Conan RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 11, 2020 9:02 pm
The Conan Role Playing Game has now become available as a humble bundle - here is the link

Does anyone fancy a game in Hyboria? I am happy to be either a player or I am DMing two games at the moment but could probably stretch to a third.
Nov 11, 2020 10:46 pm
It certainly has an interesting character creation system.

I'm game if a GM materialises.
Nov 11, 2020 10:50 pm
Yes, certainly. Wanted to play this since hearing the rave reviews on the Grognard podcast!
Nov 11, 2020 11:08 pm
I've been running one here since a prior Bundle of Holding for Conan books, setting my game in Khitai. I think the excellent Momentum mechanic has been harder to manage in PBP, but otherwise I like the way the players have picked up the system.
Nov 12, 2020 10:54 am
@Qralloq - any space for @dankel, @Carabas, and I in your existing campaign?
Nov 12, 2020 2:03 pm
No, that one is full and near the pivotal climax.

I'm not opposed running a new one for the three of you, though, especially if we use an existing adventure to start. (I'm in the middle of NaNoWriMo so my noodling-up-homebrew time is limited.)
Nov 12, 2020 2:32 pm
I would be really up that Qralloq, if I could do an adventure as a player I would certainly consider running a game as a DM in the future when I'm more familiar with it
Nov 12, 2020 2:49 pm
Great with me. I'll dig through my books, I have almost all of the published Modiphius Conan books and I'll choose one.

Call out any requests for themes or locations early. We'll get this started tonight (NA time).
Nov 12, 2020 3:03 pm
I'd be up for joining this game if you'll have me. Additionally, I'd be up for a GM swap as well and would be happy to run something in exchange. Fair?
Nov 12, 2020 3:29 pm
You're always welcome to my games, Phil.
Last edited November 12, 2020 3:31 pm
Nov 12, 2020 3:55 pm
I'd be interested in trying this. I played a brief game back when it was in playtest but I don't think it was quite all there, but it had some good ideas.
Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
@Qralloq, that's fantastic, thank you. I would also be up for DMing the system once familiar with it
Nov 12, 2020 4:59 pm
That's cool, GreyGriffin. I think that makes 5 which is a good size.
Nov 13, 2020 12:06 am
I've chosen a scenario and launched the game. I'll accept the five here as soon as you apply.

https://gamersplane.com/games/2868/
Dec 3, 2020 1:56 am
If some one drops out, Email me! I read the original stories. Don't know the game, but would trade a black lotus to get into a game.
Dec 3, 2020 2:23 am
Hmm The Black Lotus... Who do I need to kill!
Dec 4, 2020 3:38 am
Wow this post made me check out the sourcebook... Very cool character creation system!
Dec 4, 2020 4:24 am
There is a spreadsheet you'll be able to find to help with looking up things and randomly generating characters, but the automatic recalc shuffles things every time you edit the sheet. Annoying when your skills change on you.
Dec 4, 2020 5:58 am
Yeah that doesn't sound too great, I like everything except the recalc ;)
Dec 4, 2020 6:43 pm
Please keep me in mind for the next Conan game that pops up, whoever it may be run by.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.