Hey

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 3, 2021 7:32 pm
Hello all.

I am new to play by post but have played TTRPGS for many years, as well as DMing in the year prior to the pandemic. The year out of playing has caused me to obsessively world build for when I can play in person again, so I am here in the hopes of satisfying my RPG itch!

Tsallion
Jan 3, 2021 7:35 pm
Welcome, Tsallion! Hopefully you can jump into a game around here. It sounds like you do D&D or maybe Pathfinder?
Jan 3, 2021 7:36 pm
Welcome Tsallion!
Jan 3, 2021 7:37 pm
I used to play Pathfinder in my younger years but more recently turned to DnD 5e to get some friends into it. Thanks for the warm welcome!
Jan 3, 2021 7:49 pm
Welcome!
Jan 3, 2021 8:01 pm
Welcome, Tsallion!

If you want to see how GP functions, check out the New GP Member Guide and maybe look through some public games as well.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You might also want to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

Happy gaming!

Len

Jan 3, 2021 8:58 pm
Welcome Tsallion!
Jan 3, 2021 9:20 pm
Welcome!
Jan 3, 2021 9:24 pm
Hi and welcome!
Jan 4, 2021 4:31 am
Welcome!
Jan 4, 2021 3:02 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 4, 2021 11:20 pm
Welcome aboard
Jan 5, 2021 8:09 pm
Welcome to GamersPlane! PbP definitely has a different feel than around the table, but I really enjoy it. In fact, I think I might have grown to enjoy it more. But both in-person and PbP offer different benefits, so it's great to do both and my actual preference probably depends on what I'm looking for on a given day. I definitely find PbP's a great way to scratch the itch when you can't get together with others, so I hope you enjoy the format too! Have you tried using a virtual table like Roll20? It's another alternative to in-person play with its own advantages and disadvantages.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.