Interest Check: Honey Heist

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 14, 2020 6:01 pm
Hey all, I was thinking about maybe running a game of some kind, but wasn't sure what to do it with. I decided on Honey Heist, which is a super simple RPG created by Grant Howitt. There's a total of like 10 rules, so it should be relatively easy to pick up and understand. It's meant to just be ridiculous and stupid fun. I am still new to this site and I am in a couple of other games so I will not be the fastest poster, but once or twice a day/every other day will be my goal.

Basic premise: you are a group of undercover bears, yes bears, who work for the FBI (Federal Beareau of Investigation). The FBI has heard rumors that this year's international HoneyCon is under threat of being compromised: a mysterious entity known only as The Bearoness and their secret agents, the Bearacuda, have reportedly been responsible for the theft of many of the competitors' honey for the contest of Best Honey of 2020. Their motives are not known, but you have been assigned to investigate, and put a stop to whatever nefarious plot they have spun.

I most likely am looking for 4 players. If interested, DM me your weirdest, wackiest, coolest, whateverest character idea and we'll go from there. If i get enough interest in the next couple days, I will start making and preparing the game.

Below is a link to the pdf of the rules, pick a type of bear and a role and let me know what you're thinking!

https://www.docdroid.net/KJzmn5k/honey-heist-by-grant-howitt-pdf
OOC:
also let me know if the link works for you or not
Last edited December 15, 2020 1:10 am
Dec 14, 2020 6:02 pm
Side note: the more bear puns the better
Side note #2: only look at the first page of the pdf, as the second one only pertains to the GM (or BM in this case, Bear Master)
Last edited December 14, 2020 6:03 pm
Dec 14, 2020 6:22 pm
I think it ought have been the Fuzzy Beareau of Investigation -- because everyone knows that -- Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, But Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair, So Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't Fuzzy Washe? -- which I am sure is what begat the Agency as it was necessary to thoroughly INspect this VESTIge in order to ascertain an egress (GATE)

Note just supplying puns ;)
Last edited December 14, 2020 6:26 pm
Dec 14, 2020 7:37 pm
This sounds fantastic, I'd love to play. My pun skills could use some work, though :). I'll DM you something later today when I have time to brainstorm some characters
Last edited December 14, 2020 7:38 pm
Dec 14, 2020 7:45 pm
Pawesome!! (gross, i know 😂. my pun skills could use some work too, but it seems like DeJoker’s is on point lmao)
Last edited December 15, 2020 1:09 am
Dec 14, 2020 8:05 pm
Feel free to use the pun for your game if you like ;) and happying pun-ting

I played the Michelin Man (tire guy) once in a loony-tunes like game and his motto was "I will Tread the world and strive to leave a good Impression" and the rest of the game was just as tongue-in-cheek as that by everyone
Last edited December 14, 2020 8:09 pm
Dec 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Oh, this sounds fun! I'd love to join, though I'm afraid I am bearely able to do puns; I am not that confident in my English. XD (...Does me being from the country of bears with balalaikas and vodka give me bonus points?)

I'll PM you the concept later, once I stop myself from wanting to embrace the stereotypes. :D
Last edited December 14, 2020 8:26 pm
Dec 14, 2020 8:38 pm
But FlyingSucculent fully embracing and extremely extending the stereotypes is what pun-ish-meant to do -- never just do what you can extremely over do :)
Last edited December 14, 2020 8:40 pm
Dec 14, 2020 8:39 pm
Flying, you could play an exchange agent from Sibearia
Dec 14, 2020 8:45 pm
You two are making me want to commit and make agent Ivan from Siberia who loves borstch, can't get drunk, speaks in broken English and wears an ushanka. XD
Dec 14, 2020 9:02 pm
A bear with a surname Kozlov is its own kind of joke. Since Kozlov kind of means "of the goats". XD
Last edited December 14, 2020 9:02 pm
Dec 14, 2020 11:48 pm
Haha I love it! And don’t worry @FlyingSucculent, there are no definite koalafications on amount of pun use! ;) Only do as much as you’re comfortable/able, no pressure!
Last edited December 14, 2020 11:49 pm
Dec 14, 2020 11:58 pm
@aquafina, are you the type of GM who pandas to the players? :-)

If so, that's OK, there's no claws for alarm.
Last edited December 15, 2020 12:00 am
Dec 14, 2020 11:59 pm
Side Note #3: it’ll work best if there’s only one of each role, so the roles will be on first come first serve. (We won’t need all 6 realistically) so i will update this list below of what roles have been chosen so far, out of Face, Thief, Muscle, Brains, Hacker, and Driver.
Taken:
-Face
-Hacker
-Thief
Last edited December 15, 2020 10:34 pm
Dec 15, 2020 12:02 am
Sorry, my apawlogies @rpgventurer, but what do you mean by pandas to the players lmao 😅
Last edited December 15, 2020 12:03 am
Dec 15, 2020 3:34 am
Taking it easy . . . panda-ring . . . such as making everything black and white. :-)
Dec 15, 2020 4:16 am
I just realized I forgot to mention that this would be my first time GMing, so my GMing style is probably still a bit bearish.
Dec 15, 2020 5:03 pm
Edited the role list above^
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.