Title goes here

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 10, 2016 4:48 pm
Hi !

I gave in to temptation and decided to join Gamers' Plane. So, here I am - and I don't have the slightest idea as to what to say to introduce myself.

Oh, important point, though : English is not my mother tongue. Though I do my best, I hope you'll excuse any mistake I could make. Don't hesitate to ask for precisions if what I'm saying doesn't make sense.

When it comes to tabletop rpg, I have a bit of experience. I've played at quite a few tables : D&D (let's just pretend that D&D 4 never existed), Pathfinder, Scion, Cthulhu, Hollow Earth Expedition, Shadowrun 4, Metal Adventure, Ars Magica... I tried a bit of Vampire the Mascarade and Star Wars Edge which were great ! I'd love to try Fireborn, too. I've DMed a few sessions, mainly for D&D 3.5 or a homebrew system. I have a few more systems which rules I read without using them (looking at you, Eclipse Phase).
Globaly, I prefer fantasy or sci-fi games - something wildly different from our world.

Anyway, I look forward to join the discussions here !
Apr 10, 2016 4:49 pm
Hello and welcome to our asylum. As for gaming we have a little bit of everything. So finding something shouldn't be hard. Everyone on here has been great and don't worry about the language thing. Your post was spot on. Enjoy.
Last edited April 10, 2016 4:51 pm
Apr 10, 2016 4:51 pm
Welcome and don't worry some might say most of us do bot know english well either. ;-)
Apr 10, 2016 4:56 pm
Welcome!
Apr 10, 2016 5:42 pm
Hello and welcome.
Apr 10, 2016 5:44 pm
Thank you for the warm welcome ! =)
Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm
Welcome aboard! Lots of fun to be had here at the 'plane.
Apr 10, 2016 10:17 pm
Welcome Spades! Seems you have a good idea on what you want to tackle while you're here. If you don't mind me asking, what is your native tongue? Do you think you'd prefer to GM or play? Or both?
Apr 10, 2016 10:42 pm
Welcome aboard Spades! I guarantee you'll have a blast!
Apr 11, 2016 5:14 am
Welcome to the the plane!
I'm kinda new myself, but I think things here are pretty much what hoped for, so I bet you'll find a good group or three to get things going for ya!
Apr 11, 2016 1:56 pm
Thanks to all of you !

Keleth > I don't mind at all. My mother tongue is French, but I hope I'll have a chance to refute the reputation that french people are terrible at foreign langages. As for games, I'd rather play in a first time, though GMing would be nice once I'm accustomed to the system and tools ^^
Apr 11, 2016 3:55 pm
If you didn't mention you were speaking another language, I would have never known, heh. Well, maybe wondered, but I wouldn't have really known, so no worries! Hopefully you find a game you like soon!
Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm
Keleth > Well, that's reassuring ! I was affraid not to be able to make sense.

So, time to start looking for a game /o/
Apr 11, 2016 4:25 pm
Welcome! Youll be so glad you signed up!
Apr 11, 2016 4:27 pm
And I have one spot left if you fancy a bit of Cthulhu!
http://gamersplane.com/forums/thread/1822/
Apr 12, 2016 6:58 am
Thank you, Knifesedgegames ! I you don't mind, I'll leave the last spot to someone fonder of Cthulhu than I am. It's very nice of you to have proposed it, however ^-^

You do not have permission to post in this thread.