Why GamersPlane?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Dec 10, 2020 8:23 pm
szemely says:
I got back into RPGs about 6 years ago and didn’t have any local players. I searched around for some sort of online play and didn’t really like my options until I came across GamersPlane - signed up immediately and got to playing!
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Dec 10, 2020 8:45 pm
As many others have said, I joined GP because of the easily understood interface and stayed because I met so many folks I love to game with.
Dec 10, 2020 10:27 pm
Moonbeam says:
As many others have said, I joined GP because of the easily understood interface and stayed because I met so many folks I love to game with.
Thanks! I hope to be among them one day!
Dec 11, 2020 1:43 am
I joined Gamers' Plane because I wanted user id 1. Makes me feel special. I also have user ids 2 and 3. Because I'm special.
Dec 11, 2020 7:31 am
Keleth says:
I joined Gamers' Plane because I wanted user id 1. Makes me feel special. I also have user ids 2 and 3. Because I'm special.
LOL - that is close to cheating Keleth!
Jul 22, 2021 5:19 pm
I'm late to this conversation and the OP has gone inactive but here's my say anyway:

I've tried a bunch of PbP sites but GP has the best community by far! The site itself isn't perfect but I still much prefer it over other sites, and it's constantly improving. But that's only secondary. The community is what makes me play here exclusively.
Jul 22, 2021 5:49 pm
I have to agree with Jabes. The community here is so good and welcoming to new users. It honestly feels like a big family.
Jul 22, 2021 5:50 pm
emsquared says:
I played pbp for probably 2 years before I found Gamersplane.

Reason number 1, and the most important by far, for me is the community. I experienced a lot of elitism at the majors, a lot of cliquee-ness. I experienced severe cliquee-ness, mostly relating to the "founding community" at the few smaller places I tried. Never got any of that here. Certainly ppl have ppl that they know best and may tend to form groups around those ppl still here, but I never experienced exclusivity. Very open. Very helpful. And most importantly, just kind. That last bit can be surprisingly rare...

The other reasons for me is the "suite" of tools. Just the combination of in-post dice roller and easy formatting tools, the in-forum character sheets, and the ability to have individual avatars for characters and NPCs.
This! I've been here a little over two years now and tried most if not all of the sites and I find GP to be the best of all of them for the above reasons. With the later and current improvements, the site is getting better and better.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.