Interest Check: Shinobigami

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 14, 2020 11:47 pm
Any interest in playing Shinobigami?

Shinobigami is a rules lite narrative RPG from Japan with some board gamey elements. Ninjas doing anime style badassery, fighting to get the Prize. A fair amount of the game is designed around intrigue, with relationships and secrets being a major part of the game. Popular in Japan for being quick and easy to play.

Here's a brief overview of the gameplay...
...and a brief overview of the basic rules here.
Nov 15, 2020 12:08 am
By the way, if you don't have the rules, you don't have to worry, since they're simple enough for me to paraphrase.
Nov 15, 2020 9:34 pm
I might be willing to give it a try. I kickstarted the English translation, so I have the rules PDF.
Nov 15, 2020 10:46 pm
I'll give it a shot.
Nov 16, 2020 6:08 pm
If anybody else is interested, I'm thinking that 4 players would be an appropriate number for a game.
Nov 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Looks interesting. I'll give it a try. I don't have the rules though, so I'd be relying on you. I'll probably buy it if I enjoy, but I'd prefer to test it out first with you.
Nov 16, 2020 11:43 pm
Sounds good to me, I'm writing the rules summary right now actually.

That leaves one more person.
Nov 16, 2020 11:50 pm
Was on the fence a bit about another set of new rules but I can give it a whirl the concept seems interesting enough. That is if you will have me as I might be the same boat as Chalrytharendir
Nov 17, 2020 3:57 pm
Awesome thanks! Give me a shout once you're ready. I noticed The One Shot Podcast had a play through of it. I might listen to that to get a feel for how it works too. Unless you think they might be using the same starter seed or something that will spoil our game. Although I get the impression this is the type of game that is very different each play through even with a similar starting premise.
Nov 17, 2020 7:03 pm
Sent out invites. You guys can start making your characters. Ask in the discord if you have any questions.
Nov 21, 2020 7:16 am
If anybody else is interested, there is still space to join. We have three people so far who have joined, willing to take up to 6.
Nov 22, 2020 2:39 am
It sounds fun, but never seen it. Is a newb welcome?
Nov 22, 2020 3:15 am
Yes, pretty much everyone in the game is new to the game. I also got a rules summary up for those without the rules.
Nov 24, 2020 1:43 am
I've invited you to the game if you want to check it out.

If anybody else wants to join, here is the link to the game.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.