OOC Thread

Dec 1, 2020 1:42 pm
Perhaps we can use this thread for OOC comments, suggestions, questions, or ideas. Just to keep things from cluttering the main page or keeping them on the Character Creation thread. (Still working on how to best organize myself on these forums - I'll be stealing ideas from some other games, and thanks again to all of you for the helpful links early on!

Also, AWESOME intro for Eddie, TheFoxofFinch!

KCC

Dec 1, 2020 1:56 pm
I think we can probably clear alway all those OOC posts in the main game now. Make the place look a bit tidier. :D
Dec 1, 2020 5:19 pm
cdwjava says:

Also, AWESOME intro for Eddie, TheFoxofFinch!
Dec 1, 2020 8:42 pm
Qralloq says:
OOC:
So we're not going with the backstory we came up with, then.
Okay Qralloq I was not aware we had solidified anything in regards to Eddie/Patrick and Sprout --- I mean we kind retro'd in a pre-connection with Patrick and Yanric on the fly --- and while I know we discussed a potential connection between Eddie (and thus Patrick) I was not aware we had solidified that into an actual working relationship prior to this point in time -- my understanding is this was our "initial" meeting

Now however in order to save perhaps any pre-conceived connections perhaps Sprout and Eddie know each other and Patrick has just not met Sprout as of yet and is unaware that Eddie even knows him but you and TheFoxofFinch would need to solidify that before we go too much further -- and then Eddie can point out he knows Sprout

Again my apologizes as I was under the impression (as stated when the on the fly connection between Patrick and Yanric was instated) that no one (except Patrick/Eddie -- and Kebi/Yanric) knew one another and this meeting is our meet-in-greet session
Last edited December 1, 2020 9:31 pm
Dec 1, 2020 8:51 pm
No, no problem with your direction. We had worked on it a bit, then the whole idea was ignored. I was expecting that it went by the way side.
Dec 2, 2020 3:26 am
Probably my fault for rushing into the roleplay, so I will toss my hat in as lending to any miscommunication.

My working theory is that you have all come together - likely through Kebi's prodding, and for reasons of her own (that may be befuddling to some) - for their shared goals, and, perhaps a few of their own. It doesn't mean they are all best buds, or have learned to rust or tolerate one another, yet.

We can work roleplay and inner monologue to address any details of prior meetings (if any) if that is okay with everyone?
Dec 2, 2020 3:55 am
Oh I think Patrick has learned to Rust a couple of them ;)
Last edited December 2, 2020 3:55 am
Dec 2, 2020 4:45 am
DeJoker says:
Oh I think Patrick has learned to Rust a couple of them ;)
Eh ... oops! That shoulda been "trust" ... with a "T". :)
Dec 2, 2020 1:51 pm
Some strong misunderstandings early can lead to great reconciliations later. There's nowhere to build relationships if we're all lovey dovey on day one.

Just remember that they're characters, not players.
Dec 2, 2020 2:18 pm
Communicate by post - that was very very good hahahahaha
Dec 2, 2020 2:51 pm
I role play the character at all times and what the character is often is not who I am -- to me it is just like acting -- which is why I suggested pre-building relationships and connections ahead of time to help smooth over any rough spots that would require not acting within character for anybody
Dec 2, 2020 8:32 pm
My thought is that the roleplay should create a good story. A god story often involves conflict. And, even when things seem to be going good for the protagonist(s), something happens to build tension and some form of conflict. It might be internal, it might be external, it might be a secret that could come out, an act that might cause harm, or any of a hundred different things. So, I am all for conflict ... and would like to remind us all that any conflict originates from (a) the CHARACTERS, not the players, and, (b) it's to further the story. (And, let us not forget that sometimes we cannot quite recall all the prior details ... which is why I will be keeping a running log on the Scabard site as scenes end so as to capture some of the details from threads.)
Dec 2, 2020 8:35 pm
Let me know if you want me to alter course. If a conflict with dejoker's PC is in danger of derailing deplot, I can make peace.
Dec 2, 2020 9:52 pm
I'm fine thus far. It helps set the character's persona.
Dec 2, 2020 9:57 pm
Yeah besides part of Patrick's story is him learning to be a bit less confrontational ;) so having internal conflict is a good thing for him
Dec 4, 2020 2:28 pm
A note, in case it was a concern, I do NOT have the expectation that everyone will travel in a cluster or single party. I have zero problem with people going in small groups or single parties in whatever direction they choose to go - related to whatever tales I might place in front of you or not. I like sandbox games. I will throw ideas and things out for the characters to pursue, and will act/react to their other inclinations or directions as well. So, do not feel like all of you must go leap into the street as a cluster to seek out haze or something else.
Dec 24, 2020 12:10 am
So, everybody okay? I know that's Christmas looming beyond the snow banks of my Canadian home, but we've been quiet for a minute.
Dec 24, 2020 4:50 pm
My apologies to all ... I was on a three-week work bender (commute-work-commute-sleep-commute-work, repeat ...) and had some family health issues that came up and have sapped almost all of my spare time and energy. I should be back on track as family heads home Sunday and Christmas fades to the background. A LOT of stuff has fallen through the cracks the past couple of weeks, and my attention to gaming stuff was one of them.

My most sincere apologies, and I will be back on track within the next few days.
Dec 24, 2020 5:11 pm
I'm glad you can see the sunshine through the clouds. Have a wonderful Christmas! All of you!
Jan 16, 2021 12:50 am
cdwjava says:
My most sincere apologies, and I will be back on track within the next few days.
https://i.imgur.com/U7UjyvF.jpg
Last edited January 16, 2021 12:51 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.