[FULL] Pathfinder 1e - Celestial Opposition

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 10, 2020 4:21 pm
Game is currently full, thank you!

Thanks for stopping in! I have a pretty big custom Pathfinder game planned, one that will actually start out with 4 separate parties. (10 player slots total, as I will be playing 2 of 12 total characters that will reach the ultimate goal.)
Quote:
"Prophets and oracles all over have cried out about the danger the gods are in. A story, once a forgotten legend, has become the only hope for mortals to help save their gods."
If this little snippet interests you, I have a google doc prepared so you can view most of the major setting details without having to join the game or poke around anywhere else. Here's the link to that.

It will eventually (not at the start) be using the Mythic ruleset and I have plans to go all the way to level 20.

I do know that this is a rather ambitious game. I have something like 14 years of roleplaying experience on forums, and 4 years of experience playing Pathfinder. While I'm not a first time DM, this is not my first attempt to run this campaign. Scheduling conflicts and sudden unannounced inactivity have killed this game numerous times before. I'm running this in tandem with an offline group that prioritizes a different game, but this is honestly the ideal form for this story. My first attempt at running this with 10 players online in a PbP format went very well, if not for the fact that the pandemic started shortly after the game started. I'm currently full-time employed and a full-time college student, so I'm not insanely strict with posting frequency. 3-4 times a week is what I prefer.

Do check out the document I linked for more information. And if you're interested, maybe go ahead and apply!

I'll be keeping an eye out here to answer any questions that could make or break this decision for you.
Last edited December 15, 2020 1:08 pm
Nov 10, 2020 4:27 pm
Wait let me clarify something -- you are going to be playing 2 GM PCs or 2 GM NPCs or did I read that wrong? If I did not read it wrong then these 4 separate parties will presumably be 3 characters each -- so 2 parties made up of 3 PCs and 2 parties made up of 2 PCs and 1 GM/?C
Last edited November 10, 2020 4:28 pm
Nov 10, 2020 4:28 pm
DeJoker says:
Wait let me clarify something -- you are going to be playing 2 GM PCs or 2 GM NPCs within these 4 separate parties presumably of 3 characters each -- so 2 parties made up of 3 PCs and 2 parties made up of 2 PCs and 1 GM/?C
I'm going to classify them as GM PCs, since they are dedicated members of those parties. I've tried other methods of including these particular 2 characters but the distance that NPC status puts between them and the party just doesn't work well.

So you're correct-- 2 parties will have 3 PCs, and 2 parties will have 2 PCs and 1 GMPC. 4 parties total, 3 characters each.
Last edited November 10, 2020 4:29 pm
Nov 10, 2020 9:00 pm
I'll take a spot in your multi-game. I've had 22 years experience playing pbp and 42 years overall playing rpgs starting with AD&D 1st ed. Haven't played Pathfinder in a while but I've got the rules lying around here somewhere and remember that there is little difference between it and D&D v3.5
Nov 12, 2020 11:17 am
I’ve been wanting to play pathfinder for ages. So if there is still a space open when you get it up and running I’d like to be considered please
Nov 12, 2020 12:49 pm
TheFoxofFinch says:
I’ve been wanting to play pathfinder for ages. So if there is still a space open when you get it up and running I’d like to be considered please
Sure thing. Some parties are already all set to go so I would call it finished. I'll invite you to it, slots have been filling pretty quickly.
Nov 13, 2020 7:33 pm
Thanks Spooki. I joined, I’ll get something rolled up tonight
Nov 15, 2020 6:47 pm
Currently I have 9/10 players for this game. Therris is the only remaining starting location and that party could honestly use a tank (currently a witch and ranger), but anything goes.
Nov 16, 2020 5:24 pm
If you have a spot left, I'll put my hat in the ring.
Dec 13, 2020 1:44 pm
We have a slot in the Ashdra party open, currently we have a Cleric and a Slayer in this party. Since we have already started, your character will have already started as well and will be written into the current party along the way.

I'll be PMing details about the quest when you're accepted. With two melee in this party, it's a good opportunity to make a dedicated caster.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.