New to play by post!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 3, 2021 2:59 am
Hello guys and girls,

I've been involved in rpgs (tabletop, wargaming & LARP) for several years now but had a bit of a dry spell in the last few years. I recently started playing in a dnd5e campaign and it's made me really want to play some more games and experiment with new character types /classes than I'm used to playing.
I look forwards to gaming with some of you soon hopefully!

AJ
Jan 3, 2021 3:08 am
Welcome AJ, lots of D&D 5e gets played here, so you should find new games popping up, or LFP posts to fill in an existing game. Keep an eye on the Game's Tavern forum.
Jan 3, 2021 3:20 am
Welcome aboard.
Jan 3, 2021 3:24 am
Hello and welcome!
Jan 3, 2021 3:45 am
He there and welcome!

Len

Jan 3, 2021 7:27 am
Welcome AJ! Looking forward to seeing you out in the forums.
Jan 3, 2021 7:36 am
Welcome, AJ!

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!
Jan 3, 2021 7:55 pm
Thanks for the welcome guys!
Can't wait to have some games with you as soon as I have a handle on how this all works :)
Jan 3, 2021 9:24 pm
Hi and welcome!
Jan 5, 2021 7:52 pm
Welcome to GamersPlane! I've never tried LARPing. What do you enjoy the most about it? The roleplaying, the costumes, the large scale? It seems a little intimidating to try, but sounds like it would be a blast once you get over that initial anxiety. I'd be nervous about roleplaying well in real-time. One thing I like about PbP is that you have a bit more time to craft your RPing. I think it lends well to an immersive game. Although, it is a bit slower for that reason. I hope you enjoy the PbP format!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.