Hunter: the Vigil - Neighborhood Watch

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 20, 2015 10:47 pm
Edit: I've come back to this game and I do want to use the God Machine rules. I've resurrected this old post to find players for a game I never got off the ground. You might have to go to page 2 to see my first post for this revival.

So, I've always wanted to run a Hunter game in the Tier one level, just regular people running across strange stuff and dealing with it. And, since I'm new to this site, I want to run a game here and see how well the set up works.

The game will use the New World of Darkness rules. I know God Machine is the new hotness and has some cool changes, but I feel like straight Hunter right now. I'm not interested in hacking that stuff into Hunter right now. The characters will start as hunters, so they'll already have encountered the supernatural in their lives. Everyone will live in the same neighborhood.

Any interest?
Last edited April 15, 2015 2:54 pm
Jan 21, 2015 1:53 am
So I do have a World of Darkness character sheet programmed, though I don't know if its what you need. If not, you can make a custom game and we can figure out what character sheet you do need, for me to add.
Jan 21, 2015 2:50 am
I just looked it over and that is for the correct version. There are some additional fields for Hunters, but we can stick them in notes. That is, if there's interest enough for me to run it.
Jan 21, 2015 2:53 am
Can those of us without the book join the game?
Jan 21, 2015 4:50 am
Of course! We can make that work.
Jan 21, 2015 1:08 pm
Score! Count me in, then. I played Hunter: the Reckoning, does that count? :p
Jan 21, 2015 3:52 pm
Lol, it's a very different game. Where characters in the Reckoning are granted powers from some strange force, those in the Vigil mostly are regular mortals. Some of them have powers, but this game isn't going to be about those characters. At Tier 1 play, we're all just taking the fight to the monsters because it needs done and have no outside connections. Tier 2 is about making connections between different Hunter groups and Tier 3 is about world spanning organizations that fight monsters.
Jan 26, 2015 6:39 am
Only one player interested so far. Anyone else?
Jan 26, 2015 2:59 pm
Would love to play but cannot keep up with what I have already committed to considering my rather busy IRL schedule. Best of luck finding players as I would love to at least follow a Hunter game.
Jan 26, 2015 3:12 pm
Very cool Azzorak! Thanks for replying.
Jan 29, 2015 10:32 pm
Count me in. I've played a fair bit of nWoD core-book. Tried 'Mage' but struggled to connect with a character with such ridiculously amazing abilities. Similar with Changeling. I reckon Hunter is right up my street, though.
Jan 30, 2015 1:44 am
Yay, RPGGamerDad is here! W00t!
Jan 30, 2015 1:48 am
This is starting to become an RPG Academy network party :p
Jan 30, 2015 2:26 am
If it's a party, I'll bring the chips and dip!
Jan 30, 2015 3:45 pm
It's where all the cool kids hang out! Woo!

I think we can get started with two players, though I think it'd be fun with more. I'll create the game this weekend.
Jan 30, 2015 4:54 pm
Word! I'll bring the carrot, pepper and cauliflower sticks. And then eat them all myself. Because MY FOOD BELONGS TO ME.
Jan 31, 2015 3:09 am
Lol. Wow. Selfish much?

Now the main villain is going to be killing people because they keep eating his food. You called it.
Jan 31, 2015 3:26 am
Ok, game has been created.
Jan 31, 2015 11:12 pm
Ditto! Looking forward to this. Maybe my character's vice should be gluttony.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.