game.
Jan 12, 2021 5:09 pm
Okay so be it -- but having played and helped design games I am sure that would have been a small hurdle and I have yet found a quality character that I did not like -- I focus on role-playing and a role is a role and the crunchy bits are only there to help define what can and cannot do and nothing more. Have fun searching for a rare commodity
Jan 12, 2021 5:46 pm
Hey nezzeraj, how's it going?

I'll need to spend some time with the Lifepaths, but I can't pass up the opportunity again for some BW.

If you'll have me (as mentioned I have lots of experience with the system, having ran and played in a couple games here, and IRL, and done some tutorials for it too), I'm in.
Jan 13, 2021 1:04 am
emsquared says:
Hey nezzeraj, how's it going?

I'll need to spend some time with the Lifepaths, but I can't pass up the opportunity again for some BW.

If you'll have me (as mentioned I have lots of experience with the system, having ran and played in a couple games here, and IRL, and done some tutorials for it too), I'm in.
Cool, take your time. Just let me know when you have a character made and I'll send you an invite.
2 of 2
< 1 2

You do not have permission to post in this thread.