Character Design

load previous
Dec 15, 2020 5:47 pm
GeneCortess says:
Being mostly done except for gear which is next to nothing for a small Dragonfly probably.

Free agent feat Last Resort Bonus: I have 0 last resort. Does this let me now have 1 Last resort point?

What is an Action Check score that I have a +2 on it?
Yes, you now have 1 last resort point. Action checks are basically your initiative roll. It's a d20, modified by your step bonus or penalty. In your case, this is a static bonus and not a step bonus so it modifies the score directly, going from a 12 to a 14. So your action check is: 15+ Marginal/14 Ordinary/7 Good/3 Amazing.

For your gear, let's say that you begin play with 5d8x10 trade goods and you can purchase any Tech Level G equipment from that (most medieval and stone-aged gear). If you don't have a list of the equipment, just tell me what you are after and I'll set a price. Remember that you on ly have a STR of 7 and don't want to be overburdened. Also, your natural armor is probably good enough for now.
Dec 15, 2020 6:15 pm
Amazing is 1.. It is 1/4 of good rounded down. but I got those done and working on gear. Gear is 110gp. (Low side but really doesn't matter.)

Rolls
gear - (5d8)

( 3, 3, 1, 2, 2 ) = 11
Last edited December 15, 2020 6:16 pm

Rolls

gear - (5d8)

(33122) = 11

Dec 15, 2020 7:13 pm
Question: What are the thoughts to have a pack animal? Been living in this area. Does one even survive? I figure whatever it is. It doesn't actually have to be huge like they are normally. LOL. A cat could almost carry anything willow would want, but what ever it is, it just about has to be rather self-sufficient and mostly like a herbivore. Something that lives in a swamp? Perhaps a lizard or something that moves at 4 walk. I would think that it would cost Willow probably half price as it isn't going to be very big.

LOL. Can see a 3' dragonfly with a leash to something might bigger than him.
Last edited December 15, 2020 7:22 pm
Dec 16, 2020 3:17 am
Or you could put things in mini backpack around Kitoshi's waist. He's 2.1 meters tall, about 6'10". I think he can handle your pack and his. Hehehe. It'd be funny if Kitoshi let Willow lead him around on a leash just to fool people. LOL.
Dec 16, 2020 4:10 am
That would be wild for sure. Perhaps some day that will play into an adventure.

I think Willow will a sack with a few things. Obviously things can't be too big. Some day he dreams of a flame thrower.. :)
Dec 16, 2020 6:22 pm
Willow thinks You, Big Blue, also known as "Kitoshi" or perhaps "Kit" would make a good team. He's your eyes in the sky and has your back covered. Think how you would look with a 3' pet Dragonfly on your shoulders.

Willow fair intelligent for a dragonfly and good at locate food. He not so good on predictor plants, but he keen dealing with predictor animals.

Side note. Your pet Dragonfly BITES and his skin is very much like armor. Oh by the way, his little legs are fast and hit ground and move as fast as the normal person.
OOC:
Willow is done now I think.
Last edited December 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Dec 16, 2020 11:05 pm
So how does Zivitch fit in with the group? Don't think a leash would fit on him but he has the ability to sap the willpower of any foe standing near him. If we're in a swamp he would fit right in and wandering foes might not even recognize their danger.
Dec 17, 2020 11:28 pm
Hi all - I have started working on Dave-17 (android) and I was going to go Combat Spec but just wanted to check what professions everyone else was going with? Can always go with something else if we've already got that role covered
Dec 18, 2020 1:04 am
Right now, we have one combat spec, and three free agents. While not strictly necessary (I can run a party of entirely free agents if need be), I recommend at least one tech op. The diplomat is pretty much optional.
Dec 18, 2020 1:19 am
I’ll go Tech Op then. Will rejig my character a bit in the morning :)
Last edited December 18, 2020 1:19 am
Dec 18, 2020 1:28 am
The 3' Dragonfly says, Sounds good. from on top of the huge bluish mass.
Last edited December 18, 2020 1:29 am
Dec 18, 2020 4:01 am
The red and green leafed plant sneaks a glance from behind Big Blue's right leg.
Dec 18, 2020 7:56 pm
Kitoshi nods his head sideways. "Tek...opp. Hmmm...yes, tekopp can fix my bow and make more arrows. It is a good thing. We will lay waste our enemies and hear their lamentations on the winds when the souls of wicked men are taken away to endure the 99 hells for eternity, for such is their fate. We welcome you Tekopp."
Last edited December 18, 2020 7:56 pm
Dec 22, 2020 12:37 am
Right, I've updated Dave as a Tech-Ops, bit of techie knowledge, bit of first aid stuff in there. Still need to sort equipment though
Apr 28, 2021 4:48 am
Okay, I couldn't wait for a reply, so I started working on a character tonight...

"Jabber, the Dabber Tech Op, is at you service," says a short, brown furred fellow with a tip of the hat and a slight bow.

I can always start anew if the group decides that a different character would be a better addition to the party. :D

This is my first time playing on Gamers Plane. If I 'Submit' the character, am I still able to go back and make changes, or is it locked down at that point? If it is locked down, is there a way for me to share it before submitting it?

I'm not sure how this dice roller works, let's give it a try.

Rolling for starting cash (5d8x10), mutations (one Ordinary, one Good and one Amazing - all mental) and drawbacks (two Moderate):

Rolls

Starting cash (5d8x10) - (5d8)

(27636) = 24

Ordinary mental mutation - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Good mental mutation - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Amazing mental mutation - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Moderate drawback #1 - (1d12)

(2) = 2

Moderate drawback #2 - (1d12)

(5) = 5

Apr 28, 2021 4:56 am
You can go back and modify a post, but cannot change die rolls, of course. Oh, and welcome to Gamers Plane!
Apr 28, 2021 5:26 am
Okay, but I can modify my character after I have submitted it, yes? i.e. to make changes, add equipment, etc.

Thank you! :)
Apr 28, 2021 5:11 pm
Okay, I'm just about done with character creation. I have a couple of questions regarding the two Moderate Drawbacks I rolled above, and then I'll be ready finalize everything and submit!

#2 Environmental Sensitivity, Moderate - the description says to select one of: hot, cold, wet or arid. I would prefer if you select it, or perhaps roll randomly?

#5 Photodependent, Moderate - Each hour spent in darkness inflicts 1 point of fatigue. I only have 4 points of fatigue, so an 8 hour rest in total darkness would kill me. :/

I can mitigate this with a lantern, which would require 2 liters of oil to be burned for an 8 hour rest period. Each liter of oil weighs 2kg. I can fit 9 liters (18 kg) in my leather backpack and my sack, along with my other equipment, so basically 4.5 nights worth of oil.

Or I could use torches, which are cheaper and weight less, but I could not find the duration listed for a torch. Would it be the same as a liter of oil - 4 hours?
Apr 28, 2021 8:01 pm
Roll randomly for your environmental sensitivity, please. Torches last for 1 hour each.
Apr 29, 2021 2:45 am
Lantern it is, then. Jabber hopes he can find lantern oil every few days or so!

Okay, rolling for Environmental Sensitivity - hot, cold, wet or arid.

-----

Character submitted! It was nice to "kick the tires" on Alternity again, after such a long time away. :)
Last edited April 29, 2021 2:48 am

Rolls

Environmental Sensitivity Drawback - (1d4)

(4) = 4

You do not have permission to post in this thread.