Interest Check - Liminal RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 7, 2020 5:09 pm
Greetings! I'm new to Gamers Plane, but not new to gaming or PbP (or, PbF, if you prefer). I am looking to start up a new game to give the site a spin, and have most recently been bitten with the urban fantasy bug preferring a system published through Modiphius called Liminal. (There is a Quickstart at the link, and I have all of the books so I can share if people are curious.)

I have a background and setting already in progress, and could get something up and running if people might be interested. To see some of the ideas, you can visit a campaign site here.

In short, the hidden (liminal) world that exists alongside our own is threatened with exposure. Some who exist or know about this world say it is about time that they come into the open, others fear the change that might come about by such a revelation. What direction the campaign might take (stave off the revelation, survival in the world as it is, solving mysteries, or something else) will be entirely up to the characters.

So, I am interested to know if there are any possible takers for this before I put together a game here for it.

Thanks!
Nov 7, 2020 6:21 pm
I just had a quick look at the game, and it looks very interesting.
Nov 7, 2020 6:50 pm
TheFoxofFinch says:
I just had a quick look at the game, and it looks very interesting.
The system is easy to manage and to tweak, and the setting is far less involved than something like World of Darkness. It is also very customizable.
Nov 7, 2020 6:55 pm
Plus it’s set in England :D

I’ve not played world of darkness yet
Last edited November 7, 2020 6:56 pm
Nov 7, 2020 6:59 pm
TheFoxofFinch says:
...England...world of darkness
Sounds about right.
Nov 7, 2020 7:11 pm
I'd give it a spin if you get the players you need to launch -- not sure but the two previous just seemed to be making comments so not even sure if they were interested or just commenting ;)
Nov 7, 2020 7:40 pm
Adam says:
TheFoxofFinch says:
...England...world of darkness
Sounds about right.
Hahahahaha
Nov 7, 2020 7:45 pm
I will add my serious interest for Liminal. I have a few supplements and what I've read looks really cool.

I'm deep into World of Darkness, but I don't assume that it does urban fantasy the best, and love trying new things.
Nov 7, 2020 8:02 pm
I’m definitely interested btw
Nov 7, 2020 9:45 pm
Having played in and run games in both systems, I will say that WoD has a lot of positives going for it, but simplicity is not one of them. Liminal brings things down to Earth, so to speak, and I believe it will work better in a PbP environment.

Since it seems there may be enough takers to give it a spin, I will start on setting a game up tomorrow (I'm at work today). I'll announce the links here when I get them finalized (tomorrow or Tuesday at the outside if all goes well). I'm spending today reading up on Gamers Plane and tinkering with it to get a feel for what I can do with it.

Feel free to check out the support site as I may well be adding more detail to that over the next couple of days as well.

I'm looking forward to giving the site a spin!

Now, if only this site would give me an email alert when new posts are made to a subscribed thread ... hmmm ...
Nov 7, 2020 9:46 pm
Ah! Found out there WERE email replies - they were going to Spam! That has (hopefully) been corrected.
Nov 8, 2020 1:15 am
TheFoxofFinch says:
I’m definitely interested btw
Outstanding! I'll send an invite when I have something set up!
Nov 8, 2020 1:25 am
Scabard looks pretty. I may need to explore that as a potential resource. If it's open to foreign scum like me.

KCC

Nov 8, 2020 4:00 am
I could jump in if numbers need made up!
Nov 10, 2020 7:47 pm
I'm working on it today, so hopefully I will have something to link to here by this evening!
Nov 10, 2020 8:38 pm
Cool I posted a request to join -- if you need help with setting up I can perhaps lend a hand -- I am a rather old hat at that kind of thing for PbP games
Nov 10, 2020 10:42 pm
Greetings!

I have opened the game up, and am still working my way through the mechanics of the threads. I should have a Character Sheet template up by tonight, or, tomorrow. I also have a small flavor post I expect to post up once I have organized a few things.

I am learning the mechanics of the site and wholly intend to be able to start actual gameplay by the weekend if enough players are ready.
Nov 11, 2020 3:33 pm
Okay can you accept my request to join so the game pops up in my games list -- otherwise I have to keep coming here to get to the game and also am not considered part of the game until you accept the request to join -- thanks
Nov 11, 2020 4:20 pm
Same, I've also applied.
Nov 11, 2020 4:52 pm
I have accepted 2 Join Requests thus far.

I am examining some other active game sites for ideas on how to structure my pages and will be creating subforums for Character Creation and other important rules (such as "X card") and any house rules.

More to come today ...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.